TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 24, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #4,396 of 24,683
Anyone able to throw me a comparison between the sabre and Fx850, looking for something able to give me a airy/wide stage with good bass and heavily interested in buying the sabre

May be picking up a pair of FX850 next week depending on how a trade deal for some Campfire Novas I am selling ends up going so if I do, will see if I can do some quick A/B for you.

Jul 24, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #4,397 of 24,683
  and flc celeste with 108 tuning configurations is coming up!!!
frown.gif

36 tuning is not enough hence multiply it by 3
confused_face.gif

Honestly, I think the FLC Celeste is just ridiculous. 108 tuning combinations is just way too much and I just don't think there's going to be enough difference between many of them anyway to justify all the fiddling time it will take just to try them. 36 I could swallow even though I still think that's too many, but 108 just makes me ask why? I'm glad that Bob's stuck with about 7 because it's enough to choose from while maintaining distinct sound profiles for each. Having options is good, but eventually it's just plain overkill, as in the case of the Celeste in my opinion.

I am, actually ordered the Vyrus first as a replacement for my Hyperions but found the thread and ended up also buying the Sabres, PM4 and PM6. They should start shipping on Monday. 

Lol, this describes quite a few people in this thread: "I was gonna buy 1 IEM, then I ended up buying 4 IEMs"
biggrin.gif

Jul 24, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #4,399 of 24,683

Anyone able to throw me a comparison between the sabre and Fx850, looking for something able to give me a airy/wide stage with good bass and heavily interested in buying the sabre

May be picking up a pair of FX850 next week depending on how a trade deal for some Campfire Novas I am selling ends up going so if I do, will see if I can do some quick A/B for you.

Much obliged 

Jul 25, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #4,400 of 24,683
  Honestly, I think the FLC Celeste is just ridiculous. 108 tuning combinations is just way too much and I just don't think there's going to be enough difference between many of them anyway to justify all the fiddling time it will take just to try them. 36 I could swallow even though I still think that's too many, but 108 just makes me ask why? I'm glad that Bob's stuck with about 7 because it's enough to choose from while maintaining distinct sound profiles for each. Having options is good, but eventually it's just plain overkill, as in the case of the Celeste in my opinion.

Lol, this describes quite a few people in this thread: "I was gonna buy 1 IEM, then I ended up buying 4 IEMs"
biggrin.gif

I think it mostly boils down to adding 1 more option, probably treble adjustment.

So it becomes subbass (lo/mid/hi), 3x midbass, 4x mids (same as current, cos Forrest loves mids), and 3x highs filters.

Multiply them all to get a total 108 combinations It's a nice number for Eastern cultures too haha..

So rather than "Gotta try 'em all", you can tune for the very best sig for yourself, like no iem ever was. (See what I did there?)

Jul 25, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #4,401 of 24,683

I think it mostly boils down to adding 1 more option, probably treble adjustment.

So it becomes subbass (lo/mid/hi), 3x midbass, 4x mids (same as current, cos Forrest loves mids), and 3x highs filters.

Multiply them all to get a total 108 combinations It's a nice number for Eastern cultures too haha..

So rather than "Gotta try 'em all", you can tune for the very best sig for yourself, like no iem ever was. (See what I did there?)

This seems likely to me, too. And thats a good explanation of how you tune FLC8s, and how quickly you narrow down favoured combinations. Say for the FLC8s, I prefer the gold and grey mid/high filters to the blue and green, by removing those two from the equation only 18 of 36 combinations are still under consideration. It doesn't take 18 tests to figure this out, just one or two per filter. I don't think I've even tried 10 combinations, in reality.
In a similar but simpler fashion, I've not tried all 7 Delta V2 filters nor 5 filters for Atlas and Sabre; if the gold filters are roughly the lower limit of how much bass I want, theres little point in trying the purples for either, or gunmetal for Atlas/Sabre. 

Jul 25, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #4,402 of 24,683
This seems likely to me, too. And thats a good explanation of how you tune FLC8s, and how quickly you narrow down favoured combinations. Say for the FLC8s, I prefer the gold and grey mid/high filters to the blue and green, by removing those two from the equation only 18 of 36 combinations are still under consideration. It doesn't take 18 tests to figure this out, just one or two per filter. I don't think I've even tried 10 combinations, in reality.
In a similar but simpler fashion, I've not tried all 7 Delta V2 filters nor 5 filters for Atlas and Sabre; if the gold filters are roughly the lower limit of how much bass I want, theres little point in trying the purples for either, or gunmetal for Atlas/Sabre. 
for a more precise sound hence the combinations

Jul 25, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #4,405 of 24,683
  From which country are Trinity earpnones shipped? I am from Czech Rep. and don't want to pay import taxes, thanks.

From the UK, so take advantage before Br*xit officially happens.

Jul 25, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #4,408 of 24,683
  Perfect :wink:

Btw, any hidden treasures from the Czech Republic? Your country makes the most amazing underdog things that other countries don't hear about. Haha..

Jul 26, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #4,410 of 24,683
Hi all,

I've had my Sabres for a few weeks but only just had a chance to try them out.

Initial response is mostly positive. Lovely clean, clear sound, well balanced and comfortable. The braided cables are excellent quality, though tangle easily (and I find the memory wire too long and unwieldy). And I agree with other comments about accessories - amazing!

My only problem is I assume with what others have called driver flex. On insertion there's an unpleasant, sharp noise that sounds a bit like when the bottom of a plastic cup is popped in and out.

If I'm listening while sat down there is no further problem but in my daily walk to work it's pretty horrible, adding a cracking noise every few yards.

Has anyone else encountered this? I believe that one person said it happened to them when the earphones were new but resolved itself after a short amount of usage.

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back