TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Nov 29, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #8,941 of 24,683
whats your thoughts?

I've only listened for maybe 10 minutes but my first impressions with the stock tips and nozzle.... I really like it 
etysmile.gif

Only the cable was a bit difficult to connect, fitting is very tight. Also I'm mailing @Bobtrinity as I have some questions about the included accessories and my missing silver cable.

Nov 29, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #8,942 of 24,683
I am quite new to iems, was always into full size phones, but from my experience I can say PM4 is on a different level compared to any other that I have and on black friday I ordered Hunter, so I am afraid even to imagine what it will sound like :wink:

You have: Ostry kc06a and the legendary Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition. How do they compare to them? I have the Ostry also, they are very special for the price, tad hot on some songs but 90% there.

Nov 29, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #8,944 of 24,683

Have you had any luck sorting this out? Was listening to the new King of Leon and some of the tracks Caleb's voice is just horribly piercing and weird.

Also I'm getting a bit fed up of my cable cutting out on the left ear.

I am not who you were responding to, but I noticed some of the same thing. With certain tracks, the voices would be a bit piercing, and trables, especially cymbals would start to sound distorted and ringing like the other poster said. Mostly with rock/alternative tracks where the drums and cymbals are more forward in the mix combined with a lot of electric guitars.

I am not a big believer in burn in, with the exception of maybe brain burn in and adjusting to the sound, but after a few days they definitely seemed to ease up a bit. I also have found that using dampened filters helps, and I am now trying kombi tips, which also seem to be helping a bit for me as well.

Its kind of a shame about those because a lot of tracks sound really great.

Nov 29, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #8,945 of 24,683

I am not who you were responding to, but I noticed some of the same thing. With certain tracks, the voices would be a bit piercing, and trables, especially cymbals would start to sound distorted and ringing like the other poster said. Mostly with rock/alternative tracks where the drums and cymbals are more forward in the mix combined with a lot of electric guitars.

I am not a big believer in burn in, with the exception of maybe brain burn in and adjusting to the sound, but after a few days they definitely seemed to ease up a bit. I also have found that using dampened filters helps, and I am now trying kombi tips, which also seem to be helping a bit for me as well.

Its kind of a shame about those because a lot of tracks sound really great.

Yup, I also reported the same thing. In fact, I may have been the first one to raise the issue.
A trailblazer on Head-Fi; that's a new experience for me
biggrin.gif

I feel it's eased up slightly with (brain?) burn-in.  As I mentioned in my last post, I'm enjoying the clarity, detail and imaging so much that I've switched to the gold undamped filters anyway to kick it into overdrive (was on gunmetal before)
basshead.gif

Something I've noticed more specifically is that the PM4 really accentuates/highlights percussion. I have no idea how or why. I don't know if this counts as part of the 'treble'.
It could be that the combination of this, in conjunction with slightly hot treble is causing the overwhelm effect in people with treble sensitivity listening to certain kinds of music?

Nov 29, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #8,946 of 24,683

Yup, I also reported the same thing. In fact, I may have been the first one to raise the issue.
A trailblazer on Head-Fi; that's a new experience for me
biggrin.gif

I feel it's eased up slightly with (brain?) burn-in.  As I mentioned in my last post, I'm enjoying the clarity, detail and imaging so much that I've switched to the gold undamped filters anyway to kick it into overdrive (was on gunmetal before)
basshead.gif

Something I've noticed more specifically is that the PM4 really accentuates/highlights percussion. I have no idea how or why. I don't know if this counts as part of the 'treble'.
It could be that the combination of this, in conjunction with slightly hot treble is causing the overwhelm effect in people with treble sensitivity listening to certain kinds of music?

Heh, yea I mentioned the same thing in my initial impressions a number of pages back. I do also agree with you about that extra sparkle and clarity using the undamped. I have just found them difficult to listen to with any of the undamped filters. Though maybe I should give them a try again with the kombi tips. I think though the gold just doesnt offer quite as much bass as I want, and obviously the gunmetal is damped only... perhaps time to give the undamped silvers a try and see if thats a good match for me now.

As I said, I also dont really believe in burn in, and I havent done an actual burn in period, just have been listening to them quite a bit since I got them, so either they have actually burned in, or the more I listen the more I get used to the sound.

Either way, still need my replacements for the threading issues I have. Will be interesting to see if I can notice any difference when I swap them out.

