TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 29, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #17,749 of 24,683
Well, I have the blue on and YES. This is it. My mixed feelings are very positive and I am going to let the IEM get burned a few ours on their own now.

The PM6 with the blue seems (to my ears) a match in heaven. Plenty of bass, less bright and cold but still very analytical and well balanced (Bob did say to expect it, the icarus are the warmer/darker ones guys). Definition went all of a sudden up a notch. The highs have a faint hint of sibilance to me at very very high volumes (too high for me anyhow), lows finally are slightly warmer. I wish the staging was wider :frowning2:

Regarding cables and fit. I repeat, the fit is really good (spiral dots MS) and the seal is such that even if I am sitting next to a 3d printer I do not hear the printer at all. I compliment bob for his change of material since these are beasts of an IEM and the zinc allow makes is very light and they are rather easy to wear. The two pins cables are very stable now, another level from the sabre.

In a way the tuning of the PM6 reminds me of my planar headphones. To anybody who likes darker and/or warmer tuning ... I suspect you will not like them. As I did not need another dark or warm IEM, the PM6 are what I wanted them to be with the blue filters (but with some other filters they were truly a pain to my ears).

May 29, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #17,750 of 24,683
Belgium. The PM6 are big, I mean BIG. But rather comfortable to wear (I use spiral dot MS), with goo seal and light. I have used it for a couple of hours so not much burn in (for people who believe in it, i kind of) first impressions are a mixed bag.
Sound wise, and I not sensitive to it, be prepared for a fight with sibilance. I tried black, green, gold (both versions), purple, sibilance is just too much for me to bear. I have now the gunmetal on and it is finally ok.
So with gunmetal on, the sound is rather bright and cold. Somewhat more than I expected. Also I feel they do not like to be driven high since the lows breaks easily and sibilance is back at high volumes. Staging is decent and detail ok.
At this stage I do not see me enjoying them over my periodic audio Be and, yes shot me down, even the vyrus2 (ouch).

I hope other filters and some burn in will change things.

How does the detail compare between the Periodic Audio Be and the PM6?

May 29, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #17,751 of 24,683
How does the detail compare between the Periodic Audio Be and the PM6?

The Be and the PM6 are truly different IEM. Be is warmer and more emotional (to steal bob wording). The lows of the Be are (at least for me) impossible to surpass if not with IEM above the 1000s. They are truly a thing of beauty.
The PM6 are colder and brighter. Depending on what is playing the Be show more details or the pm6. But my Be got burned for a while, pm6 only 2-3 hours. They have similar staging/3d feeling.

Fit wise the pm6 are way better despite being bigger.

PS: Disclaimer, my ears are average.

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #17,752 of 24,683
The Be and the PM6 are truly different IEM. Be is warmer and more emotional (to steal bob wording). The lows of the Be are (at least for me) impossible to surpass if not with IEM above the 1000s. They are truly a thing of beauty.
The PM6 are colder and brighter. Depending on what is playing the Be show more details or the pm6. But my Be got burned for a while, pm6 only 2-3 hours. They have similar staging/3d feeling.

Once I have Hunters, Pm6 and Icarus III and IV in hand, I'll post a comparison and impression. Now you made me curious about periodic Be's though. :wink:

May 29, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #17,753 of 24,683
Can someone tell me What keiren's email is? I guess I missed it

May 29, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #17,755 of 24,683
May 29, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #17,756 of 24,683

I agree on the sibilance on the PM6 out of the box, however after a few days of use it seems to be getting better. And I don't usually believe in burn-in.
Give it a bit longer and it might change. The BE sounds wonderful from what you are describing, I am almost feeling slight disappointment that I didn't go for them instead :/

May 29, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #17,758 of 24,683
After reading about you guys modding tips, I tried putting the kombi foam into the spin fits. Not for me, cant really get a proper seal.

However, I put the kombi foam into the trinity double flange (only in the smaller bit for now, will try with both later) and it's perfect! The seal is great, and I swear it improved isolation a bit, something I wasn't very happy with.

May 29, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #17,759 of 24,683

How do the upper frequencies compare on both?

May 29, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #17,760 of 24,683

Pretty much what i figured and touched upon in my posts awhile back. Be's are amazing and that low end is exactly that. I don't think anything will be replacing my Be's for a very long time. Guess the Pm6s will go up on the market place when i get mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back