TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 6, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #13,580 of 24,683
  Masters have no information on the site about the balanced cable,  Icarus have. Or the information on site is not relevant?
Oops. The information is change

Masters stated a 2.5mm balanced cable would be included.  Plus @Bobtrinity mentioned it early on when the Masters were announced.  Since the last site update the 2.5mm cable is not mentioned anymore.

Apr 6, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #13,581 of 24,683
I'll have a look when I get in but I'm pretty sure I don't have either. There was definitely not a second cable with them though for those who are asking, just the main extender and a jack converter.

I'm sure these are sounding better with time though or perhaps I'm just getting used to them - either way I'm really impressed with the sound quality and build so hopefully when the others start arriving to other head-fi members you'll enjoy them as much.

Apr 6, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #13,582 of 24,683
I can't recall if it said on the Trinity site if they came with a balanced cable or not just as long as Bob is going to be selling them soon, no rush by the end of the week will do thanks
tongue.gif

Apr 6, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #13,584 of 24,683
I'll have a look when I get in but I'm pretty sure I don't have either. There was definitely not a second cable with them though for those who are asking, just the main extender and a jack converter.

I'm sure these are sounding better with time though or perhaps I'm just getting used to them - either way I'm really impressed with the sound quality and build so hopefully when the others start arriving to other head-fi members you'll enjoy them as much.
do you have experience of these against the pm4?

Apr 6, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #13,590 of 24,683
Masters should also come with Spinfits according to the website, so looks like they were missed too. Knowing first hand how amazing Jake and the team are I am sure if you email him they will get it sorted very quickly.

I really want to know the situation with the 2.5mm TRRS cable! It was a big selling point for me.

They are oxygen free copper and balanced until the y-split. If I remember right it was due to the fact that everyone wanted removable cables just in case they wanted to go balanced in the future, so Trinity accommodated everyone by making them balanced until the Y-split.

Now everyone that wants a balanced cable made can just purchase or make themselves a male-to-female balanced cable that will connect the Y-split to your DAC/AMP. I don't remember seeing that they would come with a balanced cable that connects the DAC and your Y-split but I also don't have the greatest memory, this is just some background info so you may still want to wait for a Trinity response to your question.

What kind of source are you using for the balanced connection? I've been wandering if I want to invest some money to hear what a truly balanced connection really sounds like and if it's worth it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back