TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 23, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #17,356 of 24,683
It was with the AM3. However, the only filter I don't get sibilance with is the silver damped no matter what source I use. These things are so damn detailed. I'm looking forward to someone testing the frequency response. I suspect there's a peak somewhere between 5 and 8Khz that could have been tamed a few db. Maybe I'll mess with eq and see if I can find it that way.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info , slightly off track i have am2 as well and when I changed to am3 I did find it a bit peaky at times, went back to am2 but do think am3 is better , more dynamic and better detail so stuck with am3.
Hope i don't find them too sibilant i suffer with high frequencys at times.
Thanks.

May 23, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #17,357 of 24,683
It was with the AM3. However, the only filter I don't get sibilance with is the silver damped no matter what source I use. These things are so damn detailed. I'm looking forward to someone testing the frequency response. I suspect there's a peak somewhere between 5 and 8Khz that could have been tamed a few db. Maybe I'll mess with eq and see if I can find it that way.

Thanks for the info , slightly off track i have am2 as well and when I changed to am3 I did find it a bit peaky at times, went back to am2 but do think am3 is better , more dynamic and better detail so stuck with am3.
Hope i don't find them too sibilant i suffer with high frequencys at times.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Will be interesting also to hear comparisons in balanced on am3 .

May 23, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #17,358 of 24,683
My ADs are supposed to come this week according to Jake with a "guarantee", I hope they do come otherwise anything else they say pretty much can't be trusted.

Mate... My PM6 was "shipping as we speak" a month and a half ago. Then "next week guaranteed" 3 weeks ago, then the week after "early next week". Now yet another week has started and still nothing. I live in UK as well, so delivery should be one day.
They just fail so hard at estimating anything in time, I just don't understand why they keep trying.

May 23, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #17,360 of 24,683
Ir is very difficult to stick to my word of not complaining when, first you are told they ship today and after few days (a week after due to WE), they still shay they ship this week. Especially when they are being shipped .... man such a LOOOONNNGGG wait :)

May 23, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #17,361 of 24,683
I have an issue with my hunters. The right side sounds much louder than the left. Have checked both braided cables with and without memory wire and also changed the filters. The blue filter sounds very natural and clear and treble is not that kind of in your face type of the Master.

May 23, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #17,362 of 24,683
I have an issue with my hunters. The right side sounds much louder than the left. Have checked both braided cables with and without memory wire and also changed the filters. The blue filter sounds very natural and clear and treble is not that kind of in your face type of the Master.

Probably a stupid question, but are both sets of pins connecting flush to the shell of the Hunter? I noticed a little notch on the connector that helps guide the connection in when I unplugged the cable earlier so just wondering if you were getting a full connection on both sides? If you are, sounds like you might have an issue there.

My favourites so far on the filters are the blue, green and gold damped - I'm preferring the more neutral approach with these things.

May 23, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #17,363 of 24,683
@jackpot 77 Thanks for asking. Yes, bins are connected flush to the shell. I did not see the notch at first but then corrected the insertion. I received the PM6 today as, well. Everything is perfect for the red PM6 but I agreed that Hunter sounds very natural, clear and detailed on my AR-M2. Compared to PM6, the hunter sounds more organic and holographic while the PM6 sounds digital. Already sent Bob an email, but I am trying to "burn in" the left unit with the right unit unconnected to see if it can get louder.

May 23, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #17,364 of 24,683
An update to my Atlas Delta order where Jake guaranteed that it was to be shipped TWO weeks ago. This is the reply I got today from Kieran:

"I’m very sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately it was not shipped last week, but it’ll be shipped today. It is packed and ready, so if it does not arrive in two weeks, please contact me again."

So yes, Jake lied to me two weeks ago (Bob was in the email loop as well) so that I would not cancel my order.

I don't know how everyone feels about this, but I will not support a company that lies and I am feeling extremely bad for getting one of my friends to purchase a Delta last year (!!!). He is still waiting for the Delta as well when Jake told him more than a month ago it was "guaranteed to ship last week". The lack of communication and delay before was frustrating yes, but an outright lie to your customer is to me, unacceptable. There are better companies out there that deserve the money.

UPDATE: Kieran told me they are shipping me a Master instead of AD. And there was NO prior email informing me about it. If I had not email them just now I would have been sent a Master, while expecting an Atlas Delta. I've just cancelled the order. The Master I have on hand will be my last pair of Trinity's IEM.

PS: Those of you who are like me and don't want a Master instead of AD, do check with Trinity about what IEM are they sending you.

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #17,368 of 24,683
Holy crap these things sound phenomenal... feeding Amnesiac to them as a first listen... and I couldn't be happier. Unreal
hunter1.JPG

May 23, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #17,369 of 24,683
Already sent Bob an email, but I am trying to "burn in" the left unit with the right unit unconnected to see if it can get louder.
Hey, I'm no expert, but this seems a slightly risky approach to me.
*for the purposes of this reply*, we are presumably working on the assumption that 'burn in' physically changes the sound signature.
I haven't heard of it increasing volume. That's not to say that it won't, but I've personally never heard of that. Other more experienced people can chime in if they have.

We don't know what the issue with your Hunter is. It could be a connector pin or cable issue, or even something to do with the termination or even your DAP's connector socket/hardware.
If it turns out to be anything *other* than an IEM issue, then you may have yourself an assymetrical sounding set of IEM's afterwards.
Personally, I'd burn both sides in equally and see what happens.
Of course, if burn in really has no real effect, then none of this will matter :p

May 23, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #17,370 of 24,683
Hey, I'm no expert, but this seems a slightly risky approach to me.
*for the purposes of this reply*, we are presumably working on the assumption that 'burn in' physically changes the sound signature.
I haven't heard of it increasing volume. That's not to say that it won't, but I've personally never heard of that. Other more experienced people can chime in if they have.

We don't know what the issue with your Hunter is. It could be a connector pin or cable issue, or even something to do with the termination or even your DAP's connector socket/hardware.
If it turns out to be anything *other* than an IEM issue, then you may have yourself an assymetrical sounding set of IEM's afterwards.
Personally, I'd burn both sides in equally and see what happens.
Of course, if burn in really has no real effect, then none of this will matter :p
I don't think so either, unless he's trying to increase volume to point where he can blow his drivers out.
Cause let's look how a basic idea on how IEMs/speakers/headphone works.

3.5mm or 2.5mm port sends a voltage towards audio cable, and in it goes into drivers/diaphragm, where the neodymium drivers convert the electrical signal into audible sound which takes place inside IEM.
I don't believe anywhere it increases the volume is even possible without increasing voltage/Volume/AMP, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back