TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 22, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #15,301 of 24,683
Been listening to the Masters for the last couple of days and I am impressed with the build and sound quality, given the discounted price. The accessories are certainly on another level to other companies I have bought from. Solid build quality. Much better cable which, on the PM4, had a tendency of getting tangled too easily. They still don't compete with my Dunu 2000Js which has better detail retrieval. To me the Masters can sound a little, how shall I put it, reserved in the mids but this could be because I am so used to the Dunus clinical sound signature. Mayber not used to a slightly warmer sound. Giving the Masters a little bit more juice through  an amp certainly helps. Currently playing the Masters through my LG G5 B&O module using a IBasso D-Zero Mk2 to amp them using the red filters that were already fitted to the earphones on arrival. Not a clue how the majority of the other filters effect the sound. It will be good once they have a chart showing which filter does what to the sound.  I think coming with the Kombis is a bonus. The PM4s came with added Spinfits but I prefer the Kombis any day although I have recently purchased Spiral Dots which I prefer even more. Although we have all suffered with delays I think Trinity have produced a good product that for the £60 I paid is certainly value for money and for me personally is a more enjoyable listening experience than my Noble 4s that cost significantly more when I purchased them a few years back.

Apr 22, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #15,302 of 24,683
Been listening to the Masters for the last couple of days and I am impressed with the build and sound quality, given the discounted price. The accessories are certainly on another level to other companies I have bought from. Solid build quality. Much better cable which, on the PM4, had a tendency of getting tangled too easily. They still don't compete with my Dunu 2000Js which has better detail retrieval. To me the Masters can sound a little, how shall I put it, reserved in the mids but this could be because I am so used to the Dunus clinical sound signature. Mayber not used to a slightly warmer sound. Giving the Masters a little bit more juice through  an amp certainly helps. Currently playing the Masters through my LG G5 B&O module using a IBasso D-Zero Mk2 to amp them using the red filters that were already fitted to the earphones on arrival. Not a clue how the majority of the other filters effect the sound. It will be good once they have a chart showing which filter does what to the sound.  I think coming with the Kombis is a bonus. The PM4s came with added Spinfits but I prefer the Kombis any day although I have recently purchased Spiral Dots which I prefer even more. Although we have all suffered with delays I think Trinity have produced a good product that for the £60 I paid is certainly value for money and for me personally is a more enjoyable listening experience than my Noble 4s that cost significantly more when I purchased them a few years back.

For me there better than the dunu which i find too clinical and bright/sibilant at times, but in fairness i am treble sensitive and use the damped gold filter on the master,
Think we also get used to a sound sig and we all have our preferences :grinning:
No denying whatever your preference these are fantastic iems.

Apr 22, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #15,303 of 24,683
Just talked to audio sanctuary over the phone for something unrelated, and they informed me that they just got some phantom hunters in, so they could be having them sent out for shipment as soon as monday 
eek.gif

Apr 22, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #15,308 of 24,683
Using Masters right now out of Sony zx100. Impressions...

Great sound, I'm really impressed and enjoy them more than the ue900 I got recently. They are a lot better that master 4 IMHO.
Expansive accessory pack and a couple of sets of hybrid tips too.
I like the new cable system. Feels sturdy and more secure than the master 4 2 pin.
Very comfortable new shape. I found the master 4 hurt my ears after a bit, these just sit there and don't cause discomfort.

Seem to like power, not great from my phone.
The split point between the wire from the ear pieces and the extension Cable is a bit bulky
The carbon fibre faceplates had a rougher edge than the red and blue, they rubbed my ear a bit so I swapped them out for red and blue.

Apr 22, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #15,309 of 24,683
Anyone knows what's the discount code to use for getting the lizt balanced cable at £65?

Well, if you have something on preorder (PM6, Hunter, etc) you can use code which you should get in one of updates emails.
Anyway, if I want order standard cable for PM6 I should get this? :
4 Wire single crystal Silver plated OFC Cable SILVER PLATED OFC 2 PIN TRS 3.5mm

Apr 22, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #15,310 of 24,683
That deal is long gone. The best you can get now is the standard 20% off for headfi users.
I see!
Still thinking should I get one as it can be shipped together with my pm6 to save shipping fees.
I have a balanced cable(mmcx though), which sq of my gear improves in all department compared with single end.
Different connector requires different cable, and some more money to spend, sigh!

