TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 26, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #17,686 of 24,683
A member asked Bob of Trinity:

Honestly hoping the phantom master(6) will be mindblowing.

"To me it is, time will tell."
That was Bob's answer.

I seriously hope it will live up to what he claimed, or else it's all...marketing!

May 26, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #17,687 of 24,683

That was Bob's answer.

I seriously hope it will live up to what he claimed, or else it's all...marketing!

Doubt it's truly "mind blowing". But you know, some people get their minds blown over coins behind the ear magic tricks, so anything is possible for them. :D

May 27, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #17,688 of 24,683
I'd bet the Delta would beat it out with those who wanted a better balance.... I'll get to find out since my AD is being replaced with a Master, which I'm none too happy about, but I can return it if I don't like it.

I just haven't seen the hype and excitement like I did with the Delta's since.

I do wonder what more emotional means... It could mean anything... I've experienced more emotional IEM's that I didn't like that were too upfront about the emotion, and others that were more subtle about it that were wonderful, but they had a more mature sound than what is typically made by trinity.

Maybe the Icarus's are replacing the delta's and he's just putting a new name on it lol

The LZ A4 does have a special bass to it. Wonderfully balanced and something I am not even trying to replace.

Just did about 30 minutes of testing b/t the Master (Gold un-dampened) and Delta I (gunmetal). They each have their pros and cons, but I ultimately prefer the Delta slightly more primarily because of its sub-bass. . When I have access to them, I will try the Master with the silver and red filters to see if I can regain the sub-bass found on the Delta. Here are is a quick comparison between the two

Master benefits:
Soundstage is a bit better
mids and highs are a tad more forward (I listen to a lot of indie/acoustic)
Cord is much less of a hassle, don't require untangling
Instrument separation is better

Delta
Faster, more lively
sub-bass reverb adds an extra layer of depth
Highs don't peak as much, though I don't have major issues with Master in this respect
Lighter, doesn't feel weighed down by cord like Master
deeper insertion offers a more reassuring fit

Both have above average clarity and detail retrieval. high and mid bass are present on both.

Feel free to ask any questions or request any more comparisons. I look forward to trying silver master vs gunmetal/silver delta

EDIT: Don't take this as a "delta are better than master" I still have a lot of testing to do. The Masters are GREAT, and i'd still recommend them.

Last edited:
May 27, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #17,689 of 24,683
Just did about 30 minutes of testing b/t the Master (Gold un-dampened) and Delta I (gunmetal). They each have their pros and cons, but I ultimately prefer the Delta slightly more primarily because of its sub-bass. . When I have access to them, I will try the Master with the silver and red filters to see if I can regain the sub-bass found on the Delta. Here are is a quick comparison between the two

Master benefits:
Soundstage is a bit better
mids and highs are a tad more forward (I listen to a lot of indie/acoustic)
Cord is much less of a hassle, don't require untangling
Instrument separation is better

Delta
Faster, more lively
sub-bass reverb adds an extra layer of depth
Highs don't peak as much, though I don't have major issues with Master in this respect
Lighter, doesn't feel weighed down by cord like Master
deeper insertion offers a more reassuring fit

Both have above average clarity and detail retrieval. high and mid bass are present on both.

Feel free to ask any questions or request any more comparisons. I look forward to trying silver master vs gunmetal/silver delta

EDIT: Don't take this as a "delta are better than master" I still have a lot of testing to do. The Masters are GREAT, and i'd still recommend them.

That's a very nice comparison!

How does the sparkle compare on both?

May 27, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #17,690 of 24,683

That was Bob's answer.

Lol he also claimed the PM4 was mind blowing

May 27, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #17,691 of 24,683
I modded my own tips of varying makes with slices of foam from earplugs called Howard leight max light ( so like kombi ), the foam memory is amazing and they are realy extremely soft foam, i just cut a earplug into slices of the right depth and made a hole for the nozzle/earplug centre.
Bit of experimenting and worked like a charm, good memory and isolation if needed ( dont always require on some iems) and they are very cheap on amazon about £3.50 for 20 pairs.
Plus once the memory on the foam runs out , just cut new ones.

could you please share some pictures of your own version of tips?

There you go.

20170527_072149.jpg

May 27, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #17,693 of 24,683
There you go.

That's gotta be enough supply for a few years of making those tips, right? With 20 pairs of ear plugs to use? I imagine that pack would keep you going a while :D. BTW, the poking a hole through with a pen bit; does that work? My question stems from the fact that the foam would want to return to taking up as much space as before you poked a hole into it. Doesn't that mean the foam kinda warps when you stick the tip stem core through the whole? Or does the resistive foam property not really make a difference?

