TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jan 6, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #10,096 of 24,683
Point 2: The included angled 3.5mm jack adaptor is very handy when using dap/mobile inside the jean pocket as its sole purpose.......its a nice addition to accessory bunch from trinity if you ask me. Especially I find it useful when using IEMs that are already 90° 3.5mm jack termination,other than trinity's long springy jacks.

point 3 is purely a fit issue not a BAD, that goes to all monitors for that matter......

2. I agree. It's just earlier today that I started using them and they're very convenient/comfortable especially when sitting down while the DAP's in my pocket, but I was disappointed when I replaced the cable with the ones with mic+buttons and they didn't work.
3. It was a bad experience for me nonetheless, not bad for PM4 as an IEM. This was the first time I've had terrible fit issues with an IEM since the TF10s devirginized my ear canals several years ago.

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #10,097 of 24,683
agreed.
for example my FLC8s are loved are a lot of people and have had very very good reviews however I cant get most out of them due to fit.
its annoying for sure as these aint cheap but thats what we get for not trying in store first. granted it would have been hard to try these in store as they are a foreign low key iem.

hmm thats unfortunate.......yeah, Thats a hit or miss (fit) going for a multi driver monitors,due to ear-shell size/shape, especially a triple hybrids with 10mm dia or more dynamic drivers and we have smaller ears.....hope the hunters will fit all the ears.

May be, check with seller(not mfr) if they accept returns due to fit issues or not our preferred sound? or even sell them immediately........but we may lose some $$ as a re-stocking fee and return shipping to seller. either way its better than we get frustrated seeing them sleeping inside the drawer.

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #10,098 of 24,683
2. I agree. It's just earlier today that I started using them and they're very convenient/comfortable especially when sitting down while the DAP's in my pocket, but I was disappointed when I replaced the cable with the ones with mic+buttons and they didn't work.
3. It was a bad experience for me nonetheless, not bad for PM4 as an IEM. This was the first time I've had terrible fit issues with an IEM since the TF10s devirginized my ear canals several years ago.

Ha,now I know where you are coming from,the frankenstein bolt. :wink:.......

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #10,099 of 24,683
  cool, thanks midget guy. I assume this is for better fit and/or soundstage?

As @tim0chan said, it's more about the distortion factor than anything else, though other sound qualities come along with it. I think the concept is that dual opposing dynamic drivers, when tuned correctly, result in less distortion due to sound wave resonance from the directly opposing drivers. But I'm no sound engineer or even all that smart so I could be completely wrong
biggrin.gif
. The newly retooled lineup coming out this year is supposed to now use 2 dual voice coil drivers in a push-pull setup, but I have no idea what the advantages of the dual voice coil are over their original titanium-coated dynamic driver. I think it had something to do with the tunability of it.

Should say "Worlds First Push Pull Hybrid By Trinity" as there are other IEMS that also are Push Pull so this is not the "Worlds First" unless there is a secrete about Trinity's configuration that is different from the rest.

World's first push-pull hybrid design by anyone I think. First push-pull dynamic drivers alone with nothing else is taken by Audio-Technica; I agree on that with @PL4Y3R 0N3.

Point 2: The included angled 3.5mm jack adaptor is very handy when using dap/mobile inside the jean pocket as its sole purpose.......its a nice addition to accessory bunch from trinity if you ask me. Especially I find it useful when using IEMs that are already 90° 3.5mm jack termination,other than trinity's long springy jacks.

point 3 is purely a fit issue not a BAD, that goes to all monitors for that matter......

I was totally confused for a second with your usage of the adapter on a plug that was already right-angle. I thought "doesn't that just make a u-turn, how does that help?" And then I smacked myself in the face because when you rotate your IEM plug the other way, it makes a nice zig-zag lowering the strain on the cable at the second turn where it comes out of your pocket
biggrin.gif

Also, for those who are in the KS campaign for the Airs and Master 6, but aren't following the comments (I know I'm not for the most part until I decided to take a brief look yesterday), the Air is slated to start shipping to backers sometime this month! I don't think I saw anything regarding the Master 6 though.

Jan 6, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #10,100 of 24,683
It's about the positioning and alignment of the drivers. Has nothing to do with the filter system, that's completely separate.
it's wiring in reverse, plus minus on one and minus plus on another dd. aligning to each other actually will add distortion. usually they need to look one direction to work properly

Jan 6, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #10,101 of 24,683
it's wiring in reverse, plus minus on one and minus plus on another dd. aligning to each other actually will add distortion. usually they need to look one direction to work properly

Nope, you're wrong. But unlike other people on the internet, I'll actually back up my claim that you're wrong: http://sea.audio-technica.com/ckr/interview_02.html. I think Audio-Technica knows a little something about how to make a a push-pull driver configuration.

