TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 9, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #2,491 of 24,683
I have already listened to M2 so I know what to expect and found none of what your saying to my ears. 
I am actually waiting on M2 not M20.....losing my marbles 
biggrin.gif

Ok cool, any words on what you got out of the M2? The M20 is their new lower model dap that just came out, it's catered more for iem's as it's less powerful than M2, as M2 has 3.7v power and M20 has 2.1v power.

Bob should be using some of that Kickstarter money to go get himself a Opus #1 DAP. The OPUS #1 is extremely transparent, has a neutral signature and includes a balanced out from a fully balanced topology. In other words, it is pretty ideal for testing out IEMs. 

Imo an ideal dap for testing out iem's should have 0.x output impedance to get the truest sound out of the iem, otherwise the higher the output impedance the more the dap is altering the FR of the iem, even if slightly, it is not desirable when tuning an iem, Opus #1 has 2 ohm output impedance single ended, I wouldn't use it to tune a multi BA, doesn't mean they won't sound good out of it, just isn't ideal as a tool for tuning, it's like using a ruler that has the measurement markings slightly off. Luckily Bob's getting the M2 which has 0.26 ohm output impedance.

Jun 9, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #2,492 of 24,683
Quick question for Trinity. Any plans to produce a 2.5mm TRRS balanced cable for the Phantoms .Hunter or alternatively an adaptor for the for the existing phono cable? The reason I ask is that I have a Fiio X7 with the balanced module on route to me that uses the 2.5mm TRRS balanced headphone output. I believe the A & K and Onkyo DP X1 (possibly the Cayin C5 but not sure) use the same and so I would have thought there was a market for it.  Thanks.

Jun 9, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #2,493 of 24,683
I hate to bring this up but Bob is there any thought process that if the iPhone does lose it's 3.5 mm headphone jack, will you offer some type of lightning adapter with a new cable for future iPhones?

Jun 9, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #2,496 of 24,683
  Not sure if this has been covered, but are the Trinity IEM's compatible with custom tips? I've just bought a pair of Snugs that were produced from a digital scan of my ears. Would be great if they fit the Trinity range too!

https://snugsearphones.co.uk/

Snugs are customised for the specific headphone you have, so they won't fit every headphone in your collection.

Jun 9, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #2,497 of 24,683
I hate to bring this up but Bob is there any thought process that if the iPhone does lose it's 3.5 mm headphone jack, will you offer some type of lightning adapter with a new cable for future iPhones?

I think the silly fruit merchants should provide that adapter. Bob should stay out of their plantation and certification process.

Jun 9, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #2,500 of 24,683

Ok cool, any words on what you got out of the M2? The M20 is their new lower model dap that just came out, it's catered more for iem's as it's less powerful than M2, as M2 has 3.7v power and M20 has 2.1v power.

Imo an ideal dap for testing out iem's should have 0.x output impedance to get the truest sound out of the iem, otherwise the higher the output impedance the more the dap is altering the FR of the iem, even if slightly, it is not desirable when tuning an iem, Opus #1 has 2 ohm output impedance single ended, I wouldn't use it to tune a multi BA, doesn't mean they won't sound good out of it, just isn't ideal as a tool for tuning, it's like using a ruler that has the measurement markings slightly off. Luckily Bob's getting the M2 which has 0.26 ohm output impedance.

Reading this prompted me to lookup the output impedance of my dac/amp, the Grace m9xx has an output impedance of 0.08ohm... 

Jun 9, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #2,501 of 24,683

I have already listened to M2 so I know what to expect and found none of what your saying to my ears. 

I am actually waiting on M2 not M20.....losing my marbles 
biggrin.gif

I hate these product naming games, which M2 are we talking here
blink.gif

beerchug.gif

Jun 9, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #2,502 of 24,683

If Apple does this, I'm dumping them altogether. Walled gardens are plentiful and typical nowadays, but they're building a frigging fortress in the sky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back