TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 13, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #871 of 24,683

Makes sense. I really hope they get the right amount of bass, i hate being overwhelmed by it. Also betters mids would be great for me, comparing to the Atlas.

Yeah, I'm very sensetive to overwhelming bass (especially mid- and upperbass) myself but I'm confident that the Master 6 is going to be very good when they're ready for the final release.  
  I'm with peter123 here, hope Bob can fix this before release

I'm sure he will, This is going to be the TOTL from a very well regarded manufacturer so I'm not worried. This is exactly what beta testing is about and I personally really appreciate that Paul and Trinity chooses to share these impresisons with us altough it's no a production unit. 

Apr 13, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #873 of 24,683

I personally like it, its just about forward enough without being in your face. Personally I am happy with the standard tune, now its just a few tweaks with filters to give the options for more bass and also some others to offer a smoother version or 2. The bass filter is about done and just a couple more tweaks for the others.

Ok thanks, im glad to see you are taking your time without hurries to make it as best as possible.

Apr 13, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #874 of 24,683
  My taste is definitely not like brooko, i really like it to be very forward just like fitear   IEM, but no tester has them to compare to master 6 so this is like 40/60 chance of me buying them :/

I am with you. We like forward upper mids just like finalaudiodesign/fitear
sound is subjective

Apr 13, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #876 of 24,683

I personally like it, its just about forward enough without being in your face. Personally I am happy with the standard tune, now its just a few tweaks with filters to give the options for more bass and also some others to offer a smoother version or 2. The bass filter is about done and just a couple more tweaks for the others.

Just take my money already
blink.gif

Apr 13, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #879 of 24,683
  @Brooko would u say that the master's are accurate & detailed enough for mixing ?

@Bob is the design of the master 6 final yet?

an audiophile iem may not be equivalent to a reference iem. Cheers!

Apr 13, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #880 of 24,683
The mid-forward description is what's very interesting to me and I think I'm gonna like these a fair bit. I dunno how the comfort will be yet compared to my Earwerkz Supra, but I'm sure the sound will be up to the task.

@Brooko, when you've got the time, are you able to give any impression on sound signature compared to an HD600? Yes, it's a headphone compared to an IEM, so to me, an extensive comparison makes to sense, but if you could offer insight on how you think the sound signature compares to ol' faithful, that would be great. Thanks!

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #881 of 24,683
  @Brooko would u say that the master's are accurate & detailed enough for mixing ?

@Bob is the design of the master 6 final yet?

If the aim is flat - then no. But I can't tell until after I get the final tuning with the filter choices as this may change things dramatically.  That bump between 1-2 kHz (if it stays) would push the mids too far forward in your mixes, and the roll-off at the bottom end wouldn't help either.  Nice for listening - but not accurate for mixing.

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #882 of 24,683
  The mid-forward description is what's very interesting to me and I think I'm gonna like these a fair bit. I dunno how the comfort will be yet compared to my Earwerkz Supra, but I'm sure the sound will be up to the task.

@Brooko, when you've got the time, are you able to give any impression on sound signature compared to an HD600? Yes, it's a headphone compared to an IEM, so to me, an extensive comparison makes to sense, but if you could offer insight on how you think the sound signature compares to ol' faithful, that would be great. Thanks!

Bass is somewhat similar - except the HD600 has slightly more of a mid bass rise. Follows similar pattern though - I actually quite like the bass (bit more extension and to me it would be perfect). Big diff with the HD600 is that it's pretty flat right (comparing raw to raw) through to about 4 kHz, where it starts rising. Thats why some engineers use it for checking a mix.  The bump at 1-2 kHz brings the mids quite a bit forward.  I actually said to Bob that if it was me, I'd try and dial that back a bit.  It's a bit too early for that bump - and hits fundamentals rather than overtones.  I found it a tiny bit fatiguing after a couple of hours - was much better EQ'd out a bit.

Again though - I'm just one data point.  I didn't like the Campfire Jupiter.  Others rave about it. They're heading off to Vince later today and we'll get his feedback.  Then Bob will evaluate and either adjust, or not.  He also knows what he is after - and that may not match what I prefer.

Where they are now, the remind me a lot of the Oriveti Pinnacle - but without as much bass, and a bit different in the upper mids. Same forward signature though.

You guys definitely shouldn't take too much of this to heart though.  Bob has a very good base to work with.  I like the basics of what I'm hearing.  The rest comes down to tweaking - to get the end result perfect. Discussions so far with Bob tell me he's super confident he can get something almost everyone will like.

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #883 of 24,683
It seems like he's going more for the airy sound, with an expansive stage.  From the charts it seems like it's too bright with those mids...  for all i can read...

An ambitious threshold

Apr 13, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #885 of 24,683
Hey @Bobtrinity, are you able to give an update on the status of the Master 4s? These impressions of the 6 are nice and all, but I've only got enough mullah for the Sabre and potentially (admittedly unlikely) enough for the 4s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back