TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Mar 15, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #11,791 of 24,683
  +1.  It's not like a small group of people are complaining.  This thread became one of the top threads in headfi and for the past few months, the majority of the conversations are complaints of shipping and lack thereof.

I guess the countdown to the 25th continues.  Either that or they'll provide an update on the 25th apologizing and providing another date.  It just really sucks that the cancellation fee is so high.  I don't even want these anymore.  I want to spend my money elsewhere but we're all stuck now.

If I didn't have the cancellation fee, I would have bought a campfire audio IEM by now.  I completely agree.  

I hope he comes through on his product, cuz the wait in conjunction with things that have caused me to lose my confidence along the way for such a heavy investment have really irked me and made this an unpleasant experience.  A few too many red flags and I don't like any.
  Yes, the communication is a problem. In my opinion there was too much communication before PM4 ****storm and too little after that. 

My point is that there is objectively nothing wrong with shipment right now so there is no real reason for expressing dissatisfaction with it right now (shipment dissatisfaction makes vast majority of expressed dissatisfaction in this thread recently).

There are other problems like line-up incoherency, no apparent plan regarding release of new products, very little info on Atlas Delta etc. - my comments were not touching these.

I have invested littlebit too much time into this thread today. I will try to peel off for some time now.

EDIT: Hell the Head-Fi censorship is really strict :)

Yah.  I hear ya.  I guess the term would be "concern". 

I think the people on the thread are thinking objectively.

Mar 15, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #11,792 of 24,683
Somerhing tells me they decided to ship international orders out first and leave domestic to be last or further ahead due to shpping times? 

Juat a hunch.

Nope. Mine is an international order and I have not received my Hunter either. No email confirmation as well if anything has shipped or if the Hunter really are done, packaged and ready to ship or just a phantom of our imaginations. Hahaha. Kidding aside, this was my first foray into a TOTL IEM and their initial offerings were great for their price so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Hunter. For its price I should have just opted for a CIEM from another company which by the way is priced lower than the Hunter. Also, I hate the fact that no clear cut differences were stated between the PM6 and the Hunter. All that was mentioned was tuning was different for each. If all that separates them is package content then that doesn't justify the price tag. Plus we have been left with this bad experience. So yeah, maybe no more Trinity Audio for me. By the time I receive the Hunter, they'll probably announce the Icarus V or VI which will be the new TOTL...

Mar 15, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #11,794 of 24,683
  Yes, the communication is a problem. In my opinion there was too much communication before PM4 ****storm and too little after that. 

My point is that there is objectively nothing wrong with shipment right now so there is no real reason for expressing dissatisfaction with it right now (shipment dissatisfaction makes vast majority of expressed dissatisfaction in this thread recently).

There are other problems like line-up incoherency, no apparent plan regarding release of new products, very little info on Atlas Delta etc. - my comments were not touching these.

I have invested littlebit too much time into this thread today. I will try to peel off for some time now.

EDIT: Hell the Head-Fi censorship is really strict :)

There is a possibility that there is something wrong with shipping.  We were all told that there would be shipping notifications.  So far nobody, at least here on headfi, has mentioned that they have received any message.  It's possible that someone on Kickstarter, that's not on headfi has gotten a confirmation email.  But if they did ship, there's gotta be at least one person here that's received an email right? 

Mar 15, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #11,795 of 24,683

If I didn't have the cancellation fee, I would have bought a campfire audio IEM by now.  I completely agree.  

I hope he comes through on his product, cuz the wait in conjunction with things that have caused me to lose my confidence along the way for such a heavy investment have really irked me and made this an unpleasant experience.  A few too many red flags and I don't like any.

Yah.  I hear ya.  I guess the term would be "concern". 

I think the people on the thread are thinking objectively.

I wanted to buy the Noble audio drop on massdrop or even considered the RHA t20.  Oh well,  It was our mistake.  Gotta live with the choice we made.

When we all get our headphones, I'm going to miss the entertainment from all the complaints of this thread.  It actually makes for a good read before bed.

