TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Sep 20, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #6,196 of 24,683
@as1is Yes the term 'tip rolling' annoys me as well !
Sometimes different tips can make a night & day difference, even seemingly very similar looking ones
The density of the inner core, the material used, the width of the hole and the seal.
I have one expensive iem that sounded very poor for me. I tried many different tips all of which made them sound very dull until finally I tried some Comply foam
tips and they sounded magic!
There are many other other componants that effect the sound of headphones : the player itself, the quality and type of the audio used (HS Tracks tend to remaster quite brightly!)
Sometimes, its about getting the right combination of all the above to find a good synergy
You can find alot of different types and styles of tips on ebay and aliexpress that are cheap enough to buy a lot!
In general though if you are having bright or peaky issues there are 3 things to look for straight away 
1, carefully check the seal - the tip should completely seal the ear canal
2, some tips need a deep insertion where as some tips prefer to tip just inside the ear canal - these type sometime take a careful insertion
3, Foam tips can often tame brightness whilst not adversely effecting the over all sound - Comply tips are the 'best' although there are many
other less expensive variations 

Sep 20, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #6,199 of 24,683
  As much confidence as I have in Bob's ability to make a good IEM, I'm happy to see you here to bring things back down to earth. Gotta be reasonable
beerchug.gif

Ha ha, I'm not here to be a a****** but I find way to often in here (and I'm not just talking about this thread) that people pass judgements and make recommendations on products they've not heard without being clear on this. To me this is unfair to the ones that's seeking guidance 
beerchug.gif

Sep 20, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #6,200 of 24,683
  The trouble is not the highs, but the upper mids, where is a percussion, maybe cymbals and hi-hats are. For me in Sabres they are too much. They create like the wall of bdzzz and hshhh and do not let me hear all other sound propperly. 

I hear what you are saying (literally!). Unfortunately because of this I ended up returning the Sabres. Regardless of the tips/filters supplied and aftermarket tips I wasn't able to sufficiently tame the area to me that was bothersome. With that said for people that like that sound signature (really vivid in the upper mids) I think the Sabres would probably be a home run (and there are obviously MANY very positive reviews regarding the sound signature). 
Also the filters for the other Trinity IEM's that have dampers do not fit the Sabre. As someone else mentioned though that might not have zeroed in on the issue even if they did.   

Sep 20, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #6,202 of 24,683
  I hear what you are saying (literally!). Unfortunately because of this I ended up returning the Sabres. Regardless of the tips/filters supplied and aftermarket tips I wasn't able to sufficiently tame the area to me that was bothersome. With that said for people that like that sound signature (really vivid in the upper mids) I think the Sabres would probably be a home run (and there are obviously MANY very positive reviews regarding the sound signature). 
Also the filters for the other Trinity IEM's that have dampers do not fit the Sabre. As someone else mentioned though that might not have zeroed in on the issue even if they did.   

If you get any again, try experimenting with a little foam in the hollow filters.  Basically you'd be creating your own dampers. The original Rockjaws simply used acoustic foam.

Sep 20, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #6,207 of 24,683
Yeap i thought it was until friday as well but since im not confindent in the PM6 ill wait for reviews. If the KS ends before the reviews i just wont get them, 2 much money to take a leap of faith and risk getting recessed mids again. I bought PM4 for my brother because he doesnt cares that much about mids at all and we already had impressions.

Ha ha, I'm not here to be a a****** but I find way to often in here (and I'm not just talking about this thread) that people pass judgements and make recommendations on products they've not heard without being clear on this. To me this is unfair to the ones that's seeking guidance 
beerchug.gif

Actually you are right.

Nooooooooooooooo! 
frown.gif

Weird i thought people had until Friday like bob said.

Sep 20, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #6,210 of 24,683
  If you need the reviews before you get it, you should buy it for retail price. The discount is offered for early bird because there is the risk as you mentioned.

Thats what i said.

What do you mean you've already had impressions? No one's heard the PM4 yet.

Should've been clearer, talking about their products overall. I only listened to 3 but looking at the other products impressions seems the mids are always lacking/recessed.

Edit - not 2 but 3 products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back