TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Mar 5, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #11,161 of 24,683
I had a problem with the mic cable at the 3.5mm jack on my Sabre and Jake replaced it;
Now, trying the regular cable I find that if you touch the 2pin connector the sound comes and goes. Tried the new mic cable and... same left-ear problem.

Sure, I'll email Jake yet again (wrong BT lanyard, bad 3.5mm jack, missing spinfits, and now left-ear problem).

This is my first Trinity product in-hand and, to say the least, while customer service in the form of Jake may be great, I am NOT a happy camper!!!

I just do not expect so many problems with what's supposed to be a low-end audiophile IEM. This does NOT bode well....

I had the same, just bend a little the pins of the cable and it will be sorted out. It is a false contact between IEM and cable (as far as i can see)

Mar 5, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #11,162 of 24,683
I had the same, just bend a little the pins of the cable and it will be sorted out. It is a false contact between IEM and cable (as far as i can see)
Not doubting you... but... Are you suggesting that I've got the same problem with two different cables and thus BOTH cables are "bad"?

And, bend the pins which way? Spread them a bit? Squeeze them together a bit? ????

Mar 5, 2017 at 3:10 AM Post #11,163 of 24,683
I had the same problems with all three cables I found in the box of the sabre, while the one Jake sent me was fine.
For the three int he box I spread one of the pins in order to make it slightly more difficult to plug the cable in but at the same time this secured there was a contact (for me was the right IEM).

I have the feeling the problem is the cable side of the connector (only buying a 3rd party cable can confirm that).
I am not sure this solves the problem forever but it has not come back since.

Mar 5, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #11,164 of 24,683
My Sabre has the same issue even after Jake sent me replacement cable. I found there's no problem with wired cable so far but I don't prefer to use it so just asked him to send me cables again. If the problem is cable side of connector it will be solved but I'm not really sure if there's something wrong with IEM side..

@fpessolano I'm curious how did you spread pins. Thanks.

Mar 5, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #11,165 of 24,683
With a tweezer or whatever it is called in English.
The key for me was to make sure the contact is permanent. My problems comes
From a mismatch between the two sides of the connector causing movement of the cable to get the pin not touch the item female connectors
If you prefer make the pin thicker with some solder

Mar 5, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #11,166 of 24,683
So, I did use some tweezers to gently bend the pins ever so slightly towards the outside. Seems to be ok now on the one cable I did this on.

The cable is the one with a mic and three buttons, and four connectors on the 3.5mm jack. Problem is: the buttons do NOTHING when plugged into my iPhone --- other IEMs do control volume etc. sigh.

Mar 5, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #11,168 of 24,683
If you prefer make the pin thicker with some solder

Thanks, bending pins doesn't work because they bend back.

I put fabric braided cable and connectors are snug, the connectors on the cables become loose. The other problem the pins are too thin for the connector they use.

Mar 5, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #11,170 of 24,683
So, I did use some tweezers to gently bend the pins ever so slightly towards the outside. Seems to be ok now on the one cable I did this on.

The cable is the one with a mic and three buttons, and four connectors on the 3.5mm jack. Problem is: the buttons do NOTHING when plugged into my iPhone --- other IEMs do control volume etc. sigh.

I think mic/btton issues are iOS problem.  I had same issue with mine and iPhone 7.  That cable is there best one, in my opinion so light and comfortable

Mar 5, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #11,171 of 24,683

I think mic/btton issues are iOS problem.  I had same issue with mine and iPhone 7.  That cable is there best one, in my opinion so light and comfortable

My 3 buttons work fine on my Android phone and also on FiiO X1ii and Benjie X1. I remember Bob saying a while back it's an iPhone issue and nothing wrong with the cable.

I also had problems with the left earpiece cutting out then the connection became really loose yesterday and the cable fell out. I pushed the pins ever so slightly outwards with a small screwdriver and it worked perfectly.

Mar 5, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #11,172 of 24,683
My 3 buttons work fine on my Android phone and also on FiiO X1ii and Benjie X1. I remember Bob saying a while back it's an iPhone issue and nothing wrong with the cable.

I also had problems with the left earpiece cutting out then the connection became really loose yesterday and the cable fell out. I pushed the pins ever so slightly outwards with a small screwdriver and it worked perfectly.

Apple uses a different configuration (patented) for handling mic and buttons...

https://www.google.ca/amp/forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/189523-final-soultion-why-most-headsets-won-t-work.html%3Famp

Mar 5, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #11,173 of 24,683
Apple uses a different configuration (patented) for handling mic and buttons...

https://www.google.ca/amp/forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/189523-final-soultion-why-most-headsets-won-t-work.html%3Famp

I like using Apple stuff (using an iPod Touch 5g for my music, it's great), but I hate all the stupid proprietary crap they pull. It's just so annoying.

Mar 5, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #11,174 of 24,683
  I like using Apple stuff (using an iPod Touch 5g for my music, it's great), but I hate all the stupid proprietary crap they pull. It's just so annoying.

What propriety?  Are you talking about the songs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back