Mar 15, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #11,796 of 24,683
This post isn't regarding whether or not complaints are fair enough, but I'm bored and would like to analyse the situation marketing wise for Trinity right now, and I'm interested in what you guys think of it.
SO, I'll start with the obvious, this thread doesn't look good for Trinity, people see this, at any time in the coming years and if it's not followed by almost unprecedented satisfaction from people with the received product, those people will look away from Trinity.
I think that this release, which Bob has stated will make up the entire Trinity lineup (plus ICARUS) for the next 3 years, was crucial for the performance of the business in their new chapter. So for me personally, I think it's sad that the shipping and release issues alone have given it such a bad start. I know Indigo Bob made a good point recently regarding how close Trinity are to getting out of this initial "maze" stage in business development. I think that if these products are fantastic then Trinity will prosper indefinitely, and this forum will contribute tremendously to that. That is not to say that marketing and such won't play a part but the initial response to these products are invaluable to Trinity, and the team.
I think that this shipping ordeal and the miscommunication, or lack of it, was not a malicious act per se, or anything other than the result of a series of mistakes, that were poorly managed. That being biting off more than they can chew, and then didn't spit it out when they could.
Overall I would love for these products to be impressive, not only as a consumer but as a hopeful fan of Trinity's philosophy, and an advocate for their success.

Mar 15, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #11,797 of 24,683
  There is a possibility that there is something wrong with shipping.  We were all told that there would be shipping notifications.  So far nobody, at least here on headfi, has mentioned that they have received any message.  It's possible that someone on Kickstarter, that's not on headfi has gotten a confirmation email.  But if they did ship, there's gotta be at least one person here that's received an email right? 

I doubt anyone on KS would have gotten a confirmation email since Bob has mentioned that all Kickstarter products would be shipped untracked. We're in the same boat as everyone else, waiting for our parcels to suddenly pop up. I am too waiting for a confirmation email regarding tracking for my Master. 

Mar 15, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #11,798 of 24,683
This post isn't regarding whether or not complaints are fair enough, but I'm bored and would like to analyse the situation marketing wise for Trinity right now, and I'm interested in what you guys think of it.
SO, I'll start with the obvious, this thread doesn't look good for Trinity, people see this, at any time in the coming years and if it's not followed by almost unprecedented satisfaction from people with the received product, those people will look away from Trinity.
I think that this release, which Bob has stated will make up the entire Trinity lineup (plus ICARUS) for the next 3 years, was crucial for the performance of the business in their new chapter. So for me personally, I think it's sad that the shipping and release issues alone have given it such a bad start. I know Indigo Bob made a good point recently regarding how close Trinity are to getting out of this initial "maze" stage in business development. I think that if these products are fantastic then Trinity will prosper indefinitely, and this forum will contribute tremendously to that. That is not to say that marketing and such won't play a part but the initial response to these products are invaluable to Trinity, and the team.
I think that this shipping ordeal and the miscommunication, or lack of it, was not a malicious act per se, or anything other than the result of a series of mistakes, that were poorly managed. That being biting off more than they can chew, and then didn't spit it out when they could.
Overall I would love for these products to be impressive, not only as a consumer but as a hopeful fan of Trinity's philosophy, and an advocate for their success.

I believe the majority here were totally fine with the long wait however current situation could have been alleviated by sending a formal communication to the customers who have been waiting, saying due to high volume all orders will be shipped by March 25 the latest.  Yes, l know Bob had mentioned this here but he also mentioned that Head-Fi members are only a small percentage of the customers so choosing Head-Fi as a formal channel of communication is a bit strange to me if that's indeed the case.

As a potential customer I'm having difficulties making a decision based on the current lineup. Their website is keep changing constantly and for the last few weeks l have seen different statements  in regards to the drivers that are being used and configuration, shipping dates, availability etc. I looked it up online l can only see Bob's vid being a little helpful explaining the Master as the more Analytic earphones and the Icarus III being more emotional although not as technical. Kind of difficult to judge based on that. There is not much info from their website and l believe Bob said a few weeks ago that this will be updated soon which is a good thing for potential customers to really understand the key differences before placing an order.  

