TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 17, 2017 at 5:46 AM Post #14,582 of 24,683
​I doubt they will have problem selling all the products, when they are finished and ready to be shipped to customers. Trinity makes great earphones. But they can have problem selling their products in pre-orders in the future, because many of current customers wouldn't want to go through all this mess again.

So far, it seemed to me, that nearly all the products were sold-out before even they were made. But now I can see, that Trinity tries to sell more Icarus III, they still offer "crazy discounts" but people hesitate to buy them. I don't doubt Icarus III will be great sounding IEM. But it seems to me, that it doesn't sell that well compared to other Trinity products after all of this pre-order mess.

Which I think should be point, when Bob tries to change something in Trinity.

Why for example Trinity doesn't have some of their great IEM like Delta on stock, so that anyone can buy them without waiting 6 months? Everyone was happy with Delta, they were very successful IEM, but Trinity can't offer them to customers
confused.gif

I think the pre-order model will be changed after all these troubles. I just hope they will keep an option for people who are not in a hurry and are adventurous. In this option they should just make it clear from the start that the timeline might stretch quite much and give no promise.

Apr 17, 2017 at 5:48 AM Post #14,583 of 24,683

They've changed 2 times the shell material. In December, they decided to change from aluminium to stainless steel but, finally, they'll use zinc alloy.

I think they also changed the dynamic drivers to new ones after PM4 (in fact I think they changed these new drivers to all the models)..

Yes, you're right, but the use of dual coil DD, in place of the titanium model, was set in December:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/828234/trinity-audio-engineering-what-the-future-holds#post_13068835

Apr 17, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #14,584 of 24,683
Could one of you three funny Brits drive over to Trinity this morning and tell us what is going on?

I kept asking myself the same question over and over ,again and again past 5/6 weeks but no volunteer yet........and iirc theres a local guy whos just miles away and also got some proto samples before but never heard any update from him too.

Apr 17, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #14,585 of 24,683
I kept asking myself the same question over and over ,again and again past 5/6 weeks but no volunteer yet........and iirc theres a local guy whos just miles away and also got some proto samples before but never heard any update from him too.

If you only keep asking yourself, over and over again, how do you expect to get any volunteers? Maybe you need to ask out loud?

Apr 17, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #14,586 of 24,683

Yes, you're right, but the use of dual coil DD, in place of the titanium model, was set in December:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/828234/trinity-audio-engineering-what-the-future-holds#post_13068835

That is quite drastic change so close to time, when these were supposed be delivered. I assume these new drivers were developed for Sagaris line, but as they were better than the original ones in Phantom line, Bob could not hold himself and used them also in Phantoms.

Completely understandable from engineering point of view (to make the best possible product), but quite risky as such changes usually create delays.

Apr 17, 2017 at 8:21 AM Post #14,587 of 24,683
If you only keep asking yourself, over and over again, how do you expect to get any volunteers? Maybe you need to ask out loud?

Well, they shd be on their own will, not by someone's wish.....and if they are ok waiting for months to receive their order than visiting trinity, whats there to expect? ?so better wait and watch reaching this thread hitting 1000 page mark and the master of master will pitch in with some updates (from his hideout :wink: ) & importantly dont want to miss the "replies" from the guards of this fort knox either,when some voice about the " current status update" (yeah just abt that ) for themselves & rest of thous!

Apr 17, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #14,588 of 24,683

That is quite drastic change so close to time, when these were supposed be delivered. I assume these new drivers were developed for Sagaris line, but as they were better than the original ones in Phantom line, Bob could not hold himself and used them also in Phantoms.

Completely understandable from engineering point of view (to make the best possible product), but quite risky as such changes usually create delays.

Now, there are two different dual coil dd: the 7mm used in Hunter, PM6, Master and (possibly, it's not clear in the description, that only says "2nd generation dd") Atlas-Delta, and the 11mm used in Icarus III. The 7mm has been in Hunter from the beginning, while PM4 uses the single coil titanium model, the same that was originally intended for PM6.

Apr 17, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #14,589 of 24,683

Now, there are two different dual coil dd: the 7mm used in Hunter, PM6, Master and (possibly, it's not clear in the description, that only says "2nd generation dd") Atlas-Delta, and the 11mm used in Icarus III. The 7mm has been in Hunter from the beginning, while PM4 uses the single coil titanium model, the same that was originally intended for PM6.

OK, I see..I constantly have trouble to keep up which driver is in which IEM..

Apr 17, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #14,590 of 24,683

Could one of you three funny Brits drive over to Trinity this morning and tell us what is going on?

It'll be closed today. It's a Bank Holiday. People will be eating their Easter Eggs. For those waiting for their PM4s I expect that you'll be pleased with what you get for the discounted price

Apr 17, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #14,592 of 24,683
  Boy it would just really suck for all the people that cancelled on Wednesday and Thursday (because they were apparently closed on Friday). If that happened, they woulda been this close to getting their items. But I'm pretty doubtful anyway. I don't expect to see any of my items delivered until next Friday at the very earliest, and that's assuming they deliver even sorta on their most recent stated timeline (which doesn't look good for them so far if they aren't working Monday either).

They've been real busy with that self-sabotage the past few months. Regarding your train example, they pretty much saw the tracks fall away in the middle of crossing a very wide and deep canyon and now we're just all seeing how far they fall into that canyon before they hit the bottom. No one ever wishes for a company like Trinity Audio to get so screwed over, but they've kinda been doing it to themselves. Hopefully they hit that bottom soon. Can't start the arduous climb back up to gaining customer trust until then.

They do have a chance to bring it back up, but like you say, it's arduous.  If they can succeed with the AD and/or the hunter like they did the previous delta's, they have a good start.

They just need to focus on getting these orders out.

Time management is not their forte.

I'm still optimistic about the sound and how they will turn out, but I'm just kind of flabbergasted and don't know what to think anymore about their situation and what is actually going on.

Apr 17, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #14,594 of 24,683
Soooooo? Anyone in the USA get their Phantom Hunter yet (still waiting)?  Hmmmmm? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back