TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 29, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #15,931 of 24,683
Hi guys, just ordered the Master in addition to my pending PM6. As I've read that the preoder PM6s still have standard 2-pin connection I wanted to ask if the Master has the proprietary connection or also the standard 2-pin connection. Is there a cable with mic available for the Master?
There's no detatchable cable with the masters besides the bottom portion of the y split.

Apr 29, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #15,932 of 24,683
Hi guys, just ordered the Master in addition to my pending PM6. As I've read that the preoder PM6s still have standard 2-pin connection I wanted to ask if the Master has the proprietary connection or also the standard 2-pin connection. Is there a cable with mic available for the Master?
It's their new modular cable system.

Apr 29, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #15,934 of 24,683
I wonder if the Hunters will be good.

Good is a very broad term in this game. You can find $50 earphones that sound really good or you can spend $700 and even more for something that may or may not be as good as you may think.
It boils down to what you you're looking for and what else can be purchased in that price range.
Only an A/B compassion will help you determined if they are good.

Apr 29, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #15,937 of 24,683
Good is a very broad term in this game. You can find $50 earphones that sound really good or you can spend $700 and even more for something that may or may not be as good as you may think.
It boils down to what you you're looking for and what else can be purchased in that price range.
Only an A/B compassion will help you determined if they are good.
Yeah. That's the difficult thing. I can never actually try out stuff in shop myself, because there's no way for me to do that except to go to a head fi meet or something. I usually end up just researching reviews for headphones like mad before I buy them. The thing is, I really like trinity audio. I was blown away at just how much better the trinity atlas was than all of it's competition at this price range, in terms of build quality and how good it sounds compared to other earphones in this price range (yes I know I've said this a million times now).

So I was basically thinking, I really want an end game pair of earphones, because I've been switching from lugging around headphones with me everywhere I go to having something I can stick in my pocket. The only thing is, I'm banking on these things being good, and I know that's risky. I haven't really been edging towards a cancellation email. I mean, technically audio sanctuary is letting me hold onto my money until they contact me that they will have the headphones in. So, technically if I were going to be disruptive I could just cancel it, but that's not necessarily something I want to do.

That's the funny thing about audio quality though. Sometimes you really do get better sound quality the more expensive it gets, but you never know. Like i compare my sennheiser HD650s with my HD558s. The sound sounds so much richer, the 558 doesn't sound bad, but it noticeably lacks the refinement of the 650. So, I'm guessing there will be "improvements" in the sound over the trinity atlas, considering what trinity can do even at a low price range. I can just imagine how good the Hunters will sound.

The only thing that bothers me, is that someone pointed out that ultra high end IEMs like campfire audio don't have multiple tuners, because they're tuned so well from the start. I mean, that might seem like somewhat of a gimmick, but then again i really couldn't know. I'd like to think that the hunters would be as good as campfire audio, because otherwise I suppose I'd try to find a good deal one one of their cheaper models, or maybe even a cheaper noble audio, or custom art. I know that custom art is supposed to make some really good budget stuff for a pretty decent price. I've never done custom IEMs either, they look cool.

Apr 29, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #15,938 of 24,683
"Endgame" is, of course, different for everyone but it's really determined by understanding what you're looking for and then having that. It might take you a while to know what that is for you but it's all a part of enjoying the music. I know a guy who installs custom hi-fi systems and he tells me about clients who pay well over $100,000 to have THE BEST stereo installed in their homes and then they come back a few months later and start from the beginning again because the finally realized that what they bought is not the type of sound or experience that they were looking for. It doesn't' have to be a super high end component to be one that makes the music you like sound the best to you. The Trinity tuners are nice because it gives you the ability to try lots of things and come to better understanding of what you like and what you don't. Tastes change but usually only through new experiences.

Apr 29, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #15,939 of 24,683
I don't think there is an endgame set of IEMs really. If you need a set of earphones that you will take with you everywhere you go then make sure it's durable and comfortable. One good think with customs is that in most cases they can be repaired.
Personally l think it's nice that you can tune the sound but it's not a selling point for me.
I prefer balanced and neutral sound but that's a personal preference. I doubt you will take your filters on the go.
The lack of reviews and first impressions sure doesn't help and no one can really tell you how they sound.
Also, over the years l had spent as high as $600 on pair of earphones with multiple drivers but currently using a set of $300 that l consider superior. If l had to live with only one set that would be the one.
Number or drivers and price tags can be very misleading.