May 27, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #17,694 of 24,683
Yes 20 pairs will last for ages !
The pen is more to put it on the bore hole poke the pen nib in the bore hole and gently slide on.
As for the memory warping from the pen , i make a pilot hole with something i.e thin screw driver or hot nail etc but honestly once you found the technique (not that hard) no need to use hot nail , just obviously be gentle as not to tear the foam and get it pretty central.

I have experimented on a few tips and in general it works but just needs experimenting.
I used it first on a pair of pinnacle p1,s because it doesn't have much low end and wanted to try and get a better seal with the standard tip.
2 things I noticed was dont over fill i.e about half to a 3rd of the tip depth , if overloaded can be like a bullet.
And with small tips try using the round edge of the tip of the earplug, for the same reason I.e over fill.

Im still experimenting with this, depending on iem depends on seal so not always needed to try.
But it means you can try and get better isolation with your fav normal tip.

update.....been a while since i have done this and i still am experimenting even though i have used this on 2 pairs of iems ( dont realy suffer with seal/isolstion very much) there are a couple of points i forgot to mention.
Try and make a hole rather than just pierce the foam as again overfill can make them hard.
Also the earplugs i have mentioned , there are others and the ones I have used were at hand , i have had hit and miss results (hence the tips about overfill) but i believe the method is sound as i have used it a couple of times. Would be good to try other models/makes to find the perfect foam.
If anybody trys this and finds what they think is ideal foam let me know.

Last edited:
May 27, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #17,695 of 24,683
Doubt it's truly "mind blowing". But you know, some people get their minds blown over coins behind the ear magic tricks, so anything is possible for them. :D
What?? The coin behind the ear isn't real magic?!:astonished::fearful::wink:

May 27, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #17,696 of 24,683
I'd bet the Delta would beat it out with those who wanted a better balance.... I'll get to find out since my AD is being replaced with a Master, which I'm none too happy about, but I can return it if I don't like it.

I just haven't seen the hype and excitement like I did with the Delta's since.

I do wonder what more emotional means... It could mean anything... I've experienced more emotional IEM's that I didn't like that were too upfront about the emotion, and others that were more subtle about it that were wonderful, but they had a more mature sound than what is typically made by trinity.

Maybe the Icarus's are replacing the delta's and he's just putting a new name on it lol

With all the trouble recently with the deliveries, it might be that people are little hesitant to give very strong recommendations about Icarus 3. However, what I have managed to collect ( I have preordered) Icarus 3 should be very smooth yet detailed with large soundstage. I think everyone who have tested have roughly described the same. So I don't really know how delta sounds, but Icarus does indeed sound like a big brother of it.

May 27, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #17,697 of 24,683
While waiting for my orders, I've really been enjoying the Sabre. I found that with long filters and foam stuffed SpinFits, using a much smaller tip size than usual, I am getting a good seal and can lie on my side without closing off the sound.
Unfortunately, my L iem is having connection issues where the sound cuts out. Is there something I can do with the pins to improve contact? I remember reading something here but that was a long time ago.

May 27, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #17,698 of 24,683
My Master arrived yesterday. Got it today from the post box. Case and M Kombi included. All the accessories were there, including screwdriver and 12 spare screws.

I'm definitely going to silver undamped. Very detailed, but without the harness that made me use the damped version in PM4. I tried the gold, but hasn't enough bass for me. I'll try later gunmetal, black, blue, red... just to check the different signatures, but don't really expect to change my mind.

May 27, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #17,699 of 24,683
With all the trouble recently with the deliveries, it might be that people are little hesitant to give very strong recommendations about Icarus 3. However, what I have managed to collect ( I have preordered) Icarus 3 should be very smooth yet detailed with large soundstage. I think everyone who have tested have roughly described the same. So I don't really know how delta sounds, but Icarus does indeed sound like a big brother of it.
the delivery issue should not make someone hesitant to provide a review.

If the IEM sounds good, great etc that's what matters now. I hope everyone is enjoying their new IEM.

Reviews will start to increase with more people receiving them.

May 27, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #17,700 of 24,683
the delivery issue should not make someone hesitant to provide a review.

If the IEM sounds good, great etc that's what matters now. I hope everyone is enjoying their new IEM.

Reviews will start to increase with more people receiving them.

As far as I know, the Icarus III have not shipped yet. This is most likely the reason why no reviews have come in yet. Give it another few weeks and I am sure some people will be in a position to post their comparisons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back