Apr 22, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #15,311 of 24,683

They are pretty amazing sounding. I'm using Spinfits on mine since they're the only ones that give me a seal. Pity they didn't come with them. The bass is just amazing now I have a really good seal. I'm getting enormous levels with the red barrel and my original fears of the Master sounding clinical have totally gone. They don't seem that clinical to me and if the red barrel that they come fitted with is neutral, my feeling is that Bob is a secret lemonade drinker...... a basshead in disguise!!!!

They are excellent sounding and if I'm honest, I'm really chuffed with its sound so maybe the wait and tweaking that was going on was actually worth it. All I can say is well done Trinity. They are really smashing iem sound with their current line up.

I have the Hyperion, Vyrus, Vyrus 2, Sabre and the Master. Every one of them is excellent. The early connection problems have been eliminated with the Master so that build is also brilliant.

I feel a bit guilty for being angry now!!!

(In the U.K., there used to be adverts about a secret lemonade drinker getting up in the middle of the night and opening a bottle!!!) :wink:

Apr 22, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #15,312 of 24,683
  Ah, I'm in a dilemma guys!

I'm thinking about cancelling my Master order and going with a PM6. IS the additional ~$150 worth the difference?

Somebody guide me through! I've never had a Trinity headphone before.

P.s. I have Air's for my travelling duties.

Interestingly, I've been having thoughts in the opposite direction!
I've pre-ordered PM6, and eventually chose not to order the Master or Icarus, but now wondering whether I should have.

Someone (apologies, can't remember who) wrote an excellent post earlier today about the differences between the forthcoming Hunter and PM6.
The thing that gives me pause for thought is that I own the PM4, and I am treble-sensitive.
Disclaimer: I have said I'm treble sensitive. I know others aren't and fully appreciate that. All my comments below are addressing my own individual concerns rather than saying how the IEM's should be designed for everyone else
tongue_smile.gif

I found the PM4 to be a bit 'hot' for me in the treble (especially with certain undamped filters).

Having said that, I have just published my first ever review here on Head-Fi last night for the Aune M1S DAP (at present, there's a link to it on the right hand side of this page, viewing this page from my laptop). In it, I used the PM4 and a demo version of the Hunter, as well as the Noble Katana as the IEM's to test the DAP with.

The PM4, once thoroughly burned in, and after experimenting with various filters and tips is a slightly flawed, but still jaw-droppingly good product.
The levels of detail I was hearing (good DAP, 16 or 24 bit FLAC files of various genres, IEM's above) were astonishing and pretty much matching that of the Noble wizard Katana which costs around 12 times the price of the PM4.

I had a few quality control issues with the PM4 too (all handled swiftly and excellently by Bob and Jake), such as a loose connection in the right earpiece.
I've been wondering greatly how the Master would be, given that it seems it was pretty much designed in response to the issues and user feedback from the PM4.

Conversely, the PM6 was already designed and the sound signature already chosen before the Master was released.
Now, as the other poster mentioned, there were still evolutions to the PM6 design/sound, but I don't know how they affected the sound signature and any issues that it might have had in common with the PM4 (hot treble, occasional issues with coherence etc)?

I'm very much a 'Layman' when it comes to the science of IEM's, but it seems to me there's two main ways of altering the sound signature (e.g. to tone down the treble a bit):
1) the tuning of the IEM itself, in terms of the drivers
2) the use of added tuning filters (the excellent Trinity filter system).

With the Master, it seems like they did more of number 1 and a bit of number 2.
What I'm wondering is whether it has been done the other way around for the PM6.

Anyway, I'm just hoping it's going to be awesome, and trusting in the process
regular_smile .gif

Apr 22, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #15,313 of 24,683
So when did trinity audio officially sell out of the hunters on their website? I must have been pretty lucky to find them on audio sanctuary considering they're limited to 1000 hand numbered copies. 

Apr 22, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #15,314 of 24,683
Received my Vyrus V2 3 days ago and I am loving them! Quick question tho, does anyone know what the green or blue filters do the booklet does not state what they are for. If someone has a up to date list of which filters does what I would appreciate if they can post it here :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back