TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jan 13, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #10,216 of 24,683
I don't know what it is, google only shows shoes insoles. I actually don't mod my pm4, only a spare iem I had replaced, would have been thrown away anyway. it was replacement, it actually has no electricity issue at all and replaced one still does. lol

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019GBMG14/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The stuff is amazing. I did my HiFIMAN HE-400 and it totally transformed the sound. I'm putting it everywhere I can now! Search the threads you will find out about it and see my posts. On another note yay it's getting closer to getting the PM6! I also hope like someone else mentioned I hope they don't release them then do a upgrade, but I think it won't happen cause it was a lesson learned.

Jan 13, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #10,217 of 24,683

I thought my receiving these based on bass ability made me go straight for the big bass ski slope curve and the mids and treble stayed put. On the Sony Z5 the treble would need to be cut so it wouldn't rip my head off. The 2.5 hit hard but the treble is already rolled a bit so 100% open vent and amp and eq make the mids missing in action.
  The M-Audio Q-40 were a very lucky set. They never made anything as good so it was luck. I have no knowledge about this company or other gear so they are good or lucky?
These will slam and the whole housing will vibrate in your ear and the mids and treble at that point are superior to Z5 and 2.5 IMO.
The body design and material seem to make the bass hit feel stronger.

I'm actually really glad that you entered the thread with your perspective and video review!

I consistently lean towards flatter presentations. To my ears these PM4 have tight and chest rumbling bass even on the gold/undampened filters. When I heard others complain about a lack of bass I was confused and chalked it up to my limited experience. Having a bass aficionado show up and affirm the quality of the low end reminds me to trust my ears.

Jan 13, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #10,218 of 24,683
I'm actually really glad that you entered the thread with your perspective and video review!

I consistently lean towards flatter presentations. To my ears these PM4 have tight and chest rumbling bass even on the gold/undampened filters. When I heard others complain about a lack of bass I was confused and chalked it up to my limited experience. Having a bass aficionado show up and affirm the quality of the low end reminds me to trust my ears.

Right, don't be quick to believe what others complain about or say. Some love to complain, some will have crazy tastes in music, some will have crazy taste in sound signatures disregarding others things like timbre or soundstage. Your taste and what you prefer is and always will be #1.

Jan 14, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #10,219 of 24,683

My 2 favorites are the ex1000 and ex800st and both are pretty flat (audiophile line) from 20Hz -2khz. I raise bass by myself. I love my mids and my bass and mids and bass working together and not bothering one another is ideal. The PM4 hammer ear wax loose when set to do so. The mids were still good. Not an easy task but they do it.

Jan 14, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #10,220 of 24,683

What source do you use? While I won't label the PM4 as thin-sounding, the bass is still one of the weakpoints of this IEM for me. Bass just seems to take a step back compared to other frequencies. Usually, the bassiest filters of Trinity are too bassy for my taste, but for the PM4, I never notice this.

Jan 14, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #10,221 of 24,683
gold filters are still bassy. I just noticed that I had silver filters on modded iem and gold on regular. I put silver on the other and it's way better with molded iem than with regular.

Jan 14, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #10,222 of 24,683
My main rig is running on an old edirol FireWire interface for audio work. Off memory, fa-101 I believe. I would still evaluate the bass as high quality while listening through my one plus 3 phone running Poweramp as well. I'm not a bass head, hence why I appreciated HawaiiBB's opinion. I do however think these kick out high quality low end. I rarely if ever EQ, but I've noticed these can handle low end boost with gusto on my occasional EQ explorations. My favorite filters by far have been gold undamped, which one wouldn't even expect to feature such quality bass. To my ear the PM4 provides a visceral, quality low end which retains composure even when artificially boosted. Through undampened filters I hear the hump in the upper mids. While unflattering on some poor quality recordings, I like it's edge for detail retrieval

Jan 14, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #10,223 of 24,683
The bass on pm4 is the best I had, even better and more than all iems I've had. It basically has two subwoofers which are like two hyperion in each which had subbassy bass. plus two bas. after I installed flare dd the dynamic range is broad.
I duno about lack of bass, perhaps it's broken defective or users are even more chronic bass head than hb, and some songs don't have much bass anyway

Jan 14, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #10,224 of 24,683
Finally came back from an interstate trip and had time to unbox the PM4 and I'm utterly amazed. 
I haven't been keeping up to date with the thread and I didn't even know what would come in the package.
The unboxing experience was great, the product came with a very complete series of accessories. The build quality is excellent and so is the sound quality ! 
The microphone and remote also worked fantastically.
Praises to @Bobtrinity  for the amazing product at a very affordable price.

Just wondering, how is the new Phantom Master IEM going to be tuned in comparison to the PM4 ?

Jan 14, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #10,225 of 24,683
today my PM4 right connector became loose and lost sound. I never took it off regularly. At first it was hard to fit. But it's loose now. Have no idea.... what should I do? Can I get a new cable under warranty?

Jan 14, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #10,227 of 24,683

Took me some time, but here it goes. I got the comply tips and got them on the pm4's, at first the insertion felt the same as before, but as the foam expanded my ear canals didn't feel as painful and there was a markedly improved fit and seal. I do still feel that the filters could have been little bit narrower [if it can be done]. Aside from this, though it is not supposed to affect, I felt [maybe its just me] the comply's tx400's with built in wax guards sounded little different, a little muffled.

Jan 14, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #10,230 of 24,683
Question on the cables that will come with the new Master:
  1. 2 Cables (1 X standard 3.5mm and 1 X Balanced 2.5mm)
Is the balanced suitable for the 2.5 mm of the Onkyo DP-X1 / XDP-300R? These have the same termination as AK as far as I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back