TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 3, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #18,061 of 24,683
I intend to put in something with an electronic feel, probably something kinda poppy, and Flynn Lives by Daft Punk from the Tron Legacy soundtrack. That was just a very enjoyable piece of music for me with some subtle detail.

Should check out Square Peg Round Hole (Juniper album), pretty interesting sound they have, mixing rhodes, vibraphone, drums and different electronic beats.

Jun 3, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #18,063 of 24,683
I appreciate the effort you're putting into this, but my personal pick here would be to do Spotify (I'll make an account if I absolutely must) or SoundCloud. I can't agree with letting you purchase the files just for something as relatively insignificant as a small group test. If we're doing Spotify or SoundCloud, count me in.
Second to that, if we're doing Spotify or SoundCloud.

Jun 3, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #18,065 of 24,683
So I can find some things that maybe no else physically has only if we need more choices? Not sure if that helps or not??
Yes! Now we can cover the Mongolian speedpunk niche too! :D

Jun 3, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #18,066 of 24,683
Apologies for the tardy response; I have been afk.

No notification or inkling that I qualified for a free one; it just turned up.

ICARUS IV - PRE ORDER
Fulfilled May 19, 2017

So we ordered on the same day. Logically, I should be getting a hyperion in the mail soon as well! Nice. :)

Jun 3, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #18,067 of 24,683
So we ordered on the same day. Logically, I should be getting a hyperion in the mail soon as well! Nice. :)
Indeed, unless 249 other people happened to also order (slightly earlier) on the same day :p

Jun 3, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #18,069 of 24,683
i ordered on the 21st of may probably too late for the freebie

Jun 3, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #18,071 of 24,683
Pretty sure that you're in the 250... They sent out an email on the 29th saying that first 250 get hyperion :wink:

i wont be holding my breath...... lol

Jun 4, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #18,073 of 24,683
Still waiting on the Hunter and PM6 so since my Sabre earbud came unglued necessitating an extended return I ordered the LZ A4 from Penon Audio along with a $30 silver plated cable. Great sounding IEM that also uses a filter system and I get a slightly better fit than the Sabre's which was the previous winner in the fit category for me. The silver plated cables sounded significantly better than the stock cables which surprised me so I now have Linum BaX MMCX cables on order for them and 2-Pin cables for the Hunter/PM6 when they arrive :dt880smile:. Kind of a shame I can't use them with the Icarus IV, I'm on the fence for ordering given the discount but the cable thing is pushing it towards a no. Also want to ideally try my 2 pre-orders to see if they meet my needs or not, if not I'll either try to return them or sell them at cost on the FS forum.

Jun 4, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #18,075 of 24,683
With all the trouble recently with the deliveries, it might be that people are little hesitant to give very strong recommendations about Icarus 3. However, what I have managed to collect ( I have preordered) Icarus 3 should be very smooth yet detailed with large soundstage. I think everyone who have tested have roughly described the same. So I don't really know how delta sounds, but Icarus does indeed sound like a big brother of it.

From the direct contact with Trinity (Jake), the Icarus III was said to be a definite upgrade in regard to Atlas Delta segment of Trinity offerings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back