TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 5, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #18,092 of 24,683
Indeed I did. Got them in Friday, had about 30 minutes yesterday to put them in my ears and do lightning rounds of the filters with stock tips. Seems I'm liking the gunmetal so far, but I'm going to see if maybe the green or blue does slightly better when I have actual time to use preferred tips. I wrote down a very brief summary in the smaller thread "what the future holds" thread.

Good to hear you got your headphones already. I haven't received any notification regarding my PM6s yet. I might be part of the next shipment when they can get stock back again.

Jun 5, 2017 at 6:06 AM Post #18,093 of 24,683
I haven't received any notification regarding my PM6s yet. I might be part of the next shipment when they can get stock back again.

I emailed Jake on Friday asking when I could realistically expect my PM6 to arrive.
He said they are waiting for more stock to arrive, which should be in two weeks or less.
Also that as soon as stock arrives, the order will be shipped out first thing.

I'm based in the UK by the way.

Jun 5, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #18,094 of 24,683
IMG_0283.jpg
Perfect combination. Many :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #18,095 of 24,683
My free Hyperions turned up this morning (Having pre ordered Icarus IV on 19th May). My new Fiio F5's turned up as well. Happy days

Jun 5, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #18,097 of 24,683
I do like them, my first ones were snaffled by my step daughter who had only used the earbuds that came with her phone before. She absolutely loved them.

Jun 5, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #18,100 of 24,683
Can anyone who has Hunter or PM6 confirm the compatiablity of "FIIO rc-78B" balanced cables?
At first glance, PM6 cables seems to be proprietary. However, Bob promised it will be industry standard. I have no tools to measure its pin size, diameter etc.

Any help is much appreciated.

Jun 5, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #18,101 of 24,683
Can anyone who has Hunter or PM6 confirm the compatiablity of "FIIO rc-78B" balanced cables?
At first glance, PM6 cables seems to be proprietary. However, Bob promised it will be industry standard. I have no tools to measure its pin size, diameter etc.

Any help is much appreciated.
@tim0chan said over on the 'Future of Trinity Audio' thread that they were *not* proprietary: "And the cable system is proprietary, no matter what they say..."
I myself don't have either yet, so cannot confirm or deny. But I've ordered the PM6, so I too would appreciate clarification about this, maybe some photos to show what's up etc? :)

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #18,102 of 24,683
@tim0chan said over on the 'Future of Trinity Audio' thread that they were *not* proprietary: "And the cable system is proprietary, no matter what they say..."
I myself don't have either yet, so cannot confirm or deny. But I've ordered the PM6, so I too would appreciate clarification about this, maybe some photos to show what's up etc? :)

The connectors are turned 90 degrees.
Pin diameter is 0.78mm
The fiio balanced cables do work but may be awkward due to the connectors being turned 90 degrees. The cable is also going to be hard to push in due to a small notch.
Unfortunately i do not have access to a camera at the moment.

Jun 5, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #18,105 of 24,683

Users who are viewing this thread

Back