TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Sep 9, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #5,851 of 24,683
Guessing they are going for the non-audiophile market who cruise the crowdfunding sites for things like wireless earbuds - the last few attempts on Kickstarter raised millions (EarIn etc) so hopefully Trinity can grab a decent slice of the pie and really catapult into the public mainstream. Will give Bob & Co more cash to keep developing all these other crazy ideas he has for people like the HeadFi crowd here! :wink:

Plus, unlike those other ones, we can expect sound to actually be good rather than passable.

Sep 9, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #5,852 of 24,683
Plus, unlike those other ones, we can expect sound to actually be good rather than passable.

If it's the same 7mm driver and set of tuning filters as the Vyrus (looks like it might be), then the sound should be excellent. Roll on the Kickstarter! I'm trying to keep my powder dry for the launch of the Phoenix, but it's difficult at the moment. Too much shiny new gear!

Sep 9, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #5,854 of 24,683

I'm little bit scared of build quality of PM4 what I have ordered about 2 months, so I hope on the screenshot above is just some pre-production sample of these. :confused:

I would imagine that Bob is opening this unit up a lot for tuning purposes. I can assure you that there are no such imperfections with the Sabres that I ordered so I would expect the PM4 to be fine too. Obviously with any manufacturing process you are going to get a few duds. Remember that only the few people with problems will post their photos. The vast majority of happy people do not.

Sep 9, 2016 at 6:02 AM Post #5,855 of 24,683
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but are you planning on producing cables that work with Apple's new lightning audio connection for your products Bob? I know that you have the Bluetooth lanyards which remedy that problem but sometimes, having a nicely made cable for when you don't want to charge your bluetooth products is a nifty bonus. Oh, and I do know that Apple has other options to remedy this problem such as the lightning to 3.5mm adaptor but I was just curious as to if Trinity was interested in producing a 2-pin to lightning connection cable for the push pull series.

Sep 9, 2016 at 6:22 AM Post #5,858 of 24,683

I'm little bit scared of build quality of PM4 what I have ordered about 2 months, so I hope on the screenshot above is just some pre-production sample of these. :confused:

I would imagine that Bob is opening this unit up a lot for tuning purposes. I can assure you that there are no such imperfections with the Sabres that I ordered so I would expect the PM4 to be fine too. Obviously with any manufacturing process you are going to get a few duds. Remember that only the few people with problems will post their photos. The vast majority of happy people do not.

Yes, and to add to... what has been mentioned much is BOB's top shelf customer service. I have to say trinity makes great products and you are in good hands IF you need help with them.

Sep 9, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #5,860 of 24,683
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but are you planning on producing cables that work with Apple's new lightning audio connection for your products Bob? I know that you have the Bluetooth lanyards which remedy that problem but sometimes, having a nicely made cable for when you don't want to charge your bluetooth products is a nifty bonus. Oh, and I do know that Apple has other options to remedy this problem such as the lightning to 3.5mm adaptor but I was just curious as to if Trinity was interested in producing a 2-pin to lightning connection cable for the push pull series.

I think it might be too costly, considering Apple puts a patent on every damn thing they invent, and the licence to produce lightning cables would push the price of Trinity Audio products far too high to even break even. Such methods would be better reserved for largee companies, who can reap the economies of scale more easily than a small company like Bob's

Sep 9, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #5,861 of 24,683
The video is a good first step. Yesterday, with apple's keynote, would have been the perfect moment to have the air on kickstarter. Anyway, good place good time, this seems a very good move for Trinity and I hope Bob will have the horrible headache of needing to send a few thousand units of the air :beerchug:

... but before the kickstarter ends, I hope he will be able to send the pm4's :wink:

Sep 9, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #5,863 of 24,683
I got a pack of the Kombi tips from Bob to try and report back. They are very similar to the old Sony Hybrid Isolation tips (the stuffed ones) with a piece of foam stuffed inside the silicone tip. For me, it improves isolation a little more than just the tip, and it does not affect the sound signature nearly as much as comply (which I do not like using at all for that reason). I had the large, and they fit very similar to the Sony Hybrid tips I use regularly (look very similar too). I feel like the biggest trade off with the tips, for my anatomy, was just a slight reduction in soundstage. Otherwise I didn't notice any significant change in sound signature compared to just the silicone, which is a good thing.

With some use (a few days) I noticed they did not attach to my iem stem as strongly, and one tip actually fell off the iem when in use, leaving the tip in my ear. I am sure this is an isolated incident, but it happened so I thought I should mention it.

Overall, if you are looking for a bit more isolation than a typical silicone tip gives, and don't like foam for whatever reason, I recommend trying out the Kombi tips by Trinity!

Sep 9, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #5,864 of 24,683
I think it might be too costly, considering Apple puts a patent on every damn thing they invent, and the licence to produce lightning cables would push the price of Trinity Audio products far too high to even break even. Such methods would be better reserved for largee companies, who can reap the economies of scale more easily than a small company like Bob's

There was no detail, but Bob did get that question about the rumoured headphone socket disappearing from the iPhone. He said that he had a solution, but no more that has since been mentioned.

Sep 9, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #5,865 of 24,683
Hearing this kind of thing actually put me off :/ hopefully it doesnt keep occuring and can be fixed so it doesnt keep happening.

Ehh there is going to be defects in manufacturing. It happens

Users who are viewing this thread

Back