TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 7, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #13,681 of 24,683
@Bobtrinity

Would it be possible for an update today regarding on how your progressing with PM6 and Hunter orders?
What percentage is shipped etc out of the 290.
Thanks

Bob said he will be off of Head-Fi from yesterday til next Tuesday as he is at Canjam

Apr 7, 2017 at 4:48 AM Post #13,682 of 24,683
I don't think he was trolling, as far as I know all e-mails from Trinity are in the xxx@trinityaudioengineering.com form
no I didn't mean my comment to be taken as such. I have communication with hbb on other threads. I genuinely mean how sad must someone be to create a fake email and start messing people around fronting as trinity

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:10 AM Post #13,684 of 24,683
Do you mean like the little booklet that came with the Vyrus 2 describing the tonal differences of the filters? Yes, it was helpful when I was trying out the different filters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The booklet with the masters i got doesnt correspond with colours its for atlas delta and sabres/ vyrus.

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #13,685 of 24,683
Do you mean like the little booklet that came with the Vyrus 2 describing the tonal differences of the filters? Yes, it was helpful when I was trying out the different filters.

The booklet with the masters i got doesnt correspond with colours its for atlas delta and sabres/ vyrus.

Oh.. surely they have the same purpose though?? I wouldn't expect trinity to make a gunmetal filter that does 2 different things based on what it's for. I thought the top section was for atlas, master, delta, and bottom section for sabre. Can't check the guide as I'm at work ( Vyrus are with me though! :-D)

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #13,686 of 24,683
My apologies to the user if they are completely genuine... but there is someone called bobtrinjty on here. Seems like an attempt to try and make people think they are dealing with bobtrinity to me.

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #13,687 of 24,683

I don't think he was trolling, as far as I know all e-mails from Trinity are in the xxx@trinityaudioengineering.com form

I wasn't trolling.

gmail is not a platform they use. Just a public service announcement. Some folks know and some did not. Now ya'll know. Enjoy the gear. looks great.

Apr 7, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #13,688 of 24,683
What seems like ages ago when I commented on my new Sabres that they should have included a piece of paper describing the filter coding, and everyone poo-poo'ed me saying "go look online"... how's that working out for y'all today on these new deliveries :) See, including that little chart WITH the product would really be helpful now, wouldn't it.

Luckily, you're not bitter or anything :wink:

Have to say though, I agree completely. I have have a whole load of filters and no idea what they do. Yes, I know I could just st test them all, but that would involve excessive effort on my part lol :p

In response to a previous question, all of the new filters are undamped (or at least no damping is visible)

Apr 7, 2017 at 6:06 AM Post #13,689 of 24,683
For a while, it was almost impossible to get them past the second lip.. so I thought that was as far as they could go.

when I got a bit heavy handed, I got them down past the second lip which is where the hole would be (I'm currently testing out the Silver tips, so no hole on those). I much prefer this sound so far.. but I'm probably ruining my ears or something :rolleyes: . Or mayb that's not how far they are supposed to go on.
I use the Gold tips on my Vyrus 1, so I'll try those next!

In that case, would you like to take one for the team and do an experiment? :)
Try just putting the tip on normally and cover up the tiny hole/port/vent with a tiny piece of sellotape or similar?

Then see if the sound is the same. I can't find any sellotape, in response to the obvious rejoinder :D

Apr 7, 2017 at 6:06 AM Post #13,690 of 24,683
To my ears the Masters overall are colder than the PM4, with the gunmetal filter as a reference on both sets of IEMs there is a little less bass on the masters but they don't have the treble spikes that people disliked on the PM4s
I am not getting any sibilance unless it is already on the song but if it's there the masters will definitely find it, they will demand your full attention when you listen to them. Obviously you can get more bass when changing the filters but I found using the foam tips increases the sub bass.
I have only listened to them for about 4 hours so the sound may smooth out (for those that believe in burn in) also I have only used my Aune M1s which is not exactly a warm source. Later I will try them with my Denon desktop which is warm and musical and my Fiio X7 with viper effects bass turned on and then I am going to put my O.C.D into overdrive by trying all the filters lol

Apr 7, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #13,691 of 24,683
For a while, it was almost impossible to get them past the second lip.. so I thought that was as far as they could go.

when I got a bit heavy handed, I got them down past the second lip which is where the hole would be (I'm currently testing out the Silver tips, so no hole on those). I much prefer this sound so far.. but I'm probably ruining my ears or something :rolleyes: . Or mayb that's not how far they are supposed to go on.
I use the Gold tips on my Vyrus 1, so I'll try those next!

In that case, would you like to take one for the team and do an experiment? :)
Try just putting the tip on normally and cover up the tiny hole/port/vent with a tiny piece of sellotape or similar?

Then see if the sound is the same. I can't find any sellotape, in response to the obvious rejoinder :D

I'd be happy to! I'm at work at the moment, so won't be for a while yet, but can test a theory!

However, I'm not sure the hole is actually responsible for the specific issue I was having. I was using the silver filters, which have no hole, so can't be that. Someone please call me out on this if it's completely false logic, but here what I think was happening....

Due to me not managing to push the tip down far enough, the tip may have been distorting its shape in my ear canal, thus changing the sound. When I kept messing with it and got it all the way down, that distortion of the tip was no longer happening, so got the full effect of the sound.

When pushing the tips on, I have found that they like to 'grab' at a point and not go any further. If you can't see the flat end of the tip (nearest the body of the IEM) this is probably what has happened... keep forcing it on until it's over that second ridge and looks like it's all passed. Then try again.
For me, it was night and day between half way down and all the way down. Tinny vs full and rich.

Probably obvious to many, but maybe not others.
Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back