TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 13, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #856 of 24,683
The 1Plus is indeed a prince amongst men, but surely there is room for both in your collection, Peter? Not a bad quandary to find yourself in, to be fair...
wink.gif

LOL! True there's room for both (and more) in my collection. I'm more worried about my wallet 
biggrin.gif

lol before I even contemplate on buying more I need to actually see how the ones I ordered sound. Im also looking at the beyer t5p 2nd gen aswell, I cant start collecting IEM's im trying to streamline my audio. One IEM and one headphone lol

Yeah, I know the feeling. I'm trying so hard to streamline my stuff as well and yet I've got at least four new IEM's on the way right now 
wink_face.gif

Someone should offer a "How to streamline your gear" seminar for Head-Fier's lol.......

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #857 of 24,683
LOL! True there's room for both (and more) in my collection. I'm more worried about my wallet :D

Yeah, I know the feeling. I'm trying so hard to streamline my stuff as well and yet I've got at least four new IEM's on the way right now :wink_face:

Someone should offer a "How to streamline your gear" seminar for Head-Fier's lol.......
what IEM's are you waiting on?

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #858 of 24,683
  How big step up Master 6 compare to Atlas ?

Gotta be honest with you - the Atlas was never really one of my favourites. I definitely liked the Delta better.

With following graphs - remember this is raw data, and the coupler I use measures very low above about 5 kHz - so disregard those measurements.  This is just to show comparisons.

Here's my measurements of Atlas vs Delta

The Atlas has a lot more sub-bass - and with some of my music its just a little too V-shaped.  No problem though - it just comes down to preference - I love the mid-range, and the Atlas is a fun headphone.  I just happen to like the Delta more.

When Bob was first playing around with prototypes for the Atlas, one of the first "finals" he sent me was decidedly bass light. There was something wrong with them, and although the drivers were well matched, it wasn't the signature Bob was looking for.  Funnily enough - it is my favourite Atlas - its a one of a kind, and sounds gorgeous. It's in blue below compared to the default Atlas.

So we move onto the Master 6.  I matched at 2 kHz since the Atlas dips a bit between 1-2 kHz and Master rises. The first thing you'll notice is the reduced bass, but it is relatively flat bass which is good. What it needs is a bit more extension and a bit more sub-bass, which is what we'll be working on (and Bob is pretty confident that working with the right filters he can get exactly what I think is missing.

The mid-range is more forward than the Atlas, and I wouldn't worry too much about that dip at 6 kHz.  Some of it is my coupler, and the rest is intentional.  The Fidue A83 does the same thing, and it sounds pretty darn good too. The treble is extended pretty well - cymbals sound really good - but smooth rather than "clangy".  They have a really nice decay.

If anything - over the last day, I've found the Master maybe just a little too forward and that little peak between 1-2 kHz could use softening a little.

What you guys need to remember though is that this is a process. Bob will get feedback from Vince and I, he'll decide what to adopt, re-tweak,re-work and then we'll re-evaluate.  The good thing is that he won't rush it.  This is going to be his pinnacle for now - so he'll get it right.

@Brooko, smooth treble - so is it well extended but not harsh?

Answered above.

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #860 of 24,683

So we move onto the Master 6.  I matched at 2 kHz since the Atlas dips a bit between 1-2 kHz and Master rises. The first thing you'll notice is the reduced bass, but it is relatively flat bass which is good. What it needs is a bit more extension and a bit more sub-bass, which is what we'll be working on (and Bob is pretty confident that working with the right filters he can get exactly what I think is missing.

The mid-range is more forward than the Atlas, and I wouldn't worry too much about that dip at 6 kHz.  Some of it is my coupler, and the rest is intentional.  The Fidue A83 does the same thing, and it sounds pretty darn good too. The treble is extended pretty well - cymbals sound really good - but smooth rather than "clangy".  They have a really nice decay.

If anything - over the last day, I've found the Master maybe just a little too forward and that little peak between 1-2 kHz could use softening a little.

What you guys need to remember though is that this is a process. Bob will get feedback from Vince and I, he'll decide what to adopt, re-tweak,re-work and then we'll re-evaluate.  The good thing is that he won't rush it.  This is going to be his pinnacle for now - so he'll get it right.

Yeah, the subbass roll off is quite steep. Looking forward to see the final result(s) here eventually. 

The versatility of the Master 6 (filter tuning, possibility for Bluetooth cable etc) makes it really hard not to consider :wink:

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #861 of 24,683
Price to performance ratio should be pretty good again

I've PM'd my thoughts to Bob - and imagine I'll be sending them on to Vince soon for his thoughts.  They're not quite ready for prime time yet, but Bob already has them in the ballpark.

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #862 of 24,683

Yeah, the subbass roll off is quite steep. Looking forward to see the final result(s) here eventually. 

The versatility of the Master 6 (filter tuning, possibility for Bluetooth cable etc) makes it really hard not to consider :wink:

Hmm think the "subbass roll off is quite steep" would be better with a flatter response? Being steep how that will be portrayed sound-wise? Trying to understand.

Apr 13, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #863 of 24,683

Hmm think the "subbass roll off is quite steep" would be better with a flatter response? Being steep how that will be portrayed sound-wise? Trying to understand.

It will lack bass fundament in the presentation. I'm sure that Trinity will fix this before the final release though so nothing that I'd worry about now...........

Apr 13, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #865 of 24,683

Tbh im not that into bass so im not worried, thanks for the clarification though.

Neither am I but I do need a good impact in the lowest lows for them to be allrounders, YMMV of course............

Apr 13, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #870 of 24,683
  Now that i mentioned it, @Bobtrinity how do you personally feel about the midrange with the "regular" filters?

I personally like it, its just about forward enough without being in your face. Personally I am happy with the standard tune, now its just a few tweaks with filters to give the options for more bass and also some others to offer a smoother version or 2. The bass filter is about done and just a couple more tweaks for the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back