TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 6, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #13,606 of 24,683
How does the weight of the new vyrus compare to the original? 

They look like they will be slightly heavier because they look more robust but they're just as 'forget one is even wearing them' comfortable in use as the original Vyrus IEMs. I don't have access to any suitable scales to weigh them I'm afraid so that's the best I can tell you.

Apr 6, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #13,607 of 24,683
They look like they will be slightly heavier because they look more robust but they're just as 'forget one is even wearing them' comfortable in use as the original Vyrus IEMs. I don't have access to any suitable scales to weigh them I'm afraid so that's the best I can tell you.

Is it more of a shiny polished aluminum look? I was under the impression that it would be more gunmetal. Was the first one more gunmetal in color? I have one on order, but I only ordered it like last month so I'm can't really be expecting to get it so soon. Maybe it'll come in next week.

Apr 6, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #13,610 of 24,683
  So are the Master Phantom 6 now coming with the Y cable??????????

Pretty sure the current batch of PM6 and Hunters are coming with standard 2 pin connectors. But all future production runs will be with the y cable.

Apr 6, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #13,611 of 24,683
Is it more of a shiny polished aluminum look? I was under the impression that it would be more gunmetal. Was the first one more gunmetal in color? I have one on order, but I only ordered it like last month so I'm can't really be expecting to get it so soon. Maybe it'll come in next week.

Yes, to both questions but judge for yourself:

Original Vyrus on the left and new Vyrus on the right.

Apr 6, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #13,612 of 24,683

Masters should also come with Spinfits according to the website, so looks like they were missed too. Knowing first hand how amazing Jake and the team are I am sure if you email him they will get it sorted very quickly.

I really want to know the situation with the 2.5mm TRRS cable! It was a big selling point for me.

They are oxygen free copper and balanced until the y-split. If I remember right it was due to the fact that everyone wanted removable cables just in case they wanted to go balanced in the future, so Trinity accommodated everyone by making them balanced until the Y-split.

Now everyone that wants a balanced cable made can just purchase or make themselves a male-to-female balanced cable that will connect the Y-split to your DAC/AMP. I don't remember seeing that they would come with a balanced cable that connects the DAC and your Y-split but I also don't have the greatest memory, this is just some background info so you may still want to wait for a Trinity response to your question.

What kind of source are you using for the balanced connection? I've been wandering if I want to invest some money to hear what a truly balanced connection really sounds like and if it's worth it

100% sure they were advertised WITH a balanced cable. Hopefully @Bobtrinity or Jake can clear this up. 

Apr 6, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #13,614 of 24,683
100% sure they were advertised WITH a balanced cable. Hopefully @Bobtrinity
 or Jake can clear this up. 

I am absolutely certain the description of the Icarus had the balanced cable in the item description at the time of my purchase. Looks like that has been changed as well.
If memory serves there was mention of the normal cable being silver plated as well, also edited out.

Apr 6, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #13,615 of 24,683

100% sure they were advertised WITH a balanced cable. Hopefully @Bobtrinity
 or Jake can clear this up. 

I am absolutely certain the description of the Icarus had the balanced cable in the item description at the time of my purchase. Looks like that has been changed as well.
If memory serves there was mention of the normal cable being silver plated as well, also edited out.

I remember 100% there being a line in the description of them coming with a balanced cable. It wasn't the main reason I purchased them, but I was going to look into a balanced source as one of my next purchases and I was glad to know I'd have the Master and Icarus IEM's to play around with the new source. 

Apr 6, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #13,616 of 24,683
Yes, to both questions but judge for yourself:

Original Vyrus on the left and new Vyrus on the right.

Thanks! IMO, the gunmetal finish of the V1 looks way better. That shell seam is also more noticeable on the V2 than the V1 because of the finish; it's not that it's bigger because it isn't. Really nice to see the L/R colored strain reliefs have made a return! I always thought the cabling just wasn't right without those on the Sabre and PM4.

Apr 6, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #13,617 of 24,683
I remember 100% there being a line in the description of them coming with a balanced cable. It wasn't the main reason I purchased them, but I was going to look into a balanced source as one of my next purchases and I was glad to know I'd have the Master and Icarus IEM's to play around with the new source. 

Yeah it was a draw for me, I really wanted to test out the balanced output from the DP-X1A

Users who are viewing this thread

Back