TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 14, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #4,967 of 24,683
  any word on efficiency on pm6 and its "general" sound signature if you can pinpoint one? 

Bob did comment he ensures all phones will drive his iems with ease - My ibasso dx80 drove them with ease
General sound signature - as I said above, the terms 'balanced, perfectly tuned, mature come very much to mind - no gimicky-ness
You can very much enjoy the audio/music - I was reminded a bit when listening to the Hunters of the sound signature of the Fostex cans I had tried earlier...the £1300 ones!
Beautifully natural I would say - certainly reference quality - and thats from only trying 1 filter!! So yes, very impressive to be perfectly satisfied from 1st try with random tips / filter on
The moment I started to listen to the Hunters I had goosebumps - Its hard to describe the sound signature because nothing jumps out that you can grab hold off!
I think they have a real maturity and humility about them that just gets themselves out of the way so that you can enjoy the music in a sublimely balanced and natural inner environment
I can't really think of a higher compliment other than the IEMs dissapear so that you can enjoy the audio !!
PS: The Hunter sound is how the PM6 will sound [closely] and samecan be said of the PM4 - as you go 'down' in specs you loose some detail but I really dont think that will result in loosing out on the over all TOTL qualities of the PM6/4

Aug 14, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #4,968 of 24,683
Finally got time to post a few thoughts on yesterday at CamJam...
First up it was great to meet Bob and shake his hand - as Jon Parker said earlier, he's a very down to earth guy.
I had a listen to the Hunter and the PM6 to compare them, as I originally planned to get the PM6, but went for the Hunter instead when it was time to pre-order, my man-maths convincing me it wasn't that much  more expensive... as you do.
So what do they sound like?
I tried the Hunters first and my initial impression was wow, what a a fantastic amount of detail, but the bass is strong and tight too, as others have said above, they have a very well balanced sound and are easy to listen too, you can just forget they are there. In comparison, the PM6 had less detail, but Bob is still working on the tuning and says they will end up more like the Hunters, so it's not really fair to make too many comparisons at this stage. Sorry there's not much to go on there for the folks who couldn't make it, but the noisy show atmosphere doesn't help and there were an awful lot of other stands to visit, so time was limited.

Final comments:
The Hunters are tiny, and the PM6 are not as big as they may look in the photos, they were both really comfortable to wear, and I can't say that about all the IEMs I tried yesterday.
Whilst I was at Bob's stand, there was a recurring theme in the comments I heard from other people listening to Bob's gear - "They are fantastic for the money!". So very true, whatever you have pre-ordered, I don't think you will be disappointed.

And if anyone wasn't sure, CanJam is well worth a visit!

Keep up the good work Bob, hope you get some lunch today!

Aug 14, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #4,969 of 24,683
Finally got time to post a few thoughts on yesterday at CamJam...
First up it was great to meet Bob and shake his hand - as Jon Parker said earlier, he's a very down to earth guy.
I had a listen to the Hunter and the PM6 to compare them, as I originally planned to get the PM6, but went for the Hunter instead when it was time to pre-order, my man-maths convincing me it wasn't that much  more expensive... as you do.
So what do they sound like?
I tried the Hunters first and my initial impression was wow, what a a fantastic amount of detail, but the bass is strong and tight too, as others have said above, they have a very well balanced sound and are easy to listen too, you can just forget they are there. In comparison, the PM6 had less detail, but Bob is still working on the tuning and says they will end up more like the Hunters, so it's not really fair to make too many comparisons at this stage. Sorry there's not much to go on there for the folks who couldn't make it, but the noisy show atmosphere doesn't help and there were an awful lot of other stands to visit, so time was limited.

Final comments:
The Hunters are tiny, and the PM6 are not as big as they may look in the photos, they were both really comfortable to wear, and I can't say that about all the IEMs I tried yesterday.
Whilst I was at Bob's stand, there was a recurring theme in the comments I heard from other people listening to Bob's gear - "They are fantastic for the money!". So very true, whatever you have pre-ordered, I don't think you will be disappointed.