Mar 15, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #11,799 of 24,683
I doubt anyone on KS would have gotten a confirmation email since Bob has mentioned that all Kickstarter products would be shipped untracked. We're in the same boat as everyone else, waiting for our parcels to suddenly pop up. I am too waiting for a confirmation email regarding tracking for my Master. 

An email to say, "Hey buddy, it's in the mail" is still possible even though you don't have a tracking number though.

Mar 15, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #11,800 of 24,683
Or, as I have seen before from an electronics supplier, an Instagram post showing pallets of goods being lifted into the warehouse, and the subsequent workers starting to pack stuff...
Takes minutes, shows some positive progress - everyone is on Instagram, right? :wink: There are just so many ways to show progress, no need to wait and do professional photoshoots for the products, just quick informative posts showing the busy bees at work processing all the goodies that so many people are waiting for.
Edit: the social media age, right? Everything can be done fast, and effectively.

Mar 15, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #11,801 of 24,683
"headfi is only a small percentage of our business".
Anyone mind enlighten me where do you guys get the info like reviews/product discussion from in order to make a buying decision? As I googled and searched high and low but never seemed to find anything except here. I for one if not because of headfi I would never have bought Trinity product.

Mar 15, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #11,802 of 24,683

Nobody on KS has gotten anything yet either. All you need to do is check KS discussion

Anybody notice Bob is not here? He could pop in and give an honest comment on what's truly going on.
No it's not because he's spending 8 hrs a day packing IEMs

Trinity being so quiet right now will not help them in the future and the goodwill that they have been afforded has eroded. Sad.

I also have to wonder where he gets all the non head-if customers.

Mar 15, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #11,804 of 24,683
I personally miss when Bob was cracking jokes and throwing down beer as just another member of the Head-Fi community. 

beerchug.gif
 Here's to you Bob.

Mar 16, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #11,805 of 24,683
Yes, Trinity somewhat screwed up when they tried to ship too many items at the same time and also when they stated too optimistic original shipping deadlines but the complaints are not about that. Right now there is nothing these ungrounded complaints can solve.

I seriously registered an account just because of posts like this, which I've been reading every day now for the last five months! 

Are you kidding? Trinity "somewhat" screwed up with too optimistic original shipping deadlines? Let me tell you, being an entire five months off of the original "deadline" isn't "somewhat" of a mistake; it's staggeringly incompetent. Like, to really undertake a business endeavor, and to have such bad judgment that you're literally FIVE months off in your planning - that's just incredible.

I'm posting this, by the way, because I have no confidence that if I submitted a review to Trinity's website it'd actually get posted, and I also don't want to just email them directly, because people in the future should know what they're getting into with this company. Goodness knows if I had known that my order would take at least five months when the website estimated 15 days, then I would never have placed an order.

I can state that I will categorically never place an order with Trinity again. Never. This level of customer service (that they're apparently so lauded for? LOL?) is, quite frankly, completely unacceptable, and in fact laughable. And I knew it would come to this two months ago, because I used to have a small shipping endeavor of my own, which I was quite unsuited for and gave up a long time ago. I would make excuses and delay shipping frequently, doing so by making promises I wouldn't keep, but promises that would allow me just enough plausible deniability that people wouldn't jump ship when I didn't keep them. This is exactly what Trinity is doing. Multiple delays, multiple vaguely-worded "updates," and no progress. For five damn months. 

And people on here acting like this is anything even close to resembling normal or acceptable, let alone the hallmark of a good business. You do realize that if you try to look up anything about this company, these threads are all there are, right? So yeah, I think it's quite a good idea not to whitewash this incredible catastrophe of a product roll out. Because this is literally the only source of public feedback people will see if they hear about Trinity and want to do some research. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back