Jan 6, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #10,102 of 24,683
Silver Snail requested this video so here you go, nice design though, what's inside pm4

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/GVYo4yL5t_I[/VIDEO]

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #10,103 of 24,683
@Silver Snail requested this video so here you go, nice design though, what's inside pm4

Firing back with evidence of your own, well done! THIS is what arguments on the internet should look like
biggrin.gif
. Thanks for the inside look at the PM4.

The video creates a question for me though regarding this design: namely, how is it considered a push-pull design? The dynamic drivers don't push-pull each other which begs the question why it's deemed a push-pull design if one driver isn't pushing air while the other is pulling the same air in a physically aligned fashion, which is what I thought the entire concept of push-pull was. @Bobtrinity, shed some light please?

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #10,104 of 24,683
Nope, you're wrong. But unlike other people on the internet, I'll actually back up my claim that you're wrong: http://sea.audio-technica.com/ckr/interview_02.html. I think Audio-Technica knows a little something about how to make a a push-pull driver configuration.

https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=EP133274629&recNum=12&maxRec=52&office=&prevFilter=&sortOption=Pub+Date+Desc&queryString=FP%3A%28H04+tanaka+kenta%29&tab=NationalBiblio

Designed by these guys http://www.tokyosonic.com

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #10,105 of 24,683
Firing back with evidence of your own, well done! THIS is what arguments on the internet should look like :D . Thanks for the inside look at the PM4.

The video creates a question for me though regarding this design: namely, how is it considered a push-pull design? The dynamic drivers don't push-pull each other which begs the question why it's deemed a push-pull design if one driver isn't pushing air while the other is pulling the same air in a physically aligned fashion, which is what I thought the entire concept of push-pull was. @Bobtrinity
, shed some light please?

They push and pull by wiring opposite, they push and pull within the upper chamber. So yeah...Push pull

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #10,106 of 24,683
They push and pull by wiring opposite, they push and pull within the upper chamber. So yeah...Push pull

Thanks for clarifying. I was under the same impression as Midgetguy, that the two drivers were facing each other. I guess that's why you're the audio engineer and I am not. :p
Now that I know how they work (sorta) I'm super excited to try the PM6 for myself and hear the results. Can we expect pictures soon Bob?

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #10,107 of 24,683

I see, so it's push-pull of the air within the same chamber rather than the air directly between two opposite-facing drivers? Got it.

Thanks for clarifying. I was under the same impression as @Midgetguy, that the two drivers were facing each other. I guess that's why you're the audio engineer and I am not.
tongue.gif

Now that I know how they work (sorta) I'm super excited to try the PM6 for myself and hear the results. Can we expect pictures soon Bob?

There's a good reason I'm not an audio engineer: I have no idea what I'm talking about
tongue.gif
. You think the PM6 is shipping at the same time as the Air for KS backers?

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #10,108 of 24,683
There's a good reason I'm not an audio engineer: I have no idea what I'm talking about :p . You think the PM6 is shipping at the same time as the Air for KS backers?

Not sure. My hope is that I get the PM6 by the end of the month. I've given my parents like 3 different shipping dates, they are starting to think that Bob is my Nigerian prince. XD
Only thing I know is the order people are going to get them.

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #10,109 of 24,683
Not sure. My hope is that I get the PM6 by the end of the month. I've given my parents like 3 different shipping dates, they are starting to think that Bob is my Nigerian prince. XD
Only thing I know is the order people are going to get them.

The difference being the Nigerian princes are offering to give you money xP. I'm expecting my Airs to get to me sometime in the first week of February since someone on the KS said that they were hoping to ship in January (which I take will be by the end of January). I can't imagine the PM6 from the KS campaign will be much longer behind.

Jan 7, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #10,110 of 24,683
I see, so it's push-pull of the air within the same chamber rather than the air directly between two opposite-facing drivers? Got it.

There's a good reason I'm not an audio engineer: I have no idea what I'm talking about :p . You think the PM6 is shipping at the same time as the Air for KS backers?

I Think you are thinking too much buddy......:wink:

Ok, so this wiring that bob talked about is, "in phase & out-of-phase" wiring/connection......what it means is, you ideally reverse the polarity of 2nd dynamic driver to the first that has correct polarity.

ie: positive signal to positive terminal of first dynamic driver is correct polarity ( in phase) and opposite is reversing,connecting positive signal to negative terminal of the driver (out-of-phase)is reverse polarity, in this case its the 2nd dynamic driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back