TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 10, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #16,366 of 24,683
They have been "guaranteed" to be delivered "next week" since April 3rd on PM6's.
Still nothing. I wont cancel, because I do believe the end product will be a good product. It is annoying they can't just tell the truth.

May 10, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #16,367 of 24,683
I think at this point people really should look at their business model like it's a Kickstarter order. If something gets deliver at the end, great if not you're SOL.
Customers can now choose if they want a refund or wait for their final products.
With so many delays and vogue explanations I sure hope Trinity had the time to do the necessary QC for their TOTL models, tune them to have consistent sound against the reference and make sure everything is good to go.

May 10, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #16,368 of 24,683
Hunters now £650! Wowee wow....

Now, when it's sold out already why would you do that? Hmm, make those waiting feel like they are getting more of a deal, so don't cancel? :wink: Just a random thought.

I bet its more like they have to charge that to make any kind of profit, the deep discounts when first launching them and the quality level they are trying to achieve i suspect does not line up. Thus the reason none have been shipped they can't actually produce them at the price they offered them, so they are coming out with all the other models Icarus etc. to try and raise more funds. Purely speculation on my part, but without earphones to listen to what else have I got to do.

Last edited:
May 10, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #16,369 of 24,683
I think at this point people really should look at their business model like it's a Kickstarter order. If something gets deliver at the end, great if not you're SOL.
Customers can now choose if they want a refund or wait for their final products.
With so many delays and vogue explanations I sure hope Trinity had the time to do the necessary QC for their TOTL models, tune them to have consistent sound against the reference and make sure everything is good to go.

My hunter is not a kickstarter order ....

May 10, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #16,370 of 24,683
My hunter is not a kickstarter order ....
I think there may be a misunderstanding and forgive me if I misinterpret your comment. I believe he's saying and tend to agree somewhat that we should look at their business model like it's just a big KS campaign, meaning you fund and hope to get something in return and expect delays. I agree that some things look that way but others are fulfilled immediately as they are in stock. My only qualm with thinking that way is they use their own storefront so maybe they should use KS for all new models and only on their web store for in stock items? Either way we all wait, expect news and sometimes positives come out of it.
I have my Masters now, I burned them in 4 days solid and begin listening last night, for the amount I paid as an upgrade in December they are fantastic, punch in along side things in the 200 to 400 range, expansive sound stage, very realistic image, no sibilance I have heard yet and plenty of bass. I've listened for about 3 hours intently, all rock. Will listen tonight some more with other genre's acoustic and vocal presentations to get an idea of an all round performance.I am satisfied with the value they represent but still a bit unwelcoming of the delays, misinformation and lack of items included from their standard package vs what was on the initial purchase info but that will get resolved as well.

May 10, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #16,371 of 24,683
I think there may be a misunderstanding and forgive me if I misinterpret your comment. I believe he's saying and tend to agree somewhat that we should look at their business model like it's just a big KS campaign, meaning you fund and hope to get something in return and expect delays. I agree that some things look that way but others are fulfilled immediately as they are in stock. My only qualm with thinking that way is they use their own storefront so maybe they should use KS for all new models and only on their web store for in stock items? Either way we all wait, expect news and sometimes positives come out of it.
I have my Masters now, I burned them in 4 days solid and begin listening last night, for the amount I paid as an upgrade in December they are fantastic, punch in along side things in the 200 to 400 range, expansive sound stage, very realistic image, no sibilance I have heard yet and plenty of bass. I've listened for about 3 hours intently, all rock. Will listen tonight some more with other genre's acoustic and vocal presentations to get an idea of an all round performance.I am satisfied with the value they represent but still a bit unwelcoming of the delays, misinformation and lack of items included from their standard package vs what was on the initial purchase info but that will get resolved as well.

Which filter/tips are used?
Thanks,

May 10, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #16,372 of 24,683
I interpreted that post to mean a similar thing; their entire business model works like a KS campaign, not that the orders are actually on a KS campaign.

But there's no way they'd switch everything over to KS. They'd have to deal with the fees and stuff which cuts into their likely already-slim margins. I'm not sure how they necessarily choose which items should be on the KS platform or not, though I supposed part of it was due to the higher visibility and an intent to wrangle in new users. The Air made sense as an IEM for the KS platform because it was/is the first fully wireless tuneable IEM using a filter system. I could even rationalize the PM6 being on there, as at the KS price, it's in the mid-tier sweet spot that people would be more open to trying and because the PM6 wasn't going to be a limited run model when it was conceived (it's now limited to 1000 units per year like the Hunter). The Hunter is slated as a more enthusiast-tier product and it just wouldn't be worth the fees to have that on the KS platform. But as to why supposedly more consumer/budget-friendly models like the original Vyrus, the Atlas-Delta, and the Icarus series didn't get picked for KS-enabled model awareness, I don't have even a bit of a clue about that. It actually would have made plenty of sense to me to see the original Vyrus as a KS campaign as well as the Icarus III. I can excuse the Atlas-Delta because it's an iteration of the well-established previous-gen Delta series which wouldn't benefit as much from further KS awareness.