And if anyone wasn't sure, CanJam is well worth a visit!

Keep up the good work Bob, hope you get some lunch today!

Ah, I love man-math. My wallet and bank account don't.

Aug 14, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #4,970 of 24,683
Ah, I love man-math. My wallet and bank account don't.

Tell me about it. I promised myself that I was definitely, absolutely not buying anything at CamJam on Saturday - and I'm proud to say I didn't. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Today however is another day and I'm not actually at CamJam and FiiO's show discount code still works...  
L3000.gif

Aug 14, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #4,972 of 24,683
PM4 discounted order date limit has been extended to August 22...!!! horray... thanks Bob...
Will some impression come up this week?... 
wink.gif

Aug 14, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #4,973 of 24,683
PM4 discounted order date limit has been extended to August 22...!!! horray... thanks Bob...
Will some impression come up this week?... :wink:

That's good and bad. The bad is the Master 4 probably won't ship at end of Aug/ early September.. But that's just my guess.

Aug 14, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #4,975 of 24,683
I myself still cannot decide between PM4 or PM6... that's why having PM4 impressions is important for me...

Quote:
  PS: The Hunter sound is how the PM6 will sound [closely] and samecan be said of the PM4 - as you go 'down' in specs you loose some detail but I really dont think that will result in loosing out on the over all TOTL qualities of the PM6/4

PM4 and PM6 could potentially sound different and not just about detail/resolution. They use different BA drivers brand (each brand usually has their unique sound signature). Then the drivers characteristics itself would need different ways to treat; i.e. flatting the peaks and valleys. Then possibly different X-over cutover frequency(ies) due to the nature of drivers...

I imagine, PM4 might sound more like Sabre from the bottom going to male voice and like Delta v2 from female voice going upward.
PM6 might sound more like Hunter, since they share the same drivers. But could be different too due to different choice (priorities) of x-over cutover frequency points, peak filters parts, etc. 

Could someone please that attending CANJAM compare Delta v2 to Hunter? focusing on what similarities and differences on mid frequency upward to treble?

Aug 14, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #4,976 of 24,683
PM4 and PM6 could potentially sound different and not just about detail/resolution. They use different BA drivers brand (each brand usually has their unique sound signature). Then the drivers characteristics itself would need different ways to treat; i.e. flatting the peaks and valleys. Then possibly different X-over cutover frequency(ies) due to the nature of drivers...

I imagine, PM4 might sound more like Sabre from the bottom going to male voice and like Delta v2 from female voice going upward.
PM6 might sound more like Hunter, since they share the same drivers. But could be different too due to different choice (priorities) of x-over cutover frequency points, peak filters parts, etc. 

Could someone please that attending CANJAM compare Delta v2 to Hunter? focusing on what similarities and differences on mid frequency upward to treble?

Judging from what Bob said about the PM4, signature is rather similar to the Delta v2. ("Delta on Steroids") Obviously there are filters with and without dampening, so take that with a grain of salt.
On a personal note, I'd guess (and hope) that the PM6 is pretty much the Hunter minus the Vector-chambering and the Dual Coil driver. The price delta between the PM6 and Hunter is not quite as steep as one might think at first: The PM6 has no option for discount codes, whereas the Hunter has. Not accounting for the pre-order price of the PM6 makes it just slightly cheaper compared to the Hunter.

Aug 14, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #4,977 of 24,683
Just heading back from Canjam and had the pleasure of meeting Bobtrinity and listening to both the M6 and the Hunter. The M6 isn't a finished tuning yet, but Bob did say that the end goal was to get as close to the Hunter as possible (which is a finished model) so they will be sonically very similar.

Fit-wise, the fit on both is very good, and the Hunter fits very nicely in my ears compared to the Sabre, which Bob attributed to the filter positioning. The M6 fits perfectly, like the sort of semi-custom shells Aurisonics/Fender and Stagediver both use.

