TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Feb 7, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #10,531 of 24,683
Well, I figured out and is not the driver but the connector on the left earpiece. Basically if I DON'T push the cable all the way in I will get sound. Sadly, the only way to use the Sabre is if I don't move. There is a sweet spot that I have to hit for the sound to come in. Obviously the issue is with the female connector of the piece (driver) itself, not the cable, so I have to replace the piece regardless. I can't walk at all with them, the sound becomes intermittent and eventually dies.

Feb 7, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #10,532 of 24,683
Im listening to my pm4 with gold filters to bands such as the killers, kings of leon right now etc.

Now I fully expect the IEM im about to mention to be in a different league on cost alone, never mind their reputation but... does anyone here have any experience with both PM4 and CA Andromeda? How does the Andromeda sound compared to the PM4 with either gold or silver filters? Both undampened.

Cheers

Feb 7, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #10,533 of 24,683
Well, I tried my Sabres with the mic cable plugged into my iPad in a restaurant to see how that worked. Problem is that the left ear didn't work at all. I *think* it's the 3.5mm connector since jiggling it was like pushing various buttons. I'll have to play with it more to see and then figure out whether to pass yet-another issue on to Jake. (Not saying it IS a failure yet, but... not great experiences with my first Trinity product in-hand and I'm even more unsure about trying the Master)

Also... the corner 3.5mm jack adapter -- is only 3 pin, so couldn't use it with the mic cable because it doesn't pass on the mic and controls.

My Airs are still "coming" as are the Atlas Deltas... but maybe a Shure SE215 is a better choice since I have hear it does very good isolation and doesn't sound horrible. I was REALLY hoping for a huge up-tick in quality without losing features.

Sigh... so far...

Feb 7, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #10,534 of 24,683
Oh. When the Sabre didn't work on my iPad I plugged in my Klipsch X7i (with a "regular, not rounded, ear tip". Worked like a champ and had great isolation compared to the Sabre even with a 3 flange. Seems that the Klipsch ear piece is small enough to actually allow the ear tip to get into my canal whereas the Sabre body is so large that it seems to be keeping the eartip from really getting into my canal.

If THAT'S the case, might the Airs or Atlas Deltas or Master body be shapped differently enough to allow the ear tip to get into my canal for a secure fit?

Feb 7, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #10,535 of 24,683
Oh. When the Sabre didn't work on my iPad I plugged in my Klipsch X7i (with a "regular, not rounded, ear tip". Worked like a champ and had great isolation compared to the Sabre even with a 3 flange. Seems that the Klipsch ear piece is small enough to actually allow the ear tip to get into my canal whereas the Sabre body is so large that it seems to be keeping the eartip from really getting into my canal.

If THAT'S the case, might the Airs or Atlas Deltas or Master body be shapped differently enough to allow the ear tip to get into my canal for a secure fit?
have you tried inserting the tip then pulling up/down on your ear? I find that lets the tips get in further increasing the seal? Especially with my sony ex800st

Feb 7, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #10,536 of 24,683
Well, I tried my Sabres with the mic cable plugged into my iPad in a restaurant to see how that worked. Problem is that the left ear didn't work at all. I *think* it's the 3.5mm connector since jiggling it was like pushing various buttons. I'll have to play with it more to see and then figure out whether to pass yet-another issue on to Jake. (Not saying it IS a failure yet, but... not great experiences with my first Trinity product in-hand and I'm even more unsure about trying the Master)

Also... the corner 3.5mm jack adapter -- is only 3 pin, so couldn't use it with the mic cable because it doesn't pass on the mic and controls.

My Airs are still "coming" as are the Atlas Deltas... but maybe a Shure SE215 is a better choice since I have hear it does very good isolation and doesn't sound horrible. I was REALLY hoping for a huge up-tick in quality without losing features.

Sigh... so far...

Sadly dynamic driver IEMs will always have less isolation because of the tiny hole on them.
The shures do have incredible isolation, but they are really lacking bass for me personally.

Feb 7, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #10,537 of 24,683

have you tried inserting the tip then pulling up/down on your ear? I find that lets the tips get in further increasing the seal? Especially with my sony ex800st

Same problem here with the size of filter. My Nu-force Primo 8's have a very small sound tube and can be inserted far into the canal with a good seal using either Comply or silicon. I'm really struggling to get a good seal with the PM4's due to having odd shaped ear canals. I thought I'd solved it by using smaller tips on the PM4s but that success seems to have gone by the wayside and I'm struggling even when pulling ears etc etc. Hoping the PM6 shape suits my ears better (although I have sent the Primo 8's to be reshelled into CIEMs)

Feb 7, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #10,538 of 24,683
Well, I figured out and is not the driver but the connector on the left earpiece. Basically if I DON'T push the cable all the way in I will get sound. Sadly, the only way to use the Sabre is if I don't move. There is a sweet spot that I have to hit for the sound to come in. Obviously the issue is with the female connector of the piece (driver) itself, not the cable, so I have to replace the piece regardless. I can't walk at all with them, the sound becomes intermittent and eventually dies.

that's actually not that much a big deal. i've posted this before. unscrew the silver cap of the connector on the cable, and it should work without any issues...for me i consider it as a cable problem...

