TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Sep 19, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #6,181 of 24,683

Bob said he's 100% sure that the PM4 is ready to rock your socks off, that's why it is already in production even without prototype reviews.

Let me quote:
"I only tend to send out products I am not 100% sure about. The master 4 is spot on and no doubt in my mind. If we had send the 4 out for final evaluation it would not be in production.
It's ready, it rocks and can't imagine too many being disappointed."

I think the release and the level of success of the master 4 will definitely have an impact on the confidence of trinity audio customers.  I honestly doubt it will depreciate the present level of confidence, but if BOB can pull off another successful product to meet and even surpass the hype like I recall the delta vII did, then the risk of releasing it without reviews will have paid off.  If that makes any sense.  Just a thought that went through my head.  

I am optimistic.  Those are some pretty confident words.

Sep 20, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #6,183 of 24,683
How does it sound?

Unfortunately many people here love to make recommendations and speculate about the sound of something they've never heard.

No one has heard the PM4 or a finished PM6 so your guess is as good as anyone else's at this time.....

Sep 20, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #6,185 of 24,683
Unfortunately many people here love to make recommendations and speculate about the sound of something they've never heard.

No one has heard the PM4 or a finished PM6 so your guess is as good as anyone else's at this time.....

As much confidence as I have in Bob's ability to make a good IEM, I'm happy to see you here to bring things back down to earth. Gotta be reasonable
beerchug.gif

Sep 20, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #6,186 of 24,683
Hi to all again. Can anyone explain, the Sabre filter have almost only effect on the bass, the trebles do not change significantl, corrrect? So I wonder, are there some filters for other models, that reduce trebles, and can be used for Sabres? I've read that the filters are interchangeable but not between all models, new series differ from others. 
Maybe this could help me to fight the peak on Sabres sparkle that I am very sensitive to and that dont allow me to enjoy the sound completely. 

By the way, I solved the trouble with the cord connection and now it connects the earpiece solid.

Sep 20, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #6,189 of 24,683
Sorry dut I can't get what is tip rolling? You mean just to choose other tis? How can this reduce trebles than? I know in theory the tips influence the sound ant I tyed all of the lots that came with Sabres (and Sony hybrids also) and they don't change the picture significantly for me. 

Sep 20, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #6,190 of 24,683
  Hi to all again. Can anyone explain, the Sabre filter have almost only effect on the bass, the trebles do not change significantl, corrrect? So I wonder, are there some filters for other models, that reduce trebles, and can be used for Sabres? I've read that the filters are interchangeable but not between all models, new series differ from others. 
Maybe this could help me to fight the peak on Sabres sparkle that I am very sensitive to and that dont allow me to enjoy the sound completely. 

By the way, I solved the trouble with the cord connection and now it connects the earpiece solid.

Are You syure You get a proper seal? I found Sabres a little roll-offed in highs.

Sep 20, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #6,191 of 24,683
The trouble is not the highs, but the upper mids, where is a percussion, maybe cymbals and hi-hats are. For me in Sabres they are too much. They create like the wall of bdzzz and hshhh and do not let me hear all other sound propperly. 

Sep 20, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #6,192 of 24,683
  The trouble is not the highs, but the upper mids, where is a percussion, maybe cymbals and hi-hats are. For me in Sabres they are too much. They create like the wall of bdzzz and hshhh and do not let me hear all other sound propperly. 

I believe this is the ~9 kHz spike. I hear it too although it doesn't bother me so much. Unfortunately I don't think any Trinity filters work on this area, even the damped Delta-style filters (which do not work on the Sabre, to be clear, they are wider) damp the 4-5 kHz range I'm pretty sure. 

Tip-rolling may help, and I think I've seen talk of using various materials to damp IEMs before, I have no doubt there'll be stuff like this on head-fi somewhere. Have a search, maybe of the modding or sound science forums. 

Sep 20, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #6,193 of 24,683
I have seen several graphs that show peaks (spikes) in different ranges,different measures show different results.
Sorry to hear that other Trinity filters are not helpful, I really hoped to do tuning/modding in civilized way :)

Again, maybe I've read head-fi tweaks not so much, What is tip-rolling? You mean putting something inside the nozzle, like paper or cotton? With household goods like this, the sound becomes not so clear, I'd rather preferr to hear sparcle peak than loose clarity.
My current idea it the accoustic filters from Knowles, the ones they give for the armatures, for example for Etymotics ER4. I have a pair of this for experiments. But they damp too argessive also, as the filters I have are not the most soft. I'll try not to forget to upload here pictures of this tweak, as well as the mod for cord, this really works. 

Sep 20, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #6,194 of 24,683
as1is,
    The term "tip rolling" simply refers to trying different sizes and styles of tips until a pair is found that best suits / fits the user's ear and sound preferences.   Different tips are known to offer varying degrees of a seal (isolation) as well as slightly different acoustics for different people.
     This is one of the reasons many manufacturers bundle multiple styles and sizes of tips with their IEMs including Trinity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back