TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 21, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #2,941 of 24,683

and that doesn't even include the kombi tips coming soon!

OMG the Kombi tips, too
blink.gif
!!  There's no stopping BOB.  

He won't stop one-upping himself even down to the eartips.  He's a mad man I'd be crazy not to buy IEM's from. 
basshead.gif

Jun 21, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #2,942 of 24,683
Also, in the site the point system is kind of weird. You need 50/100 points for a 5/10 pound discount, which kinda makes sense, but why does the amount of points needed become higher as the discount goes up (after the 100 point one)? 1000 points can get you twenty of the 5 pound discount which you get half of if you choose the 50 one.

Edit: Now thinking about it, you may not be able to stack the same discount? Maybe so people need to buy more to take advantage of the discount? Sounds like a neat strategy!

Jun 21, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #2,943 of 24,683
  Also, in the site the point system is kind of weird. You need 50/100 points for a 5/10 pound discount, which kinda makes sense, but why does the amount of points needed become higher as the discount goes up (after the 100 point one)? 1000 points can get you twenty of the 5 pound discount which you get half of if you choose the 50 one.

Edit: Now thinking about it, you may not be able to stack the same discount? Maybe so people need to buy more to take advantage of the discount? Sounds like a neat strategy!

You can only use one code per order, so you can't stack the lower value codes on an order to equal the higher ones, hence why the higher ones need more points.

Edit: Ah I see you figured it out, nvm! :)

Jun 22, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #2,947 of 24,683
  Master 6 isn't like the hunter, so it's not limited to 1000 units per year. Might as well wait for a review just before the preorder price disappears .

Might be a close call on the pre-order pricing. The community members either just received final units or almost have received them. And given that they do very good thorough reviews, you can expect reviews like a couple weeks after they get them. But they'll be top-notch reviews
wink.gif

Jun 22, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #2,948 of 24,683
I predict that this year's Hunters will sell out the same day a review gets published on Head-Fi.
On that day we will also read a long series of posts from those who pre-ordered the Phantom 6, asking to upgrade to Hunter.
But by then they will be sold out, if not already sold out even before we had a chance to read any reviews (more than half of this years Hunters are already gone).

On the other hand, we know that Bob likes to tweak his gear to perfection from generation one to two, so I'm also predicting that 2017 version of the Hunter will be slightly improved, compared to the 2016 version.
But then, one can wait until infinity in hope of an improved next gen unit and I want to go hunting in the late fall.
So therefore, I bit the bullet, burned my wallet, and pre-ordered a Hunter to be on the safe side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back