Feb 7, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #10,539 of 24,683
do we have a list of recommendation for PM4 tip rolling? tried all things i have to fit it but still quite bass light - even less than vyrus and sabre. wondering if tip rolling can improve that?

Feb 7, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #10,540 of 24,683
that's actually not that much a big deal. i've posted this before. unscrew the silver cap of the connector on the cable, and it should work without any issues...for me i consider it as a cable problem...

yeah, but he said the female socket(s) @ the ear-pieces end has the connection issues.......

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #10,541 of 24,683
Im listening to my pm4 with gold filters to bands such as the killers, kings of leon right now etc.

Now I fully expect the IEM im about to mention to be in a different league on cost alone, never mind their reputation but... does anyone here have any experience with both PM4 and CA Andromeda? How does the Andromeda sound compared to the PM4 with either gold or silver filters? Both undampened.

Cheers

The andromeda is a whole other league...  It's the full package.  Bass is leaner but the upper frequencies are brought out more beautifully to it...  It truly wows without going overboard.  The CA is incredibly sturdy and an all around TOTL Ace of an IEM....

But if you are considering CA, I would suggest the Vega...  but the andromeda and vega are the two different avenues you can go.  If you like the upper frequencies out more, then the andromeda is just simply an endgame for that, but if that's not the case, the Vega is an absolute endgame of an IEM.  

The only problem I had with the andromeda was the fit and the edges...  didn't fit my anatomy.  But besides that, the upper frequencies for outdo the pm4.  It is perfected in the upperfrequencies...  but the price is up there...  However, if you can afford the andromeda it is well worth the money cuz you truly get a complete IEM in the andromeda and any of the Campfire Audio products...

IN fact if you can afford any Campfire Audio IEM, you are getting a truly perfected IEM with the sturdiest build and complete sound.  Those are simply some of the Best IEM's out there that are so worth giving a try and that company Aced it.

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #10,542 of 24,683

The andromeda is a whole other league...  It's the full package.  Bass is leaner but the upper frequencies are brought out more beautifully to it...  It truly wows without going overboard.  The CA is incredibly sturdy and an all around TOTL Ace of an IEM....

But if you are considering CA, I would suggest the Vega...  but the andromeda and vega are the two different avenues you can go.  If you like the upper frequencies out more, then the andromeda is just simply an endgame for that, but if that's not the case, the Vega is an absolute endgame of an IEM.  

The only problem I had with the andromeda was the fit and the edges...  didn't fit my anatomy.  But besides that, the upper frequencies for outdo the pm4.  It is perfected in the upperfrequencies...  but the price is up there...  However, if you can afford the andromeda it is well worth the money cuz you truly get a complete IEM in the andromeda and any of the Campfire Audio products...

IN fact if you can afford any Campfire Audio IEM, you are getting a truly perfected IEM with the sturdiest build and complete sound.  Those are simply some of the Best IEM's out there that are so worth giving a try and that company Aced it.

I was really impressed with the Vega as well.  Pretty amazing what a single driver can do with the right engineering.  

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #10,543 of 24,683
I was hyped since the Master announcement and started saving to buy it....that is until Trinity stopped all shipments to my country (México)
Well that´s a bummer, i hope Bob can give an answer to this (since i´ve already emailed Jake). So thanks in advance, have a great day everyone 
L3000.gif

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #10,544 of 24,683

Whats your problem? Here I am mostly satisfied with my current line up and the amount of money I have left in my wallet and you have to go around in all the threads i subscribe to talking these up. You must really dislike having money or anyone else having money because after your comments I started looking into it more and have become seriously tempted....

Though since we are a trinity thread, I will bring it back for now by saying that I am still very excited about my PM6 on order that will hopefully be arriving sooner rather than later and hopefully that might keep my purchasing impulses to a minimum...

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #10,545 of 24,683

hey buddy thanks alof for the feedback, I had an unbelievable offer this morning funny enough. I wont mention the user out of privacy but a user pm'd me and offered me both the Andromeda AND DX200 to loan for the weekend!!! Absolutley jaw dropped at that offer!

Both the Andromeda and Vega are pretty much the only IEM I have told myself I would like. Do you suggest the Vega due to me enjoying silver filters on the pm4?

Basically I use the pm4 as my daily driver on silver/gold undampened in the van to work etc. I also use the sony ex800st around the house.

Could you please give a quick breakdown of how the vega compares to the PM4?

Im thinking the Andromeda may be a superb IEM to complement the ex800st? Pm if needs be, really cool feedback you've provided, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back