TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 31, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #10,006 of 24,683
I wonder what filters you are using? For me with gold undamped and with whirlwind tips (have  wide bore), one can say that they are not the best for every genre, for some they are really exceptional.. 

With the pre installed gun metal filters and tips the sound was underwhelming to me.

I'm using the gum metal filters but I've (of course) tried them all.

My second favorite are the gold dampend ones but unfortunately one of them is broken already and Trinity have not responded to my email about it so I'd guess I'll contact them again when the holiday season is over.

Dec 31, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #10,007 of 24,683
I'm using the gum metal filters but I've (of course) tried them all.

My second favorite are the gold dampend ones but unfortunately one of them is broken already and Trinity have not responded to my email about it so I'd guess I'll contact them again when the holiday season is over.

I see.. I have only modest experience and on full sized headphones, but average is not what I would use to describe PM4..
Little wild on some things, but just great on some. 

Dec 31, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #10,008 of 24,683
I see.. I have only modest experience and on full sized headphones, but average is not what I would use to describe PM4..
Little wild on some things, but just great on some. 

There's something in the upper part of the midrange that doesn't play along with my ears (distortion?) and makes them sound underwhelming to me on a lot of recordings. As always ymmw etc....

Dec 31, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #10,009 of 24,683

PM4's highs are proving too harsh/sibilant for me; using dampened filters (gold is my preferred one) mitigates the problem slightly, but also makes especially male vocals sit quite far back in the mix. Not ideal. Still, the rest is pretty great: sound stage is wide for an IEM, detail is impressive - even to the point where it's overbearing, bass is on-point for me.

All that is to say that I could not resist the trade-up deal which, if what I read here earlier is correct, should keep the good of the PM4 and take away the harshness. Thanks for the deal Bob; the way I see it, I'll have two IEMs while having paid the retail price of only one.

Then why not try the gun metal filter to bring down the brightness? I used that and the gold undamped and stayed with gold undamped.

Jan 1, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #10,011 of 24,683
@Aevum
Yeah, received a couple minutes ago.

I thought there would follow a update e-mail right after new-year, with some new/more/extra info, correct?

Jan 1, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #10,012 of 24,683
btw, anyone else got a 2nd email with a code to get "the master" on a discount ?

already ordered the master.
The same happened to me. With the holidays just behind us i'm guessing the trinity team didn't have enough time to cross those who bought it allready off the list, so instead they've just sent a mail to everybody on their list .

Jan 1, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #10,013 of 24,683
Happy New Year everybody! Currently listening to Eric Clapton Unplugged with PM4 purple filters. Sounds absolutely amazing. Everyone with PM4's should definitely try out this combo.

Jan 1, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #10,014 of 24,683
just finished 4 hour trip with pm4 and cayin n5 dap, it changed again, it's first headphone that actually needs lots of burnin. I already made 4 reviews of it, this is how complex the iem is. Now there's less bass even with silver filters, and now is way more balanced andiet it's crazy what you get for preorder price. I'm still not used to it cause it changes. can't even make last review cause can't get used to it. and it's not balanced and not silver cable which are the upgrates.

Jan 2, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #10,016 of 24,683
Happy New Year everybody! Currently listening to Eric Clapton Unplugged with PM4 purple filters. Sounds absolutely amazing. Everyone with PM4's should definitely try out this combo.

Terrific album!
Is your favourite track 'Alberta'?
wink.gif

Jan 2, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #10,018 of 24,683
  Lucky you, I didn't get the first or second.
confused_face.gif

Ditto. Am going to email Jake and see if I can be added. I'd like to see the full email anyway, but it's more about making sure I don't miss future announcements or deals when I should probably already be on the mailing list.
Anyway, no big deal, let's see how it goes.
I've settled on undamped gold filters with Kombi tips as my kombination (lol) of choice.
Using an amp (admittedly, not a very good one I suspect) seems to improve the sound on some songs but not others..

Honestly, can't wait to hear the PM6 and the new Master.. For me, the PM4 comes very close to being great, but with my treble sensitivity etc and the occasional issues with certain kinds of songs, it's just falling frustratingly short.. But I'm expecting good things from those two upcoming IEM's
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back