Apr 30, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #15,940 of 24,683
This was in response to @VocaloidDude but i can't seem to figure out how to quote on the new boards (amongst other things).

Maybe they will be end game for you. I have been on quite the audio journey. I am confident my journey has ended with the Periodic Be's. Sure, they may not be the best headphone out there. Coming from the Shockwave 3s i miss that expansive sound stage but the Periodics are just too amazing. The extra details with the Andromeda/vega/ whatever campfire has are definitely a step up but at this point the "step-up" is not that great of a leap for me to spend another 500-800 to get such sound.

I do have a pair of PM6s coming and i do not expect them to be better but different and i am ok with that.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 1:00 AM Post #15,941 of 24,683
Indeed, as @Darkestred says we all have our budget choices and our own sound signature choices.
I was perfectly happy for many years with my Vsonic and a bit less so with my Klipsch, and only when my Vsonic started to die did I go out and try dozens of different sets to get my sound signature choice settled within my own price constraints. I listened to $1000 pairs and $10 sets and found a very happy medium in $2-300 Sony hybrids which suit my tastes perfectly. I listen to all sorts of music, and prefer something that isn't completely neutral but which has deep bass and extended treble. It took lots of listening and lots of time, but I'm pretty fussy and am not a "collector" - I prefer listening to music than to headphones. :wink:
Frankly I have no need for the Icarus, but having heard what Trinity can do with a budget model, and that the sound signature pretty much suits my tastes, I am quite intrigued to hear what they can do with a higher end model. I couldn't bring myself to buy anything quite as expensive as the PM6 or Hunter "blind" even though I am sure that they will be good - purely because I won't risk that much money without hearing first, never have and never will. Even reviews won't do it, I've read good reviews of things that I subsequently heard and really didn't like..at all in some cases. Completely put me off ever using someone else's opinion and preferences to buy something as subjective as audio equipment. If the reviewer has tastes than align with mine, I'll go give it a listen, but never buy blind when serious (for me) money is at stake. Whether it's IEMs DAPs or anything else. Been burned, learned the hard way.
I wish that Trinity did what PeriodicAudio did, honestly, and provided Freq graphs, waterfall charts and detailed specs that at least give an indication of the sound signature for those who can interpret them. As others have noted, price and driver count mean very little, they may be stunning to some, but not perform even close to what suits you, and the only way to know is to hear. The *only* way.
The direct selling model has plenty of flaws, some are mitigated by good return policies and obviously good "discounts" help in pushing people to buy - I am as guilty as anyone in being tempted by a nice price - and personally I don't much like the model that Trinity use, but that should be a separate rant if I choose to make one :wink:, but their intentions seem good, their products have promise, and even though this has been the rockiest of roads, I look forward to hearing what owners say about the high end models.. there's big anticipation, and high hopes to fill.
And I'm looking forward to hearing the Icarus, plenty of time and development has gone into the product, and for the initial price they are worth the gamble.. for me.

Apr 30, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #15,942 of 24,683
Just took a week long break (I think?) from head-fi because I hated the new web design. Pretty disappointed to see 0 head-fier receiving the PM6, but no surprise. I don't think ill be checking head-fi as much as I did before, (Literally spent hours reading through all the comments before the change of the website) and might as well forget about the earphones until I receive them... It is soo disappointing considering that they were set to ship "next week" which has gone or will end in 2 days. How many deadlines could they miss anyways? Jake told me they will ship mine as soon as possible three weeks ago, since I was going on a month long trip, but here I am left with nothing, not even the airs. woohoo

Apr 30, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #15,945 of 24,683
Anyone in Singapore received the master yet? Not to rant but needed some positive feedbacks to keep the faith up.

I have had them for the last 3 days. I can assure you it will be worth the wait. One of the best earphones I have heard this year. I kid you not. I am very certain once everyone gets their earphones they will quickly forget the wait times for the Masters. I was on the verge of cancelling my Hunters but now I look forward to them as the Masters are so damn good.

They do need burn in as the bass comes a bit loose sounding out of the box. What I am hearing from them now. Smooth detailed full bodied musical sound. Sound seems to project from outside the shell it is a very addicting dimensional sound. I was listening to high res John Meyer last night and it sounds as good as anything I own using the Masters.

Believe me fellas your long wait times will be finally rewarded with one of the best earphones you will listen to this year. They are not just good. They are amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back