TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 2, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #9,121 of 24,683
My PM4 arrived two days ago without notification.

May ask you if your PM4 come with spinfit, as my iem come without them?

Already been said they ran out

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #9,122 of 24,683
  Got mine yesterday.
L3000.gif
Initial thoughts, impressive soundstage! But the bass is not so impressive. I like the the gun metal filters. Bass is not refined yet. So will give it a burn in.  Can anyone comment on the bass after burn-in? Does is improve?

If bass is your thing, then you should be using the silver filters.

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #9,123 of 24,683

If bass is your thing, then you should be using the silver filters.

Not really. I like gun metal filter. It has a plenty of bass for me. I'm actually glad now the bass got cleaned up after few hours of pink noise. I'm coming from an Ostry kc06A. The bass on those had a clean impact. pm4 has a thick bass, with more upper bass. I will get used to it in no time. I'll give it more time. btw i love the soundstage on these.

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #9,125 of 24,683
My PM4 arrived two days ago without notification.

May ask you if your PM4 come with spinfit, as my iem come without them?

Hey man, according to recent posts people have mentioned that Trinity seemed to have ran out of spinfits, so tha's why there isn't any.

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #9,126 of 24,683
mine arrived like 2 days ago and now being tranferred to my local P.O. might definitely get them next week.

I'm not expecting if my pm4 doesn't include a spinfit but it would be nice to have one since I lost my pair of spinfits couple of months ago.

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #9,128 of 24,683
  Another issue i´ve encountered so far. and more impressions

Im disapointed with the isolation but im well aware that anything that has dynamic drivers requires airflow and will therefore reduce isolation, i also should test it with comply instead of the spinfits.

but what worried me the most so far is that i´ve noticed that the connector issue is a symptom of a much deeper problem, theres a QC issue here, i can see that the right pod is significatly better built then the left pod. the two sides of the cnc machined pod are better fitted on the right pod and im expiriancing an issue which im not sure if its RMA worthy or just something i can decide to live with but sometimes when i put them on theres no sound on the left pod until i take out the connector and connect it again, i suspect it has do to with the left pod not being as well fitted as the right pod when it comes to putting both sides togather, usualy pushing in the connector a bit solves the issue and it dosnt repeat until i roll them up and put them in a case or my coat pocket, It dosnt always happen and it seems more a product of the cable not being fitted correctly the first time, but both pods show clear differences on how both sides are put togather.

I am having an identical issue... always after folding them up the left pod or both pods are virtually silent. I cranked up the volume a lot more and it turns out the left pod is still making sound but is much, much quieter. Also tested with different cables.. same result.

Furthermore, the L and R letters on the connectors are on opposite sides on each pod. L letter is on outside of connector and R letter is on inside of connector. The picture below shows the non-marked sides.

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #9,129 of 24,683
Hey guys, just thought I would say that the silver really is nice. I took it as an only choice but I dont know if I would change it if I could. Maybe the matt black but its not a major, just want a red case for them, silver and red is cool.

Also, how do spinfits affect the sound?

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #9,130 of 24,683

I am having an identical issue... always after folding them up the left pod or both pods are virtually silent. I cranked up the volume a lot more and it turns out the left pod is still making sound but is much, much quieter. Also tested with different cables.. same result.

Furthermore, the L and R letters on the connectors are on opposite sides on each pod. L letter is on outside of connector and R letter is on inside of connector. The picture below shows the non-marked sides.

Have you contacted jake@trinityaudioengineering.com ?

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #9,132 of 24,683
The large supplied silicone tip easily fits me the best, ordering the medium kombi was a mistake, oh well. I will re-order the large kombi aswell, how does the kombi compare to the supplied silicone? What differences if any have you guys noticed? I think the supplied tips are good fair play! Cheers

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #9,134 of 24,683
i´ve found that its the cable, when i used the memory wire cables the left plug is loose and twisting it resolves the issue temporarly until it moves again,

i used the normal non memory wire cable and found that the issue goes away,

Im just happy i can just send the cable away instead of the whole headphone.

Dec 2, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #9,135 of 24,683
Another BIG thumbs up to Trinity Audio's customer service. After the issue I was experiencing (post # 9128), I contacted Jake at Trinity Audio. A few emails later, the decision was made to send me a new PM4 pair! 
I am very, very happy with this customer service! 
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back