May 10, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #16,373 of 24,683
Oh well.

I finally got a response from Trinity after 3 months and a half, and they did decline my order cancellation request.
Obviously they didn't gave me any delivery date for my PM6.
They are total trash.

May 10, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #16,374 of 24,683
Well they should be very clear upfront that that is the model, because in that case several people would limit their risk. Instead they present themselves as an established small company full of passion (even if since they use the word junkies, I am not sure) and even on KS they indicated the master6 were close to production while the AIR not. The truth is something else.

May 10, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #16,376 of 24,683
Well they should be very clear upfront that that is the model, because in that case several people would limit their risk. Instead they present themselves as an established small company full of passion (even if since they use the word junkies, I am not sure) and even on KS they indicated the master6 were close to production while the AIR not. The truth is something else.
To be fair to them (and I'm 100% sure this is the answer they'd give if they came back here to reply), they basically say that's their model on every IEM website page. Anything not released basically has the disclaimer of being a product subject to changes and that the shipping date displayed is only an estimate, implying potential delays and design changes. So they're actually covered in that sense and while they don't explicitly say it in as many words, all those elements imply such a model.

Of course, the reporting of progress is an entirely different matter; they dropped the ball on that one. Down some sort of cliff, chasm, or deep ravine if these past 3 months have been any indication. Can't really prove much misrepresentation of product yet (because we have no products in hand), but misrepresentation of product development/production status is definitely here in spades.

Here's to hoping they end that streak soon. I'd like to see them back to how they were a year ago: full of promise with exciting products on the horizon. And those honest updates; didn't matter if it was good news or bad news, but full transparency to the customers. This is what Trinity used to do better than most others. I want to see that Trinity Audio Engineering come back.

May 10, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #16,377 of 24,683
Yes. What I meant is that there is growing sense of uncertainty and if something gets deliver I hope it will be good for those who ordered. Most customers, me included want to know when l will be getting my products and the technical specs. If they can't provide it and everything is "subject to change" including the delivery date then I'm out.
There are too many good products out there that I can go ahead with including a stress-free shopping experience.

May 10, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #16,379 of 24,683
Which filter/tips are used?
Thanks,
So far Std Red filter and Spiral Dot ML tips, going to try Blue tonight same tips. I prefer Spiral Dots to most other tips I have.

Yes. What I meant is that there is growing sense of uncertainty and if something gets deliver I hope it will be good for those who ordered. Most customers, me included want to know when l will be getting my products and the technical specs. If they can't provide it and everything is "subject to change" including the delivery date then I'm out.
There are too many good products out there that I can go ahead with including a stress-free shopping experience.

As an owner of 3 of their IEMS I have to agree with this going forward. IMO they have the best value in a price to performance model but so much stuff is close and available without the indecision and change that I may have bought my last one and besides I have too many IEM's and Earbuds. I need to focus on my on ear options as that is limited.

Last edited:
May 10, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #16,380 of 24,683
To be fair to them (and I'm 100% sure this is the answer they'd give if they came back here to reply), they basically say that's their model on every IEM website page. Anything not released basically has the disclaimer of being a product subject to changes and that the shipping date displayed is only an estimate, implying potential delays and design changes. So they're actually covered in that sense and while they don't explicitly say it in as many words, all those elements imply such a model.

Of course, the reporting of progress is an entirely different matter; they dropped the ball on that one. Down some sort of cliff, chasm, or deep ravine if these past 3 months have been any indication. Can't really prove much misrepresentation of product yet (because we have no products in hand), but misrepresentation of product development/production status is definitely here in spades.

Here's to hoping they end that streak soon. I'd like to see them back to how they were a year ago: full of promise with exciting products on the horizon. And those honest updates; didn't matter if it was good news or bad news, but full transparency to the customers. This is what Trinity used to do better than most others. I want to see that Trinity Audio Engineering come back.

Yes and no. What they write is standard and even in my company the lawyers told us to put it as it is better then nothing (but not necessarily enough). If their model was a kickstarter like, it means that a pre-order for X might result in Y or even nothing. With those statement they can justify some change or delay. They cannot hide behind it if they make shipment statement as they did. Furthermore, if they truly want to enforce it, they need to accept a full refund policy (laws goes two ways in allowing protection).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back