TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 4, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #13,411 of 24,683
So high BPM music like Hardstyle/Hardcore (150/180BPM respectively) would be better suited with the Master, and acoustic and slower more atmospheric music would be better suited with the Icarus III?

No not at all as the Icarus you can tune to a lot more due to the driver setup and in my opinion suits all genres. The few outsiders that have heard it are blown away by how versatile this is.

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #13,412 of 24,683
No not at all as the Icarus you can tune to a lot more due to the driver setup and in my opinion suits all genres. The few outsiders that have heard it are blown away by how versatile this is.

Ahh well, if the Master can deliver the bass clean and with enough speed and intensity to bash my head in - sorry for the figure of speech - I will be very happy with them, plus if they make synths sound amazing, that'd be perfect. It's my first IEM with more than 2 drivers and first BA drivers, #hyped

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #13,414 of 24,683
Bobtrinity

Does it take long to check my order status? I've emailed Jake but his "slow" (I'm too impatient) replies are killing me. If it takes long, I'll wait for Jake but if it only takes a few min, I'd appreciate it.

After the recent update i posted Jake has been feilding many questions just like yours and has been a little swamped. I know he didn't manage to answer every email today so give him until tomorrow.

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #13,416 of 24,683
Ahh well, if the Master can deliver the bass clean and with enough speed and intensity to bash my head in - sorry for the figure of speech - I will be very happy with them, plus if they make synths sound amazing, that'd be perfect. It's my first IEM with more than 2 drivers and first BA drivers, #hyped

They won't bash you head in as they are not a bass head unit. But they will deliver with speed and precision and with an ideal seal you will get more than enough bass.

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #13,418 of 24,683
They won't bash you head in as they are not a bass head unit. But they will deliver with speed and precision and with an ideal seal you will get more than enough bass.

Well if they are at the same level of bass as the VYRUS (or more) that's all I need. At least for the songs I throw at the VYRUS, they sometimes make me feel someone is hammering on my eardrums (and boy do we enjoy that! Great IEMs the VYRUS) so if that is the case, they provide plenty of bass!

Apr 4, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #13,419 of 24,683
We did think about bringing master 6 and hunter but made no sense as no one can buy it now, so just the Icarus III, master and vyrus v2 on the stand.

OK, that's not too bad, we can compare between Master and Icarus III.

No PM6/Hunter at CanJam, not even demo? Are you scared one of us will rob you? 
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #13,421 of 24,683
The Airs don't have the wide bore filters
smily_headphones1.gif

Whoa, hold up there. Can we get a summary on the filter situation? If I recall, you said that all filters will be the same (as in the purple filter in the PM6 package = purple filter in Hunter package), but what about the filter sizes? As in what models do filters fit on? This statement of yours makes it sound like the Air has different sized filters than other IEMs. And if so, are we talking bore diameter, threads, both? What this statement sounds like is that Air filters won't fit on anything else and vice versa.

Essentially, what I'd like to know is what filters fit where? If I order a Hunter and Air, will filters fit on both of them or will Air filters only fit on Airs and Hunter filters only fit on Hunters?

OK, that's not too bad, we can compare between Master and Icarus III.

No PM6/Hunter at CanJam, not even demo? Are you scared one of us will rob you? 
biggrin.gif

No, he's SURE someone's gonna nick'em
tongue.gif

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #13,422 of 24,683
  Whoa, hold up there. Can we get a summary on the filter situation? If I recall, you said that all filters will be the same (as in the purple filter in the PM6 package = purple filter in Hunter package), but what about the filter sizes? As in what models do filters fit on? This statement of yours makes it sound like the Air has different sized filters than other IEMs. And if so, are we talking bore diameter, threads, both? What this statement sounds like is that Air filters won't fit on anything else and vice versa.

Essentially, what I'd like to know is what filters fit where? If I order a Hunter and Air, will filters fit on both of them or will Air filters only fit on Airs and Hunter filters only fit on Hunters?

No, he's SURE someone's gonna nick'em
tongue.gif

pretty sure all phantom and sagaris models are using the exact same filter across the ranges with the exception of the AIR which is on its own for filters and won't be interchangeable with any of the other current models.

Apr 4, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #13,425 of 24,683
  pretty sure all phantom and sagaris models are using the exact same filter across the ranges with the exception of the AIR which is on its own for filters and won't be interchangeable with any of the other current models.

That was my confusion and if your comment is accurate, then that's cleared up (though a full list would be great, for example, we assume the AD uses the same filter too and it's not in those 2 main series). But the thing to note even in your own comment is that you say the "Phantom and Sagaris" models use the same filters. The Air IS a Phantom model, it's officially the Phantom Air. So a definition of what can go with was clearly set out by @Bobtrinity would be best, as both you and I can only be so accurate with speculation
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back