Nov 29, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #8,947 of 24,683
I have only been listening to the PM4 for less than 2 hours but first impressions are very positive. For the price paid these are a bargain. I know many of us have bought on pre-order and been waiting long time, but still :grinning:.

I use gold filter and foam tips. Bass is quality, I love this kind of bass. Clarity and details more than OK. Big soundstage. Maybe a bit too bright treble, will have to give it more time and try different filters and tips.

Thanks Bob and Trinity :thumbsup:

Nov 29, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #8,948 of 24,683

Heh, yea I mentioned the same thing in my initial impressions a number of pages back. I do also agree with you about that extra sparkle and clarity using the undamped. I have just found them difficult to listen to with any of the undamped filters. Though maybe I should give them a try again with the kombi tips. I think though the gold just doesnt offer quite as much bass as I want, and obviously the gunmetal is damped only... perhaps time to give the undamped silvers a try and see if thats a good match for me now.

As I said, I also dont really believe in burn in, and I havent done an actual burn in period, just have been listening to them quite a bit since I got them, so either they have actually burned in, or the more I listen the more I get used to the sound.

Either way, still need my replacements for the threading issues I have. Will be interesting to see if I can notice any difference when I swap them out.

Thank you for your $0.02!

Ok maybe I'll try to leave it playing all day then..how many hours you think you have accumulated?

Kombi tips..ok I'll try.  I have never known to get small, medium or large? Maybe I will try the other tips again I have only been using Foam. I'm using the V Damp tips atm.

Nov 29, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #8,949 of 24,683
Thank you for your $0.02!

Ok maybe I'll try to leave it playing all day then..how many hours you think you have accumulated?

Kombi tips..ok I'll try.  I have never known to get small, medium or large? Maybe I will try the other tips again I have only been using Foam. I'm using the V Damp tips atm.

I would imagine I have probably 30 or 40 hours with them at least.

I am not sure if you will notice any difference with foam vs kombi as I think foam already gives you whatever slight treble reduction there might be with the kombi tips. Though if you still want to get them just figure out which size of the standard tips you would use then get that size.

Nov 29, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #8,950 of 24,683
I still don't think it's sold out. I was worried when I ordered and still am. I just hope there not flooded with orders and the site can't keep track. Ugh???

Lol. Talking to you got me hyped and I cancelled a PM6 and bought the Gunmetal Hunter as well. (And then Atlas-Delta as price was excellent too-I'm nuts)

I am not blaming you(hehe) but your knowledge was very helpful and I'm the one benefiting.

The price on BF allowed to me to do that.

THANK YOU- Bob for the great discount.

I'd love to cancel my PM6 for a hunter. But KS backers can't do that! :frowning2:

Gotta be satisfied with my PM6 and 4 I guess......for now

Nov 29, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #8,951 of 24,683
  Any thoughts on Hunter vs. PM6 - which one be more suitable for someone who is treble sensitive? Thanks!

These come with filters that we can use to adjust the sound signature. There'll be a few filters that will produce less treble or smooth treble for those allergic to it. So no need to worry. Get a well tuned IEM and put filters that suit you most and rock on!!

Nov 29, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #8,953 of 24,683
I've had my PM4s for about a week now and have put a good amount of time on them. I am still going back and forth between the gunmetal filter and the golds but right now am enjoying the gold undamped.

I was traveling over the weekend and noticed a problem with the volume control on the inline remote. I have been mostly listening on my iPhone 7 via the apple lightning to 3.5mm adapter. The play/pause works but the volume controls do not work at all. I tried on my MacBook Pro via the 3.5mm out and I was getting strange behavior where the play/pause would work but the volume controls would work for only one press until the song was paused and resumed by the remote, and would again work for only one press. I emailed Jake and he said this is an issue with he iPhone 6 and newer apple products, though my MacBook is about 4 years old and all the other inline remotes I have used have worked without issue. I was just wondering if other people with iPhones and/or MacBooks were having similar issues with the inline remotes. I haven't seen this discussed yet, but its a big thread, sorry if this has already been addressed.

Nov 29, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #8,954 of 24,683
Anyone knows when the BF orders are going to ship?

Depends on what you ordered. PM6/ Hunter are not in production yet so current estimate is Jan. If you ordered PM4 or something else already in production it will ship soon if it hasn't already.

Nov 29, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #8,955 of 24,683

Users who are viewing this thread

Back