TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jan 19, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #10,306 of 24,683
same. I really cannot be bothered with Trinity iems already. Bad qc esp in the cable department. Akin to a prototype unit which shows how bad it is. Sorry Bob. Even though I used to be a loyal supporter of Trinity Audio, I cannot be a blind supporter. Once bitten, twice shy. Who knows after Master, they will release Master 2 for the Pm6 replacement and a new Vyrus 3.0 after Vyrus 2.0. I have zero confidence already despite a heavy backer back then.

There's criticizing a company, which is good because that helps them with improving their products; you've done that already in the past. Original cable system is a weak point: noted and filed.

Then there's vocal complaining ad nauseam with little substantiated evidence; this is what you're doing now and in all your posts of recent memory in any Trinity Audio thread. Not only is it of no help, but it doesn't foster any idea of growth or community for the manufacturer. When over 2000 units are produced, 50 of them are going to have issues; the users get it rectified or they don't and then they move on, perhaps even with remarks akin to "great attempt at customer service, but product ultimately disappointed me". Continuing to stick around and tell anyone new who even glances at your posts isn't encouraging the team to make a better product, it's steering new potential users away and equates to the "polite way" of telling a manufacturer to go die in a hole. This is incredibly unhelpful to literally all parties involved, past, present, and future.

It's a thing I've liked about the Trinity team; I can voice my opinion on their design, whether good or bad, and they go back and look into it, try to see it from our eyes, and adjust if needed. If suggestions are factored in, I've made a difference, if not, I can rest easy knowing that my thoughts were at least taken into account, though perhaps not acted on for one reason or another. Feedback is welcome and encouraged with the goal being to create a product people want it to be. That's what's been different about Trinity Audio and by my tally sheet, they've done better than most at making a product with solid quality. With the thousands of units they've sold, how many handfuls have had issues? 1-2%? How many of you out there score a 98% on every single test you've ever taken? Cuz I sure as hell haven't. If you have, you haven't challenged yourself and that's what Trinity has done every step of the way: challenge itself to make a better product, to be a better company.

Jan 20, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #10,308 of 24,683
Dude is probably a troll. He's flooding several threads with random, unqualified bs. Rating/recommending products he's never touched in his life etc...

As I said, it's about time for a ban

Jan 20, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #10,310 of 24,683
Any update regarding the shipping dates for phantom hunter? My order is tagged as "fulfilled" yet i have gotten no shipment notification whatsoever.
Bob said last week it was "on schedule" so it will be shipping in December or January... :p

I'm anxious too, but probably safe to assume it will ship out in the next couple weeks.

Jan 20, 2017 at 1:52 AM Post #10,311 of 24,683
  Same hopes for the Phantom Air! I'm not so sure it'll happen though
rolleyes.gif
. Based on the KS update, they've got everything together, but they haven't painted any of them yet. And since they've gotta wait for everyone to complete their surveys first, I dunno if they'll make that deadline depending on how quickly people respond. I also don't know how long it takes them to paint that many IEMs. Could be a week, could be a day. But it does look like they should hopefully get to my doorstep by mid-February at the latest.

I ordered pm6 from web site so color chosen.
hopefully they start painting pm6 web site orders now.

Jan 20, 2017 at 1:52 AM Post #10,312 of 24,683
ye well I had also replaced left iem, and replaced didn't solve completely. I just don't want to bankrupt the company with replacements. Sometimes you just need to learn at what point to let go. The Flare r2s has same issue has electricity when dap is charging. It's just the way at some point wire is not completely isolated from metal shells. Been comparing pm4 and r2s, both great, r2s is awesome for everything and pm4 is great for bass and overall different and nice too, subbass is much more quantity. those who hope for PM6 and hunter you lucky bastads :blush:

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #10,314 of 24,683
Bob said last week it was "on schedule" so it will be shipping in December or January...
tongue.gif

I'm anxious too, but probably safe to assume it will ship out in the next couple weeks.

I tell ya, if he manages to ship it in December, color me impressed because we'd have to add "warping time" to Bob's list of skills
tongue.gif

ye well I had also replaced left iem, and replaced didn't solve completely. I just don't want to bankrupt the company with replacements. Sometimes you just need to learn at what point to let go. The Flare r2s has same issue has electricity when dap is charging. It's just the way at some point wire is not completely isolated from metal shells. Been comparing pm4 and r2s, both great, r2s is awesome for everything and pm4 is great for bass and overall different and nice too, subbass is much more quantity. those who hope for PM6 and hunter you lucky bastads :blush:

This is the right way to deal with things, my friend, well done. You got a replacement, it still didn't quite work out for you, and you've moved on. I've got a Hunter on pre-order and I think the same thing: you lucky person haha
biggrin.gif
. I'm looking forward to seeing the heat-treated titanium finished shell. I ordered my Air in storm trooper for good contrast, excited to see them get here in the coming weeks.

Jan 20, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #10,315 of 24,683
  I tell ya, if he manages to ship it in December, color me impressed because we'd have to add "warping time" to Bob's list of skills
tongue.gif

Yeah, I was being a bit snarky since his response of "on schedule" was so vague :wink: I understand why he's hesitant to give any kind of specific date, but at least some general idea of where the process is at would be nice,since we have been waiting so long and it was already promised to have been shipped by now.

Jan 20, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #10,316 of 24,683
It's official: I am stupid.

I've been trying to get a good and comfortable fit with the PM4's using my current collection of tips from my (narrow bore) Nu Force Primo 8's and (sadly missed due to an unfortunate leaving on a plane) UE 900's. I've been trying to use the same size tips on a wider bore filter and wondering why I couldn't get them to stay or fit comfortably. Sitting at my desk I had a brainwave. "what if I use a smaller size tip?"

Genius I know. Perfect fit and isolation, comfort and a good seal. I. Am. A. Genius. yeah I know, why didn't I think of that weeks ago whilst struggling to get that fit and seal with a million and one different attempts, sizes and materials?

rolleyes.gif

Jan 20, 2017 at 4:39 AM Post #10,317 of 24,683
same. I really cannot be bothered with Trinity iems already. Bad qc esp in the cable department. Akin to a prototype unit which shows how bad it is. Sorry Bob. Even though I used to be a loyal supporter of Trinity Audio, I cannot be a blind supporter. Once bitten, twice shy. Who knows after Master, they will release Master 2 for the Pm6 replacement and a new Vyrus 3.0 after Vyrus 2.0. I have zero confidence already despite a heavy backer back then.

So why you still here then? Seriously, you have aired your thoughts, we have addressed as best as we can and you still want to go on and on. And I am not even sure you contacted us directly regarding any issues or not.

Move on ... It's gone from pathetic to pathetic.

Jan 20, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #10,318 of 24,683
  Both of the cables I've tried with mine intermittently cut out and need to be wiggled to get working again. I don't use them much so can't be bothered trying to get any replacement.

not the cable issue here :frowning2: 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back