TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Oct 12, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #6,691 of 24,683
I'm not sure what to do with all of these options. I'm gonna need to make a chart.

You might not even need to. Past Trinity IEMs had a little handbook or something that told you "this filter offers these sort of tweaks to the sound" so you might just need to reference that and go down the list listening and figuring out which one you best. Though I do agree it's probably a good idea to write an order of preference as you go along to keep track of what your current and past favorites were
wink.gif

Oct 12, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #6,692 of 24,683
  The MASTER 6 and HUNTER will now come with 12 different filters offering 12 different sound signatures. We have made the standard size filters a little longer and we don't need to now offer the 2 lengths.

That is totally, insanely, AMAZEBALLS!!
When you announced the new filter system, I was excited on the one hand because of you and Brooko describing the improvements in the sound signature.

But also, I felt like I was the only one who seemed disappointed too (although I manfully choked back my tears and - wisely - restrained from commenting lol).
Because for me, your filter system offers guys like me who don't own (or maybe have the means to acquire/demo) many IEM's the chance to really explore different sound signatures and make meaningful and thorough comparisons between them. And, for myself at least, a chance to get a greater understanding about what is really my own ideal sound signature.

I was really excited to try out damped vs undamped on the same colour filter, as well as one colour vs another etc.
I thought the new filter range would eliminate a fair amount of that opportunity for exploration, hence my disappointment.
But this.. this is... you have blown my tiny little mind
beyersmile.png

I'd salute you, if I weren't too busy praying for my pre-orders to get shipped out early
biggrin.gif

Oct 12, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #6,693 of 24,683
The MASTER 6 and HUNTER will now come with 12 different filters offering 12 different sound signatures. We have made the standard size filters a little longer and we don't need to now offer the 2 lengths.

Well,one of the main reason I bought PM6 were longer filters, I was hoping for better isolation. Now, I am thinking about canceling my preorder... Can you post pictures of difference in length between old and new one?

Oct 12, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #6,694 of 24,683

Well,one of the main reason I bought PM6 were longer filters, I was hoping for better isolation. Now, I am thinking about canceling my preorder... Can you post pictures of difference in length between old and new one?

I went with the PM4 thinking the same thing about the long filters. I'd also like to see an image of the PM4 with a new filter on it to see the length.

Oct 12, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #6,696 of 24,683

I went with the PM4 thinking the same thing about the long filters. I'd also like to see an image of the PM4 with a new filter on it to see the length.

I won't be canceling my pre-order of the Hunter, but I too am curious about how long the new filters are. A picture of the two originally proposed filter lengths and the new filter length would be great if that's not asking too much @Bobtrinity. Take your time though, no rush, we all know you're a very busy guy
wink.gif

Oct 12, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #6,697 of 24,683
  I won't be canceling my pre-order of the Hunter, but I too am curious about how long the new filters are. A picture of the two originally proposed filter lengths and the new filter length would be great if that's not asking too much @Bobtrinity. Take your time though, no rush, we all know you're a very busy guy
wink.gif

Yeah, I'm not cancelling either. I just wanted to be sure they aren't too short for me. A picture like you described would really help those of us concerned.

Oct 12, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #6,699 of 24,683
I received the Trinity Audio Bluetooth unit in the mail today.

Turns out that it has 2-pin connectors, rather than MMCX, so I can't use it with any of my earphones.

If anyone would like to buy this thing, let me know.

Take Care,
David Baldock

Oct 12, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #6,700 of 24,683
  I received the Trinity Audio Bluetooth unit in the mail today.

Turns out that it has 2-pin connectors, rather than MMCX, so I can't use it with any of my earphones.

If anyone would like to buy this thing, let me know.

Take Care,
David Baldock

You know, if you just contact the boys at Trinity Audio, I'm sure they'll be happy to exchange it for you. Their bluetooth lanyard comes in both 2-pin and MMCX connectors.

Oct 12, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #6,701 of 24,683
  You know, if you just contact the boys at Trinity Audio, I'm sure they'll be happy to exchange it for you. Their bluetooth lanyard comes in both 2-pin and MMCX connectors.

Before I do, can someone tell me what kind of connectors the M4 uses?

It looks like the Bluetooth Lanyard is available in three different models -
1) Delta V-II fitment (which is apparently the 2-pin one that I mistakenly ordered)
2) Atlas fitment (MMCX - what I thought I had ordered)
3) Sabre/Master 4&6/ Hunter/Vyrus fitment (I've got the M4 ordered, so which connector is this?)

Take Care,
David Baldock

Oct 12, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #6,702 of 24,683
  Before I do, can someone tell me what kind of connectors the M4 uses?

It looks like the Bluetooth Lanyard is available in three different models -
1) Delta V-II fitment (which is apparently the 2-pin one that I mistakenly ordered)
2) Atlas fitment (MMCX - what I thought I had ordered)
3) Sabre/Master 4&6/ Hunter/Vyrus fitment (I've got the M4 ordered, so which connector is this?)

Take Care,
David Baldock

It uses a 2 pin.  The M4 bluetooth lanyard will work on the Delta V-II but not the other way around.  So it depends which two pin lanyard you received.  Take a look at your order history and see if it tells you which one you ordered.

Oct 12, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #6,703 of 24,683
  It uses a 2 pin.  The M4 bluetooth lanyard will work on the Delta V-II but not the other way around.  So it depends which two pin lanyard you received.  Take a look at your order history and see if it tells you which one you ordered.

My account on the Trinity site says I ordered a "TRINITY BLUETOOTH LANYARD - DELTA V-II FITMENT"

Back in mid-May, was the PHANTOM MASTER 4 shown on the Trinity website with MMCX or 2-pin connectors?  (I could have sworn it was MMCX...)

Take Care,
David Baldock

Oct 12, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #6,704 of 24,683
  My account on the Trinity site says I ordered a "TRINITY BLUETOOTH LANYARD - DELTA V-II FITMENT"

Back in mid-May, was the PHANTOM MASTER 4 shown on the Trinity website with MMCX or 2-pin connectors?  (I could have sworn it was MMCX...)

Take Care,
David Baldock

The Delta V-II lanyard won't work with the PM-4.  When the lanyards went on sale the PM-4's were listed with the new 2-pin connector. I think what may have happened is you assumed the lanyard was only offered in MMCX and when the lanyard went on sale it defaulted to the Delta V-II Fitment so that's what you received.  I did the same thing but realized what I had done when I ordered a second one and sent Bob an email and he updated my order to the correct fitment.

Oct 13, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #6,705 of 24,683
  The Delta V-II lanyard won't work with the PM-4.  When the lanyards went on sale the PM-4's were listed with the new 2-pin connector. I think what may have happened is you assumed the lanyard was on offered in MMCX and when the lanyard went on sale it defaulted to the Delta V-II Fitment so that's what you received.  I did the same thing but realized what I had done when I ordered a second one and sent Bob an email and he updated my order to the correct fitment.

Thank you for the info.

Is the Atlas Delta - Hybrid the only current Trinity earphone that uses MMCX connectors?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back