TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 9, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #9,571 of 24,683
I got filters that doesn't thread tightly (gold undamped, purple damped, & silver damped). While tip rolling, filter on the right iem came along when I removed the tip.

But instead of getting pissed or be disappointed, I did a simple solution to fix the problem by putting teflon tape on the filters.

I know it won't be a long term solution but for now it isn't a big deal for me and no need to rush on requesting a new pair of filters since I'm looking forward on the deal that Trinity has to offer for those who had these quality issues.

Oh btw no spinfits received but I got swirl tips.

Dec 9, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #9,572 of 24,683
I got filters that doesn't thread tightly (gold undamped, purple damped, & silver damped). While tip rolling, filter on the right iem came along when I removed the tip.

But instead of getting pissed or be disappointed, I did a simple solution to fix the problem by putting teflon tape on the filters.

I know it won't be a long term solution but for now it isn't a big deal for me and no need to rush on requesting a new pair of filters since I'm looking forward on the deal that Trinity has to offer for those who had these quality issues.

Oh btw no spinfits received but I got swirl tips.

Shoot jake@trinityaudioengineering.com and he will get new filters to you asap

Dec 9, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #9,573 of 24,683
It's always nice to see Bob & co. taking care of their customers, that's one of the reasons that I decided to pre-order some IEMs and I have high hopes for the PM6 / Hunter.

But the wait for my PM4 is starting to get a bit frustrating; others who ordered on Black Friday using the free shipping option are starting to receive their PM4s while I'm still waiting for my pre-order. Now, yes, Japan is on the opposite side of the world, and yes I didn't opt for tracking, but it shouldn't be taking this long should it? If the reason was that Trinity had to delay shipping due to QC problems and shipped some pre-orders with the BF orders, I'm fine with that, I just want to know when you shipped and how much longer  I "should be waiting".

Dec 9, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #9,574 of 24,683
Im using the mic cable, im assuming these IEM's are deasigned to be cable over ear as the cable sits weird if you try to let it hang down. The curve points up when you want the cable to fall straight down? Slid the cable behind the ear anyways but obviously its not secure. How are people wearing these IEM's have been using the ear hooks til I tried these today

Dec 9, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #9,575 of 24,683
It's always nice to see Bob & co. taking care of their customers, that's one of the reasons that I decided to pre-order some IEMs and I have high hopes for the PM6 / Hunter.

But the wait for my PM4 is starting to get a bit frustrating; others who ordered on Black Friday using the free shipping option are starting to receive their PM4s while I'm still waiting for my pre-order. Now, yes, Japan is on the opposite side of the world, and yes I didn't opt for tracking, but it shouldn't be taking this long should it? If the reason was that Trinity had to delay shipping due to QC problems and shipped some pre-orders with the BF orders, I'm fine with that, I just want to know when you shipped and how much longer  I "should be waiting".

Guys I'd love to post photos, first impressions and comparisons of the PM4 in this thread, the only little issue is that my parcel hasn't arrived yet, so the only thing I can do right now is to bump what Bluesw is saying.

I know exactly how you feel bro, a little more light on the shipping delay certainly would diminish the anxiety in some PM4 owners, myself included.

Dec 9, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #9,576 of 24,683
Guys I'd love to post photos, first impressions and comparisons of the PM4 in this thread, the only little issue is that my parcel hasn't arrived yet, so the only thing I can do right now is to bump what Bluesw is saying.

I know exactly how you feel bro, a little more light on the shipping delay certainly would diminish the anxiety in some PM4 owners, myself included.

They have all left

Dec 9, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #9,577 of 24,683
some more ideas about pm4, the connector gets loose, I got scared whend I pulled iems from bag and one iem missing got afraid that I lost it but it was in bag. A better solution would be two pin connector which pm4 uses and a thread to thread it. because changing cables is important to some of use who like better cables.

and vocals still peaky, doesn't go away, but very happy overall. Nice subwoofer bass

Dec 9, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #9,578 of 24,683
some more ideas about pm4, the connector gets loose, I got scared whend I pulled iems from bag and one iem missing got afraid that I lost it but it was in bag. A better solution would be two pin connector which pm4 uses and a thread to thread it. because changing cables is important to some of use who like better cables.

and vocals still peaky, doesn't go away, but very happy overall. Nice subwoofer bass

It does go away; they did on my pair this morning, after 30-50 hours of play time

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #9,580 of 24,683
I got my PM4 two days ago but unfortunately it's plagued with issues, which is a shame considering I really like the sound.

Firstly, has anyone else noticed a massive sound difference between all 3 cables? I'm not sure if my cables are faulty but the fabric cable has really high amount of crosstalk.

Secondly, the sound seems to be much louder in the right ear and the sound occasionally cuts out in the left earpiece I'm not sure if this is because of connector issues which I am experiencing. The connector is really disappointing imo as it's really loose and does not seem to fit in well.

Additionally, the right driver body has two small splits in the body, whereas my left driver is fine and has no splits. 

While I don't have any filter screwing in problems, one of my purple dampened filters did get stuck in the tube and I can't seem to get it out no matter how hard I try. 

I have contacted Jake however and so far I'm really happy with the customer support. But really curious as to if anyone notices the sound difference between the 3 cables or if it's just mine. 

EDIT: sorry about the double post, new to head-fi and not exactly sure how to delete the 2nd post.

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #9,581 of 24,683
  I got my PM4 two days ago but unfortunately it's plagued with issues, which sucks considering I really like the sound. Firstly, has anyone else noticed a massive sound difference between all 3 cables? I'm not sure if my cables are faulty either but the fabric cable has really high amount of crosstalk.

Secondly, the sound seems to be much louder in the right ear, I'm not sure if this is because of connector issues which I am experiencing. The connector is really disappointing imo as it's really loose and does not seem to fit in well.

While I don't have any filter screwing in problems, one of my purple dampened filters did get stuck in the tube and I can't seem to get it out no matter how hard I bang the tube. 

I have contacted Jake however and so far I'm really happy with the customer support. But really curious as to if anyone notices the sound difference between the 3 cables or if it's just mine.

I noticed it too. For me the braided cable without memory wire sounds better.

Dec 10, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #9,583 of 24,683
Got my PM4's on 8th of this month, haven't yet listened to them.I tried them for the size but the filters should have been a little bit longer(or, may be its just my ears
rolleyes.gif
). One thing though, the pack didn't have any medium sized foam tips, just the L and S size. Does any one know which comply tips would be compatible with the PM4?

Dec 10, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #9,584 of 24,683
Got my PM4's on 8th of this month, haven't yet listened to them.I tried them for the size but the filters should have been a little bit longer(or, may be its just my ears:rolleyes: ). One thing though, the pack didn't have any medium sized foam tips, just the L and S size. Does any one know which comply tips would be compatible with the PM4?

The pack only contains medium and small foams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back