TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Nov 7, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #7,411 of 24,683
  Funnily enough I had a dream about creating a Smartphone with Bob this morning but I digress.

Well I don't want to give away too much, let's just say if you wanted something that could pretty much do it all you'll be looking at it. That's enough right.....

Oooh TriDSD?

Nov 7, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #7,412 of 24,683

Indeed.  Have had it a week or so and have put through 200-300 pellets. PACT 1 chrony work too.  No smoking or dieseling thankfully.  Finding it generating >20fpe (as an aside the .177 flavor is a 15 fpe class rifle).  After I hit 500 pellets and the rig is fully broken in I'll do some serious accuracy (initial indications are outstanding) and pellet evaluation work.

That old British Webley sat in storage for almost 40 years.  The original spring and PTFE seals are still functional.  Performance is about 90-95% of what it was when new.  Bought it in person at Beeman's old storefront in San Rafeal.

BTW that P1322 is amazing, especially for $70 sans scope.  The carbine configuration worked great with the peep sight.  But couldn't resist a special from Cabela's where that 3x32 scope was offered for $10 on special sale :)  Not only accurate but chrony results show SD (standard deviation) of 3 to 5 depending on number of pumps.  ES (extreme spread) is also in the 3 to 5 range which is astounding.  Rated at 460 fps I'm getting 457 with a stock setup and 10 pumps with 14.3g fodder.  I usually use 4 or 6 downstairs though.  Can't complain at all.

Y E S  !!!  There are other fun hobbies besides audio (which has been part of my life since my pre-teen years).  LOL

Nov 8, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #7,413 of 24,683

Completely understand.   

Mainly because of health issues I've rediscovered airguns after a 40+ year absence.  Been blasting away at my downstairs 10m improvised range.  Lots of stress relief from well you know... PM4 delivery, US Prez election, et cetera.  LOL

That's a 1978 Webley .177 in the middle that had been in storage for nearly 4 decades.  The other two are this years acquisitions, both .22.

I actually have owned a Gamo Varmint Hunter for a few years now. I haven't been giving it nearly the attention it deserves here recently though. That thing is rather beastly for an air rifle. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 8, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #7,414 of 24,683
  At the beginning, the first time it was mentioned, I thought it was going to be an in-car stereo system. Seemed the logical choice.
Has this been suggested/rebuffed already?
Oh, the fun we have.. at least the PM4 and PM6 pre-order delivery days are ticking ever closer as I speculate
biggrin.gif

I was thinking in car until Bob said the 10 hour battery, but that will be highly portable, indeed 
etysmile.gif

Nov 8, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #7,416 of 24,683
He's making a very portable stereo setup? Lol :p . In all seriousness, about the only things we know is what he just recently teased about it and that it'll be portable and quite high-end.

Bringing back the boom box? Sweet!

Nov 8, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #7,420 of 24,683
Should work out fine straight out from your iPhone since Bob did testings using his iPhone 5s.

Nov 8, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #7,421 of 24,683
Has there been any mention on how the PM4 would run from a Phone ( I have a IPhone 6S +) or  is a amp needed as well ?

In testing, Bob ran the Master 4 and 6 from his iPhone 5s and felt it drove those IEM well.

So in general they should perform well with a smart phone that has a reasonable amp/dac. If I'm not mistaken Bob's desire was to ensure that they would perform really well with our smartphones but of course would shine with a separate amp/DAC.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but this is one of the main reasons I was so pleased with the phantom line, I did not have to invest in other equipment to get beautiful sounding IEM s

Nov 8, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #7,422 of 24,683
In testing, Bob ran the Master 4 and 6 from his iPhone 5s and felt it drove those IEM well.

So in general they should perform well with a smart phone that has a reasonable amp/dac. If I'm not mistaken Bob's desire was to ensure that they would perform really well with our smartphones but of course would shine with a separate amp/DAC.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but this is one of the main reasons I was so pleased with the phantom line, I did not have to invest in other equipment to get beautiful sounding IEM s

Thats correct, they will all run fine from a decent phone, but they really open up with more power behind them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back