In terms of sound, the overriding impression I took away from the Hunter is similar to jon parker - there is an air of refinement and "rightness" in the sound that doesn't necessarily smack you in the face at first listen, but does sound impressive the more you dig into it, with the level of detail and crispness of the sound really apparentv the longer you listen. I don't have much TOTL experience apart from some of the gear I tried at the show today for the first time, but they definitely sound like they belong in that bracket.

Size wise, the Hunter are barely larger than the Sabre, and the M6 are certainly no larger than most multi driver BA setups on the market at the moment.

It sounds like the main price difference between the two is due to the more expensive materials used by the Hunter (titanium shell, silver in the cables etc) and if Bob nails the tuning down to his satisfaction, it will be down to the real fine details to differentiate between the two.

Overall, a very enjoyable chat with someone who obviously loves what he does and wants to deliver something that meets his high standards every time. I'm in on the Hunter, but may jump on the M6 now and see which one sounds the best when they finally arrive.

No news on the M4 sadly, apart from the fact preorder have been going through the roof over the last few days. Sounds like another busyv shipping period for the Trinity team in a few weeks...

Aug 14, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #4,978 of 24,683
Just heading back from Canjam and had the pleasure of meeting Bobtrinity and listening to both the M6 and the Hunter. The M6 isn't a finished tuning yet, but Bob did say that the end goal was to get as close to the Hunter as possible (which is a finished model) so they will be sonically very similar.

Fit-wise, the fit on both is very good, and the Hunter fits very nicely in my ears compared to the Sabre, which Bob attributed to the filter positioning. The M6 fits perfectly, like the sort of semi-custom shells Aurisonics/Fender and Stagediver both use.

In terms of sound, the overriding impression I took away from the Hunter is similar to jon parker - there is an air of refinement and "rightness" in the sound that doesn't necessarily smack you in the face at first listen, but does sound impressive the more you dig into it, with the level of detail and crispness of the sound really apparentv the longer you listen. I don't have much TOTL experience apart from some of the gear I tried at the show today for the first time, but they definitely sound like they belong in that bracket.

Size wise, the Hunter are barely larger than the Sabre, and the M6 are certainly no larger than most multi driver BA setups on the market at the moment.

It sounds like the main price difference between the two is due to the more expensive materials used by the Hunter (titanium shell, silver in the cables etc) and if Bob nails the tuning down to his satisfaction, it will be down to the real fine details to differentiate between the two.

Overall, a very enjoyable chat with someone who obviously loves what he does and wants to deliver something that meets his high standards every time. I'm in on the Hunter, but may jump on the M6 now and see which one sounds the best when they finally arrive.

No news on the M4 sadly, apart from the fact preorder have been going through the roof over the last few days. Sounds like another busyv shipping period for the Trinity team in a few weeks...

Much thanks. I really appreciate it. Was there anything which stood out to you besides the Trinity stuff?

Aug 14, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #4,979 of 24,683

I know that there aren't news on the PM4 but did bob said anything regarding sound signature of the PM4? 
Just heading back from Canjam and had the pleasure of meeting @Bobtrinity and listening to both the M6 and the Hunter. The M6 isn't a finished tuning yet, but Bob did say that the end goal was to get as close to the Hunter as possible (which is a finished model) so they will be sonically very similar.

In terms of sound, the overriding impression I took away from the Hunter is similar to @jon parker - there is an air of refinement and "rightness" in the sound that doesn't necessarily smack you in the face at first listen, but does sound impressive the more you dig into it, with the level of detail and crispness of the sound really apparentv the longer you listen. I don't have much TOTL experience apart from some of the gear I tried at the show today for the first time, but they definitely sound like they belong in that bracket.

Aug 14, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #4,980 of 24,683
I know that there aren't news on the PM4 but did bob said anything regarding sound signature of the PM4? 

Didn't really discuss the PM4 (apart from the shape) - I think the general point of the three models at the top of the chain is to take the "house sound" Trinity are staying to get known for and refine it a little more with each step up the chain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back