TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 5, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #9,316 of 24,683
Well, I'm a bit torn. I absolutely hate y-split detachable cables, but this sounds like the best possible implementation. I was excited about the 8 wire Litz cables on the hunter...

Dec 5, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #9,317 of 24,683
The way I see it, if you decide to get an aftermarket cable, the performance would be limited by the stock cable after the y split. So would there be other models to choose from that has a better cable after the y split? Eg:silver Litz upocc cable?

Dec 5, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #9,318 of 24,683
Similarly, will there be any adapters?
Also, would there be any details as pertaining to the dac amp combo?

Dec 5, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #9,319 of 24,683
Lastly, will the y split jack be terminated in balanced?
This would be to cater to those people with players that have balanced output

Dec 5, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #9,320 of 24,683
Lastly, will the y split jack be terminated in balanced?
This would be to cater to those people with players that have balanced output
he said it would include balanced and standard options, so basically like the GR07X

Dec 5, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #9,321 of 24,683
he said it would include balanced and standard options, so basically like the GR07X

Thx for the insight.
Pretty against this change cos I'm a strong believer in 2 pin recessed or ue style connectors.

Dec 5, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #9,322 of 24,683
Thx for the insight.
Pretty against this change cos I'm a strong believer in 2 pin recessed or ue style connectors.

Yep, me too.  So much so that I'm just waiting on full details before deciding whether to cancel my Hunter or not... But leaning toward cancelling unless something really impressive comes up to change my mind.  The whole inline BT DAC thing sounds great and all but I have my doubts on whether that is worth giving up 2 pin connectors and full cable swaps for me.  One of the big selling points on the current trinity line was compatibility with normal 2 pin connectors as well as the trinity proprietary ones.  

Dec 5, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #9,323 of 24,683
There were problems with mmcx reliability. I didn't have problems on the original Atlas. Likely because I plugged the balanced Pono Player cable in and never changed them again.

The new Trinity designed 2 pin connections are causing problems. OK. Are there reliability problems with the standard 2 pin setup many other companies use?

One of the advantages of interchangeable Y cord is balanced operation. Cool. Another advantage is a dac. Why would I want a dac there? Seems like a poor place for a dac? Size and weight constraints would limit the dac quality.
Thanks

Dec 6, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #9,324 of 24,683
Will the new dual voice coil driver have more bass response? With these changes, I'd be looking at taking the dive on the PM6. However, the pm4 is just a smidge bass light for me. A little more warmth and bass would be worth it.

Or maybe I just need to find someone with a pair of IE80s for sale.

Dec 6, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #9,327 of 24,683
Big update from bob, I feel sorry for bob and his team as its blatant to see how hard these guys are working. I can only applaud that, to see so many of us guys stick by him and support him with this situation is great. This time of year is already a stress mess for the majority as is!

Right... last night, I understand what you guys mean by cable cut out, I sorted it soon enough after tweaking but basically, I changed filters and when i put my wooly hat back on after inserting IEM the left side was cut out. As I side, I got it working no dramas but I did panic for a minute. Also Trying to sort the cable problem and filters trying to sort it I lost a gun metal filter, how I dont know... so small and being flustered I just know I got one filter left lol. Whilst gutted I really only use silver or gold. I wanted more time with gun metal and ended up panicking thinking my IEM broke and lost a filter... great!

I will just buy a new pair of grey filters as I know I did enjoy their sound!

Now, onto his anouncement, for us people that have the PM4 already, there will be a trade in/offer to upgrade to the new design for a fee correct? Just for me to understand clearly.

After seeing the cut out with the cable, I would 100% go with paying to be upgraded, I had these at a great price and if my upgrading helps Trinity then everyones a winner. I thoroughly enjoy the pm4, ok, the filters are a bit cumbersome as the threadings aren't perfect and a few times ive had to bite down very slightly to get a proper grip to loosen them but im ok with that.

The new plans will be interesting to see how the upgrade offer will work. For now I will continue to enjoy these, and try to minimise future cut outs and panic lol

Dec 6, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #9,328 of 24,683
Will the new dual voice coil driver have more bass response? With these changes, I'd be looking at taking the dive on the PM6. However, the pm4 is just a smidge bass light for me. A little more warmth and bass would be worth it.

Or maybe I just need to find someone with a pair of IE80s for sale.

So even the bass enhanced filter didnt satisy you?.....

Dec 6, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #9,329 of 24,683
It's a fickle world.... at one moment you're a genious, the next you're burned at the stake. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Keep up the good work Bob. Can't wait for my PM4 and 6 to arrive.

Dec 6, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #9,330 of 24,683
Very pleased to hear @bobtrinity is working hard to fix the QC issues some have seen.

I don't quite follow the wired Dac point but I'm sure all will be explained soon.

My *only* concern is the fixed cable. All my iems, if they ever fail, are down to cable issues. I hope that, whatever solution trinity have for the attachment point is bulletproof.

Also. Please consider those of us who don't like memory wire. If the cable is fixed. There is no option for those who have issues with it.

Looking forward to more news later. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back