TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 22, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #15,316 of 24,683
There were still 2 pairs of gunmetal hunters available on the trinity website at 15:00 today if anyone is still trying to get a pair! Sadly my wallet has been emptied on other bills at the moment :cry:

Apr 22, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #15,320 of 24,683
  I've decided to join to hord of the PM6 pending orders... along with an Icarus I.

And so my watch begins !

haha
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the team.  I have a few slight misgivings, but honestly I can't wait to hear them, and it should finally happen within the next two weeks I believe
regular_smile .gif

Apr 22, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #15,321 of 24,683
Received my Vyrus V2 3 days ago and I am loving them! Quick question tho, does anyone know what the green or blue filters do the booklet does not state what they are for. If someone has a up to date list of which filters does what I would appreciate if they can post it here :D

This is taken from the other thread: Blue and Green are damped versions of the original gold and purple filters. So they smooth the treble, lift the mids, and reign in the bass. Someone apparently asked Bob about these and this was his answer.

Apr 22, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #15,322 of 24,683
This is taken from the other thread: Blue and Green are damped versions of the original gold and purple filters. So they smooth the treble, lift the mids, and reign in the bass. Someone apparently asked Bob about these and this was his answer.

Somebody else made the valid point in response that the gold and purple filters were already available in damped, so what's the difference between them and these?

I would guess that the answer is that the new filters were partly designed with a treble-taming function in mind (for those that wish for such things) in response to feedback concerning the PM4 when producing the Master.

So my guess would be that these filters tame the treble more than the previous damped filters, possible with less loss of detail?
I found the treble a bit sharp on the PM4 occasionally, but found I sacrificed a bit of detail and clarity when using the damped filters.
So perhaps these new ones solve both problems?
Here's hoping
beerchug.gif

Apr 22, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #15,323 of 24,683
Somebody else made the valid point in response that the gold and purple filters were already available in damped, so what's the difference between them and these?

I would guess that the answer is that the new filters were partly designed with a treble-taming function in mind (for those that wish for such things) in response to feedback concerning the PM4 when producing the Master.

So my guess would be that these filters tame the treble more than the previous damped filters, possible with less loss of detail?
I found the treble a bit sharp on the PM4 occasionally, but found I sacrificed a bit of detail and clarity when using the damped filters.
So perhaps these new ones solve both problems?
Here's hoping :beerchug:

Thanks for relaying the other info! I seem to have missed it. I broke down and opened the Vyrus-2 received yesterday and have been listening to them. I find it amazing how superior sounding they are to my Atlas, which I was perfectly fine with. Looks like I will be getting the Master for the relatives instead, but that just has to do with a specific idiosychrasy.

Apr 22, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #15,324 of 24,683
The only thing I find disturbing is the switch to proprietary cables. I have broken every cable that came with my sennheiser momentums (about 4 cables so far. the two that came with it and a fabric cable. Now I use this thin red cable, my fifth I believe because the other red cable had a part that became separated) which is about as many as these iems come with. I do wonder whether or not there's any brands out there that sell those types of cables. It annoys me that they don't just release these with common cables, but whatever. 

These sennheiser cables look similar, but I think that one side of the connector is curved while the other is flat.
41CcA2IPJ2L.jpg

The reviews for these sennheiser cables are horrible on amazon too. There's nothing but reviews saying they break after a few months.

Apr 22, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #15,325 of 24,683
  The only thing I find disturbing is the switch to proprietary cables. I have broken every cable that came with my sennheiser momentums (about 4 cables so far. the two that came with it and a fabric cable. Now I use this thin red cable, my fifth I believe because the other red cable had a part that became separated) which is about as many as these iems come with. I do wonder whether or not there's any brands out there that sell those types of cables. It annoys me that they don't just release these with common cables, but whatever. 

These sennheiser cables look similar, but I think that one side of the connector is curved while the other is flat.
41CcA2IPJ2L.jpg

The reviews for these sennheiser cables are horrible on amazon too. There's nothing but reviews saying they break after a few months.

If you ordered the Hunters the cable system comes with a 5 year warranty.

Apr 22, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #15,326 of 24,683
  If you ordered the Hunters the cable system comes with a 5 year warranty.

That's good to know. I still hope that I can get a replacement cable for it for less than 20 dollars. Because what if it's 20 years down the line and I still have these things? Trinity audio might not even be around at that point, let alone the cables. The replacement cables for my sennheiser HD650s are a pain in the ass too. I've replaced the cables for my pair twice so far (maybe 3 times, but I think twice, I can't remember). The sennheiser IE80 cable looks very similar. I'll have to ask people whether or not those fit when everyone's come in. 

I really don't like it when companies make proprietary devices. It's really a dick move on the part of a company. It's nothing but a money grab and an inconvenience to the customer. To be honest, I don't want to get all philosophical and idealistic, as this is not the place, but it would be nicer if the world was more communal and not so competitive and cut throat. 

I wish they could have just done what they did with their trinity atlas. Those have good, non proprietary cables and I'm not concerned about when the (somewhat flimsy) braided cable on it finally breaks, because they make shure cables just like them. Apparently trinity decided against it though.

Apr 22, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #15,328 of 24,683
That's good to know. I still hope that I can get a replacement cable for it for less than 20 dollars. Because what if it's 20 years down the line and I still have these things? Trinity audio might not even be around at that point, let alone the cables. The replacement cables for my sennheiser HD650s are a pain in the ass too. I've replaced the cables for my pair twice so far (maybe 3 times, but I think twice, I can't remember). The sennheiser IE80 cable looks very similar. I'll have to ask people whether or not those fit when everyone's come in. 

I really don't like it when companies make proprietary devices. It's really a dick move on the part of a company. It's nothing but a money grab and an inconvenience to the customer. To be honest, I don't want to get all philosophical and idealistic, as this is not the place, but it would be nicer if the world was more communal and not so competitive and cut throat. 

I wish they could have just done what they did with their trinity atlas. Those have good, non proprietary cables and I'm not concerned about when the (somewhat flimsy) braided cable on it finally breaks, because they make shure cables just like them. Apparently trinity decided against it though.

Most CIEM cables SHOULD work with the PM6 and hunter... I can test mine with my BTG-audio cable once I get it. 20$ is wishful thinking though for a cable... And anyway, you're getting 2 litz, 1 standard braid cable... If you go through those within 5 years, I'm impressed.

Apr 22, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #15,329 of 24,683

You know the hunter and PM6 pre-orders come with standard 2-pin cables yeah? NOT proprietary trinity cables.

All other newer models come with a modular cable system which is replaceable below the Y with a not so common but fairly obtainable 3.5mm to 3.5mm (or whatever plug you want) extension.

Apr 22, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #15,330 of 24,683
You know the hunter and PM6 pre-orders come with standard 2-pin cables yeah? NOT proprietary trinity cables.

All other newer models come with a modular cable system which is replaceable below the Y with a not so common but fairly obtainable 3.5mm to 3.5mm (or whatever plug you want) extension.

That's... okay. I thought I saw them on their facebook answer someone saying that they come with proprietary cables. Maybe I was seeing them talk about the master 4. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back