TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 16, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #9,752 of 24,683
Upset with Trinity Audio right now.

I live in the USA in North Carolina. Trinity ships their USA orders from Mobile, Alabama. Not a huge distance away from me. At the end of November I ordered a Sabre. Was shipped USPS Priority Mail which is Trinity's standard shipping method. Was supposed to be delivered in 2 days. USPS dropped the ball and it ended up taking 4 days to get here. USPS had no explanation for the delay.

So this past Tuesday afternoon I ordered PM4. I figured it wouldn't be shipped until Wednesday since Trinity UK was closed when I placed the order. Wanting to avoid the increasingly slow service of the USPS I paid $13 for Next Day Delivery. I got my order shipped details Wednesday afternoon and apparently someone at Trinity in Alabama didn't read the order details and instead of shipping Next Day, they shipped Priority Mail again. Now the PM4 I was supposed to receive today is scheduled to be delivered on Saturday. I have my doubts on that since the package has been sitting in Mobile, Alabama since 5 PM yesterday and hasn't moved yet. Could well be Monday before I receive it.

I emailed Trinity this morning, about 1:30 PM their time, to let them know what happened. Never received any response. This is not good customer service. At the least I need a refund for the extra shipping I paid. At this point I haven't decided if I will even open the package. I may just return it unopened for a refund.

I keep thinking about the people who have posted here with filter problems. I wonder why Trinity isn't checking PM4 filters before shipping to make sure they all fit? This is especially true for us in the USA. Trinity ships product from the USA, but apparently they don't stock any separate parts here. I've been waiting for 11 days for a long red filter for my Sabre that was missing from the package and had to be sent from the UK. Not very convenient for us when we have to wait so long for replacement parts on a brand new product.

I was chasing our USA guys before replying to your email as I wanted to know if there was an issue or someone had made a mistake.

In this case is was our mistake and the extra cost will be refunded.

Dec 16, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #9,755 of 24,683
Bobtrinity kindly requisitioned some cables for me to make balanced this week and having just re-terminated them to pono plugs I can honestly say I'm pretty impressed with how the PM4 scales up to the additional power.

Need to change my filters around as the ponos high impedance and pm4s low impedance have changed the sound round a bit to my normal Fiio x3ii and E18 pairing.

Once I've had some chance to assess I will report my findings but please forgive my lack of audio jargon, I am no reviewer!

Outlook is pretty damn promising at present!

Dec 16, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #9,756 of 24,683

You would have to hear it to really understand it. It's something I've never heard in an IEM before. Like an off key resonance competing with the sound. It only happens on certain songs at certain volume levels, and I can't really pick out a consistent aspect to what's causing it. There's just a....noise, and it muddies things up in the upper mids.

It doesn't wreck the IEM in total for me yet, but it certainly is something that takes me out of what I'm doing to think "what was that???".

I experienced this with the Delta v1 on low volumes. Maybe it's related to the BAs they're using?

Anyway, haven't received my PM4s yet. Maybe they're lost in the realm of nothingness.

Dec 16, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #9,759 of 24,683
Hmm, I've not experienced this resonance issue with any of my Trinity's but we do all hear them just a little differently
wink_face.gif

Silver Bullets
bigsmile_face.gif

Techne-Treats
wink.gif

A Tale of Two Delta's
rolleyes.gif

Sabre Soze
biggrin.gif

Baby Tiger Tooths
cool.gif
Also known as the Vyrus
blink.gif

Master Blaster 4's
tongue_smile.gif

beerchug.gif

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #9,760 of 24,683
Hmm, I've not experienced this resonance issue with any of my Trinity's but we do all hear them just a little differently:wink_face:
Silver Bullets:bigsmile_face:

Techne-Treats:wink:

A Tale of Two Delta's:rolleyes:

Sabre Soze:D

Baby Tiger Tooths:cool: Also known as the Vyrus:blink:

Master Blaster 4's:tongue_smile:

:beerchug:
which ones are your favourite and why?

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #9,762 of 24,683
  Hmm, I've not experienced this resonance issue with any of my Trinity's but we do all hear them just a little differently
wink_face.gif

Silver Bullets
bigsmile_face.gif

Techne-Treats
wink.gif

A Tale of Two Delta's
rolleyes.gif

Sabre Soze
biggrin.gif

Baby Tiger Tooths
cool.gif
Also known as the Vyrus
blink.gif

Master Blaster 4's
tongue_smile.gif

beerchug.gif

Mighty impressive Podster. Your Trinity Audio collection would be complete if you got the new gunmetal version of the Hyperions as well to sit next to the old polished aluminum ones
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back