TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 28, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #9,961 of 24,683
  Just got mine yesterday (Philippines)

First impressions: Terrible fit on any eartips. Even the spinfits/foamies hurt my ears.

Anyway, I'm a devout burn-in guy so i'll leave them be for 2-3 days before tip-rolling again, and then proceed to trying out all the filters.

I don't see how that's gonna solve the fit problem.....but I wish you luck
beerchug.gif

Dec 28, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #9,963 of 24,683
Spinfits stink is why. Spend a lot of time with them vs the OEM tips and you will likely match my thoughts. They don't seal well compared to OEM tips, and have to be perfect sweet spot as too deep the quickly break the seal and if too shallow they fall out easy or have no major effect. When I do find on an IEM I like them on, the second issue is that they have smaller bore so close the sound more and I can tell the difference. Even the Trinity stock tips that came on my V1 Atlas have a wider bore, fit better and seal better giving more bass. This is just my experience with them. I have all the sizes too and same results with them all.

Dec 28, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #9,964 of 24,683
Spinfits stink is why. Spend a lot of time with them vs the OEM tips and you will likely match my thoughts. They don't seal well compared to OEM tips, and have to be perfect sweet spot as too deep the quickly break the seal and if too shallow they fall out easy or have no major effect. When I do find on an IEM I like them on, the second issue is that they have smaller bore so close the sound more and I can tell the difference. Even the Trinity stock tips that came on my V1 Atlas have a wider bore, fit better and seal better giving more bass. This is just my experience with them. I have all the sizes too and same results with them all.

By contrast, Spinfits work great for me. Granted, I only have them on the Hyperion and my Supra, but I like them for the exact fact that they're deeper insertion. I don't have the issue with the seal breaking like you do so I'm quite happy with the. Not too noticeable of a sound difference for me, but better fit and comfort. All ears are different
beerchug.gif
. For their sake, I hope they find something that works; doesn't matter how good an IEM sounds if it isn't comfortable to wear.

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #9,965 of 24,683
By contrast, Spinfits work great for me. Granted, I only have them on the Hyperion and my Supra, but I like them for the exact fact that they're deeper insertion. I don't have the issue with the seal breaking like you do so I'm quite happy with the. Not too noticeable of a sound difference for me, but better fit and comfort. All ears are different :beerchug: . For their sake, I hope they find something that works; doesn't matter how good an IEM sounds if it isn't comfortable to wear.

You should hear a difference unless the bore is the same size of the IEM's tip. Even if the fit is bad, closing the sound is a deal breaker for me regardless of fit etc. There should never be a reason to use of have a tip smaller than the IEM's bore. Too narrow and you start getting a horn effect and the sound closes in.

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #9,966 of 24,683
You should hear a difference unless the bore is the same size of the IEM's tip. Even if the fit is bad, closing the sound is a deal breaker for me regardless of fit etc. There should never be a reason to use of have a tip smaller than the IEM's bore. Too narrow and you start getting a horn effect and the sound closes in.

I didn't say I don't hear a difference, but it's negligible as far as I'm concerned. Also, the bore isn't smaller in the case of the Supra and only a tiny bit smaller with the Hyperion. And it doesn't make much of a difference in the Hyperion anyway because of its base sound characteristics. I wouldn't be surprised to hear a bigger difference in other IEMs, but the Spinfits don't have much impact other than fit for the Supra and Hyperion.

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #9,967 of 24,683
PM4's highs are proving too harsh/sibilant for me; using dampened filters (gold is my preferred one) mitigates the problem slightly, but also makes especially male vocals sit quite far back in the mix. Not ideal. Still, the rest is pretty great: sound stage is wide for an IEM, detail is impressive - even to the point where it's overbearing, bass is on-point for me.

All that is to say that I could not resist the trade-up deal which, if what I read here earlier is correct, should keep the good of the PM4 and take away the harshness. Thanks for the deal Bob; the way I see it, I'll have two IEMs while having paid the retail price of only one.

Dec 28, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #9,968 of 24,683

Was this only with PM4 or other IEMs...?

Dec 28, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #9,969 of 24,683
Was this only with PM4 or other IEMs...?

All the IEM's in my profile. I really wanted to hear the difference and wanted to like them but they are just a hyped product for me. I've read others say similar things like they lose bass and openness too so I know I'm not imagining anything. I could be just in the same group of people that have a similar ear canal likely but even if that is not the case, the bore being smaller does not help the sound in any way.

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #9,970 of 24,683
All the IEM's in my profile. I really wanted to hear the difference and wanted to like them but they are just a hyped product for me. I've read others say similar things like they lose bass and openness too so I know I'm not imagining anything. I could be just in the same group of people that have a similar ear canal likely but even if that is not the case, the bore being smaller does not help the sound in any way.

You aren't alone. Though for me its hit or miss with them. For shallower insertion iems, I find myself usually needing large tips, and the large spin fit tips are really weird. Have to get the angle just right or they dont seal. Push too far in and they lose seal. Its not a very secure fit. I think its in part because most large tips curve back around while the outer part of the spin fits is shorter. The medium tips are another story though for iems that insert deeper and for deeper fit, I don't really have much of an issue with them, but trinity iems are definitely not deep insertion iems for me, at least not the vyrus or pm4. So I think the spin fits are really meant for deeper insertion only, otherwise I have the exact same issues with them as you do.

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #9,971 of 24,683
You aren't alone. Though for me its hit or miss with them. For shallower insertion iems, I find myself usually needing large tips, and the large spin fit tips are really weird. Have to get the angle just right or they dont seal. Push too far in and they lose seal. Its not a very secure fit. I think its in part because most large tips curve back around while the outer part of the spin fits is shorter. The medium tips are another story though for iems that insert deeper and for deeper fit, I don't really have much of an issue with them, but trinity iems are definitely not deep insertion iems for me, at least not the vyrus or pm4. So I think the spin fits are really meant for deeper insertion only, otherwise I have the exact same issues with them as you do.

I have all the sizes and I did try deep insertion and they crumble and break the seal. They have a really really specific location they have to be in to work for me, not too shallow or too deep and once I hit that spot then the other issues are still there; closing in the sound stage due to having a smaller bore, that's still a deal breaker. If they had a larger bore and were a tad thicker I would likely like them but they don't improve the sound for me. I prefer a wider bore and let my natural ear curve send the sound through the ear canal rather than a narrow bore facing the ear canal which I'm sure was never the design of the IEM in the first place.

Dec 29, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #9,975 of 24,683

Users who are viewing this thread

Back