TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 27, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #3,286 of 24,683
  one of the main reason i get is the comment "delta on steroids" 
biggrin.gif

Exactly Audio, I've been jamming away on my new Sabre's and I was deciding how much better they are than the Delta V2 but they are close but different. Not to contradict myself but even though they are two totally different designs they come very close to the same SS. Sabre's are starting to open up a little more but I don't think they are as big a step up from the DV2 as the PM4 will be, I base the steroid comment on adding a couple BA's to the Sabre and as I've said before Bob does not push to the next model unless he has better outcome. We have also seen Bob stop the train in it's track's ala the Vyrus which will now come with filters, he obviously found an option to increase SQ on the Vyrus and keep it in the same budget (man should be commended on that alone, I've always thought there should be some kind of award or recognition for a good case of anal retentiveness
blink.gif
) Sorry Bob but if it help I have it all the time, drives some of my wing-nut co-workers crazy
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Jun 27, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #3,287 of 24,683
Order placed for the Master 4.  Thanks Podster!  LOL

A hint to folks about ordering.  If you go with Paypal and use a credit card be sure to opt to allow your credit card company to do the currency conversion rather than Paypal as the later r-e-a-l-l-y socks it to you.   (Some interesting reading: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Buying-with-PayPal/PayPal-exchange-rates-are-poor/td-p/758943/page/3?profile.language=en-gb ).    Bob also has a straight credit card payment option for those that prefer.

Just checked my cc account which shows a pending payment of $125.27.

Jun 27, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #3,289 of 24,683
  Order placed for the Master 4.  Thanks Podster!  LOL

A hint to folks about ordering.  If you go with Paypal and use a credit card be sure to opt to allow your credit card company to do the currency conversion rather than Paypal as the later r-e-a-l-l-y socks it to you.   (Some interesting reading: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Buying-with-PayPal/PayPal-exchange-rates-are-poor/td-p/758943/page/3?profile.language=en-gb ).    Bob also has a straight credit card payment option for those that prefer.

wonder what exchange rate they used.  The current is $1.32/pound.  that could include the foreign transaction fee?

Jun 27, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #3,290 of 24,683

Order placed for the Master 4.

wonder what exchange rate they used.  The current is $1.32/pound.  that could include the foreign transaction fee?

Again the one you cite (~$115) is a wholesale one.  So you have to figure a somewhat less favorable rate plus a transaction fee for the purchase. 

ADDENDUM:

After pondering things and seeing that the pending charge represented a rate of 1.485 instead of closer to the actual 1.32 I called my bank's credit card folks.  Spent 45 minutes getting bounced around.  No transaction fees but some weird extraneous currency issues.  What they ultimately told me about them didn't pass the sanity check so I've sent an urgent PM to Bob at Trinity.

Bob ended up calling me and we had a most enjoyable conversation.  Great guy.
  Very strange happenings didn't pass his sanity check either.  Cancelled the previous order and reordered via Paypal which showed a charge of $118.83
  Exchange rate: 1 USD = 0.733881 GBP or ~ 1.36 GBP to USD

Good to go!

Jun 27, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #3,291 of 24,683
whoops i accidentally pressed that buy button on pm4 :)

Jun 27, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #3,292 of 24,683
Again the one you cite (~$115) is a wholesale one.  So you have to figure a somewhat less favorable rate plus a transaction fee for the purchase. 

ADDENDUM:

After pondering things and seeing that the pending charge represented a rate of 1.485 instead of closer to the actual 1.32 I called my bank's credit card folks.  Spent 45 minutes getting bounced around.  No transaction fees but some weird extraneous currency issues.  What they ultimately told me about them didn't pass the sanity check so I've sent an urgent PM to Bob at Trinity.

Very strange happenings didn't pass his sanity check either.  Cancelled the previous order and reordered via Paypal which showed a charge of $118.83
  Exchange rate: 1 USD = 0.733881 GBP or ~ 1.36 GBP to USD

Good to go!

He called you from the UK?!

Jun 27, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #3,293 of 24,683
Exactly Audio, I've been jamming away on my new Sabre's and I was deciding how much better they are than the Delta V2 but they are close but different. Not to contradict myself but even though they are two totally different designs they come very close to the same SS. Sabre's are starting to open up a little more but I don't think they are as big a step up from the DV2 as the PM4 will be, I base the steroid comment on adding a couple BA's to the Sabre and as I've said before Bob does not push to the next model unless he has better outcome. We have also seen Bob stop the train in it's track's ala the Vyrus which will now come with filters, he obviously found an option to increase SQ on the Vyrus and keep it in the same budget (man should be commended on that alone, I've always thought there should be some kind of award or recognition for a good case of anal retentiveness:blink: ) Sorry Bob but if it help I have it all the time, drives some of my wing-nut co-workers crazy:D

:beerchug:
with the extra BA, reckon a higher resolution. After all delta on steroids!

Jun 27, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #3,294 of 24,683

Good to go!

He called you from the UK?!

Yup.  To South Dakota.  Talked for 55 minutes covering a wide variety of topics!   Can you spell C-U-S-T-O-M-E-R   S-E-R-V-I-C-E ?   
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

Jun 27, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #3,299 of 24,683

Yup.  To South Dakota.  Talked for 55 minutes covering a wide variety of topics!   Can you spell C-U-S-T-O-M-E-R   S-E-R-V-I-C-E ?   
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

Did you get any update on when we can expect shipping to start on the PM 4?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back