TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 4, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #18,076 of 24,683
Belgium. The PM6 are big, I mean BIG. But rather comfortable to wear (I use spiral dot MS), with goo seal and light. I have used it for a couple of hours so not much burn in (for people who believe in it, i kind of) first impressions are a mixed bag.
Sound wise, and I not sensitive to it, be prepared for a fight with sibilance. I tried black, green, gold (both versions), purple, sibilance is just too much for me to bear. I have now the gunmetal on and it is finally ok.
So with gunmetal on, the sound is rather bright and cold. Somewhat more than I expected. Also I feel they do not like to be driven high since the lows breaks easily and sibilance is back at high volumes. Staging is decent and detail ok.
At this stage I do not see me enjoying them over my periodic audio Be and, yes shot me down, even the vyrus2 (ouch).

I hope other filters and some burn in will change things.
Bump for the purchase is ever to be sold... :D

Jun 4, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #18,081 of 24,683
Actually was referring to Croation Symphmoniac Speed Polka. Nothing spells fun like an accordian amped thru a Marshall Stack :L3000:
Haha, great!

As a brief aside, I was an acquaintance of a guy called Tom Monger in school who played in my friend's kind of punk rock band.
Only the guy was a classically-trained harp player.
So they had the idea to wire the harp up and play it through an amp (possibly a Marshall stack lol).
To me, it just sounded rather naff, like a piano with zero sustain.
It can't have been all bad though, since the last I heard, he was part of Florence and the Machine (presumably, the Machine).. :D
His brother was astonishingly good at drums, even at age 6.. I wonder what became of him.. :)

Jun 4, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #18,083 of 24,683
Not for me, they bring back sibilance
I was gonna say, I thought none of the other filters worked out for you besides the blue ones. However, the blue ones don't seem to be for me, though they were one of the better ones of the bunch. My preliminary runthrough of the filters pointed me in the direction of the gunmetal filters actually.

Jun 4, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #18,084 of 24,683
I was gonna say, I thought none of the other filters worked out for you besides the blue ones. However, the blue ones don't seem to be for me, though they were one of the better ones of the bunch. My preliminary runthrough of the filters pointed me in the direction of the gunmetal filters actually.
Did you get your Hunters?

Jun 4, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #18,087 of 24,683
Did you get your Hunters?
Indeed I did. Got them in Friday, had about 30 minutes yesterday to put them in my ears and do lightning rounds of the filters with stock tips. Seems I'm liking the gunmetal so far, but I'm going to see if maybe the green or blue does slightly better when I have actual time to use preferred tips. I wrote down a very brief summary in the smaller thread "what the future holds" thread.

Jun 4, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #18,089 of 24,683
Indeed I did. Got them in Friday, had about 30 minutes yesterday to put them in my ears and do lightning rounds of the filters with stock tips. Seems I'm liking the gunmetal so far, but I'm going to see if maybe the green or blue does slightly better when I have actual time to use preferred tips. I wrote down a very brief summary in the smaller thread "what the future holds" thread.
I had a chance to read it. I hope Bob can figure out what's wrong with mine because it sounds like people are enjoying them.

Jun 5, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #18,090 of 24,683
I don't mind purchasing the flac files as long as everyone is on board, but I'll put together a spotify and soundcloud playlist regardless for ease of access

I will purchase all the flac files from the same source so quality is unifrom, I'm sure you'll be able to find a few minutes to drop a playlist into your itunes ; ) or you could listen on spotify or soundcloud

Great idea. But what's the point of buying flac when in the end it's compressed spotify/soundcloud? It's always hard to judge quality when the source is already compromised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back