TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jan 20, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #10,321 of 24,683
  Yeah, I was being a bit snarky since his response of "on schedule" was so vague :wink: I understand why he's hesitant to give any kind of specific date, but at least some general idea of where the process is at would be nice,since we have been waiting so long and it was already promised to have been shipped by now.

I'd say that the KS is a good indication of how it's going, if only just because they sent out an update this week. They sent out the surveys for color choices on PM6 and Air on Wednesday, while the update on Monday said production was finished other than applying color to shells. So now it's dependent on how quickly people get their responses in.

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #10,322 of 24,683
I'd say that the KS is a good indication of how it's going, if only just because they sent out an update this week. They sent out the surveys for color choices on PM6 and Air on Wednesday, while the update on Monday said production was finished other than applying color to shells. So now it's dependent on how quickly people get their responses in.

Assuming that trail of thought is correct - in which I don't dispute - the PM6 pre-orders maybe very close to receiving their long awaited (for some) goodies?

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #10,323 of 24,683
  Anyone tried Linum 2-pin cables with the PM4's? Do they fit properly?

Yes they fit. Just tried my BaX on them. Looks neat and tidy due to the small Linum connectors.

Jan 21, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #10,326 of 24,683
  Yes they fit. Just tried my BaX on them. Looks neat and tidy due to the small Linum connectors.

Those cables cost almost as much as what I paid for my PM4's
biggrin.gif
But if you have them laying around anyway...
Would you mind posting a photo? Do they attach securely? - I thought Trinity pins were ever so slightly bigger than the standard.

Jan 21, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #10,327 of 24,683
  Those cables cost almost as much as what I paid for my PM4's
biggrin.gif
But if you have them laying around anyway...
Would you mind posting a photo? Do they attach securely? - I thought Trinity pins were ever so slightly bigger than the standard.

I have bought the cables for my more expensive (C)IEM's. When comparing them to other cable manufacturers they aren't very expensive.
They fit great, attachement is firmer than with the Trinity cable.

Compare with the Trinity Audio (music) cable

This is how the connector looks up close.

Jan 21, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #10,330 of 24,683
@Shawn71 
Thanks.

@slitzx 
What do you mean with "expanded"? 
This is just how the PM4 connectors are. I'm running the PM4 with the stock Trinity Audio (music) cable. The connection with the Linum cable feels more secure than with the stock cable but neither are having connectivity issues. They are indeed just the normal industry standard 2-pin connectors.

Jan 21, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #10,331 of 24,683
  @Shawn71 
Thanks.

@slitzx 
What do you mean with "expanded"? 
This is just how the PM4 connectors are. I'm running the PM4 with the stock Trinity Audio (music) cable. The connection with the Linum cable feels more secure than with the stock cable but neither are having connectivity issues. They are indeed just the normal industry standard 2-pin connectors.

​The Trinity cables are supposed to use 0.75mm "UE" style 2-pin connectors, whereas the Linum cables use the marginally thicker 0.78mm connection standard. If the pins on the Linum cable are larger, they may fit snugly into the PM4 connectors, but "stretch" the connector holes and make them looser if you decide to switch back to the Trinity cables at some point - I think that's what @slitzxwas getting at?

Jan 21, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #10,332 of 24,683
@Jackpot77
Ah, ok. Didn't know that. Thought they were the standard size.
That also explains why they are so snug fitting.
Thanks for the explanation 
wink.gif

Jan 21, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #10,333 of 24,683

​The Trinity cables are supposed to use 0.75mm "UE" style 2-pin connectors, whereas the Linum cables use the marginally thicker 0.78mm connection standard. If the pins on the Linum cable are larger, they may fit snugly into the PM4 connectors, but "stretch" the connector holes and make them looser if you decide to switch back to the Trinity cables at some point - I think that's what @slitzxwas getting at?

0.75mm pin connectors is something i am not aware of. Ordered the silver litz cable and later asked Jake to amend order to Std 2 pins (0.78mm) after Trinity decided to go with new cable system so i could use the cable with other iems on hand.  

Jan 22, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #10,334 of 24,683
it needs 0.78 mm cause 0.75 gets loose my iems always disconnect cause of so so design aspects of them. They were designed to roll on market sooner. Many cheap compromises were made. I don't complain though. This to be expected.

Jan 22, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #10,335 of 24,683
it needs 0.78 mm cause 0.75 gets loose my iems always disconnect cause of so so design aspects of them. They were designed to roll on market sooner. Many cheap compromises were made. I don't complain though. This to be expected.

You have 0.75mm cables? Do you wear them over the ears or straight down? I've noticed my stock cables seem to disconnect a bit in the right ear but a quick push seems to fix them.

Has anyone used 0.78mm for a while and could comment on any disconnections?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back