TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 1, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #9,076 of 24,683
@Aevum
have have you tried combi/sony hybrid tips? They provide much better isolation, than spinfits do.
@olivierhacking
they are also increase amount of bass, have you tried 'em? What dap are you using for pm4? I've noticed that lack of power leads to lack of bass in pm4.
I like isolation with combi, but they provide too much bass for my liking (with gunmetal filters), so I ok with spinfits for now.

I am running it straight from Samsung Galaxy S7 (Exynos). But also tested with Dell XPS laptop, again lacking bass.
I have not tried combi/ sony tips. Just all tips included with PM4.

Dec 1, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #9,078 of 24,683
Is there any tips known to primarily affect sound by increasing soundstage, clarity etc?

Are certain tips known to achieve a certain difference?

Does a narrow bore for example increase/decrease treble? a wide bore increase bass or soundstage?

Curious, the pm4 has foam tips supplied that seem really wide bore'd

Cheers

Dec 1, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #9,079 of 24,683
Hmm, mine have a strange issue. After every time I tidy them up and then use them again, there is no sound despite the cables being connected properly. This also happens if they are tapped or dropped softly onto a table. Only by unplugging and replugging the cables do the iems work again...

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #9,080 of 24,683

This is troubling, as I have the Hunter on pre-order.

A friend of mine got the Atlas after I recommended them, only to have an earpiece randomly fall apart, and THEN had cable connection issues. Poor guy... has had to do two warranty claims already and I think he mentioned communication being incredibly slow. I hope things improve before my Hunters ship.

Same here ,  these QC issues make me little afraid , 

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #9,083 of 24,683
It seems the QC and other issues of PM4 are stsrt to coming out from different owners , 

Indeed. I had to replace the Sabre twice, because of that particular issue.
Also, I don't think that this is due to QC errors, but rather because of the design. The glue used inside the shells does not hold up for very long. Even more so around the connector.
Replacement is easy for us, but this puts strain on Jake and the crew. Could be very much something to look at Bobtrinity.

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #9,084 of 24,683
Hi guys

Considering the amount we shipped any initial problems have been very low, but as with everything internet always the bad gets shouted about long before the good.

The sabre has had a complete rework from the shell, drivers and cable and an updated version will be coming soon as a triple driver hybrid.

Any issues we solve and always try and solve quickly. I think this explains why over 70% of customers are repeat buyers.

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #9,086 of 24,683
Hi guys

Considering the amount we shipped any initial problems have been very low, but as with everything internet always the bad gets shouted about long before the good.

The sabre has had a complete rework from the shell, drivers and cable and an updated version will be coming soon as a triple driver hybrid.

Any issues we solve and always try and solve quickly. I think this explains why over 70% of customers are repeat buyers.

Triple driver, you say? Is that going to be dual push/pull with a single BA, or a single DD like the Vyrus avid the dual BA from the PM4?

All you need now is the "basshead" 5 driver model to complement the 6 driver PM6 and Hunters and you've got most configurations covered! Well, for a few months at least... :wink:

Dec 1, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #9,087 of 24,683
Triple driver, you say? Is that going to be dual push/pull with a single BA, or a single DD like the Vyrus avid the dual BA from the PM4?

All you need now is the "basshead" 5 driver model to complement the 6 driver PM6 and Hunters and you've got most configurations covered! Well, for a few months at least...
wink.gif

I'd pre-order a basshead model today!! Hey @Bobtrinity, this man is making sense right here.

Dec 1, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #9,088 of 24,683

Hi again @Bobtrinity,

Well, this is interesting news
biggrin.gif

I wanted to touch on the delicate issue that myself and a few others have raised regarding the possibly 'hot' treble, forward and emphasised cymbals/percussion and PM4's handling of complex music, especially with all those things at once!
As I've been at great pains to point out, I may well be physically treble sensitive and there haven't been many people voicing this issue, so the last thing I want to do is spread any bad press!
I think the PM4's are an outstanding achievement and a terrific IEM, no question.

But I do have 3 questions lol:

1) I was wondering though; the effects I've reported above, are they the same kind of thing that Brooko and yourself discussed with regards to the PM6?
I think I recall something about the treble being a bit 'hot',such that you decided to make changes?

2) And were those changes done by re-tuning internally, or just with the new triple-bore filters (or both)?

3) And would those new filters be compatible with the PM4's(and could they be expected to work well with the PM4's different sound signature)?

For me, assuming they were, and they worked well with the PM4, that would remove the only niggle I have about them and make them pretty much perfect.
Until I hear the PM6, obviously. Or the Sagaris heart-restarting product
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back