Impressions please!

The picture is from the Trinity Audio Instagram account 
wink_face.gif

Aug 9, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #4,775 of 24,683
i am speechless

bob u r tempting me to get another set
frown.gif

Aug 9, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #4,781 of 24,683
Yes and the balance of the design regarding weight, if it protudes to much it will be a problem for people with smaller ears like myself.

No one here but Bobtrinity can answer your concern, but he said he has tiny ears as well; I doubt he'd design something that wouldn't fit him in the first place.
I personally love the looks of the Master 6

Aug 9, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #4,782 of 24,683

No one here but @Bobtrinity can answer your concern, but he said he has tiny ears as well; I doubt he'd design something that wouldn't fit him in the first place.

Oh yeh, the design looks amazing, but if he does have small ears and it fits him that's a relief for me. The design is just making harder for me to choose between pm4 and pm6 haha

Aug 9, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #4,783 of 24,683
No one here but @Bobtrinity can answer your concern, but he said he has tiny ears as well; I doubt he'd design something that wouldn't fit him in the first place.

What is small for him may be regular for me, if he would provide even rough measure  than i (and others) could have a better idea of what to expect. That said im expecting them to fit me cause i enjoy this design unlike the old one. 

Aug 9, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #4,784 of 24,683
hey guys, I read some guys are discussing the new chinese IEMs comparing to sabre...so a quick note.

I went to a shop to test some new chinese IEM last year. (one of the very few advantages of living in china is that you can actually go to a shop and try these stuff!). I brought along sabre to just to see how it compares.

interestingly, i think no one might have a shoulder to shoulder with Sabre. I only tried with my iphone and spotify - maybe that does speak to scalability but that's the on the go is what I was looking for. Also this does not mean they are inferior, just to me i have very particular requirements to the sound.

I tried roughly about 10 pairs with tons of buzz here, dunus, FTZs, etc. but with most I lost interests rather quickly for certain bits of the design or sound instantly crossed my “not acceptable" list, but i did spend roughly 10 minutes with two that is getting tons of buzz lately: simgot ne-700 and PMV A-01 MK2, with various stuff.

simgot look really, really pretty. it's lightweight but it's quite large. it's not uncomfortable, but personally i find it sticking out of my ears, and I fit most medium fine. memory wires are an issue: they are too stiff. sound wise, slightly lighter bass than i liked, forward, detailed mids, a small spike on the upper mids and highs. not aggressive, but enough to notice. it also creates an impression it is more open that it actually is. for me sabre wins tonality and soundstage. it's just more effortless and fluid. bass is, well, bassier, than simgot though (gold filter). Also the mids on sabre are not as forward so it appears to lack of weight just a tiny little bit. I actually like it because it does less congested with IEMs, but of course YMMV.

PMV is the winner of all the ones I have tried, but it's built is...average to say the best. it is surprisingly comfortable to wear though. but somehow it uses a very chunky jack that can't fit into my case. If you are complaining about the jack of SE215, this is worse. the jack is high quality though - so if you don't use a case you might have a shot. soundwise, it's again IMO reminds me of SE215, but with more sense of openness, and energy in the upper part. bass is delicious, it's tight, it has right amount of bounce, and it did not bleed much into the mids. highs are somehwat transparent and smooth, not much hissing. Note this is an IEM, so obviously take that with a grain of salt anyway. mids are forward, with many details. again there is a hike in the upper mids - which i hate with passion, but it's less noticeable even comparing to the simgot above. so i give it a pass. it still annoys me enough to not buy it eventually, but for the price it's nice. JUST NOT NICE ENOUGH to beat sabre, which is only slightly more expensive, but nonetheless has a much natural and musical presentation. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back