TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Sep 23, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #22,126 of 24,683
Can we stop saying V2? It's pretty clear there is no V2. They admitted that they're using batteries from the original manufacturer. From the reports it sounds like this second set of shipments is exactly the same as the first.

There is a V1 and V2 in same way that all PM6 and Hunter had been shipped and only a few need to be put together and shipped, or in the same way that the last batch of Atlas Delta had issues. Only last batch the rest were fine lol.
Or the thread favorite, next week, guaranteed.
Anyhow, they shouldn't be trusted. One lie after another is how they roll.

On a side note; Anyone here has the AAW x Shozy Hibiki by any chance?
I need a daily driver when out and about and don't want to bring the more expensive IEMs.

Sep 23, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #22,128 of 24,683
[QUOTE="

On a side note; Anyone here has the AAW x Shozy Hibiki by any chance?
I need a daily driver when out and about and don't want to bring the more expensive IEMs.[/QUOTE]

I dont, but i have the AAW Accessport, which is a dual 3.5mm headphone and lightening charger with a DAC and also the AAW CAPRI earphone cable with DAC, plugged onto my Shure 535s and they are both great

Sep 23, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #22,129 of 24,683
Trinity says that Icarius 4 will ready shortly. I had pre-ordered, but some time ago I asked for and received the Icarius 3 instead.

I pre-ordered the Icarius 4 when Trinity had a discount that included a free Vyrus 2. Later, with some good reviews of the Icarius 3 and since Trinity was offering a discount for the Icarius 3 that was exactly half of my pre-order price for the Icarius 4, I was able to get 2 Icarius 3s in place of the Icarius 4. (3 birds in hand better than 1 in the bush)

Only thing I need now from Trinity are my 2 Phantom Airs via KS. Would prefer to wait until they have something that’s somewhat functional. I hope they stay in business long enough to deliver those.

Sep 23, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #22,130 of 24,683
Trinity says that Icarius 4 will ready shortly. I had pre-ordered, but some time ago I asked for and received the Icarius 3 instead.

I pre-ordered the Icarius 4 when Trinity had a discount that included a free Vyrus 2. Later, with some good reviews of the Icarius 3 and since Trinity was offering a discount for the Icarius 3 that was exactly half of my pre-order price for the Icarius 4, I was able to get 2 Icarius 3s in place of the Icarius 4. (3 birds in hand better than 1 in the bush)

Only thing I need now from Trinity are my 2 Phantom Airs via KS. Would prefer to wait until they have something that’s somewhat functional. I hope they stay in business long enough to deliver those.
Perhaps a bit pessimistic of a view here I'll admit, but I dunno how much hope to hold out for a somewhat functional pair. Maybe I'll be like that one guy that received an actual working pair of Kanoa's before that company went completely belly-up due to the sheer incompetence that was really obvious to the people that got sent review samples. If I get the only working pair of Airs, I'll be happy, but at the same time, I'm gonna feel really bad for all the people that waited this long and got a product that really does nothing much other than fit your ear.

Sep 24, 2017 at 12:42 AM Post #22,131 of 24,683
IF there ever was a working pair of Airs, it was their production pair Bob had before he got our $170,000 to make these things, because remember that was all they needed to get going

But there wasn’t. I bet the demos were just a shell of another model with no chords

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #22,132 of 24,683
Still no refund for the PM6/Hunter after it was "approved" 25 days ago, waiting on another update. No Airs either but that's a write off anyway.

I still wanted an upgrade to the LZ A4 and picked up the Campfire Audio Polaris. They're perfect for me and a definite upgrade, easily the best sounding (and most expensive) IEM's I've owned. Can't justify spending more on a pair so it's a TOTL for me and I don't feel wanting much more anyway.

Sep 25, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #22,133 of 24,683
I have backed 13 KSs to date and this will be the first real disappointment . I even waited 3 years for one that didnt work perfectly for me, but was less disappointed than this debacle. KS died to me unless its a company I really trust (like peak design). I was never aware of how little the KS terms protected us... It will just ask for proof that something shipped...no requirements to meet the specs...the air was an expensive lesson about KS for me.... And thankfully on one of my cheaper backings

Sep 25, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #22,134 of 24,683
Unfortunately it's not just KS. Things went south since the beginning of the year if not earlier.
The Air project was not as advertised either. Trinity created a picture perfect which led to this big mess.
The PM6 and Hunters are nowhere to be found and the Air based on the KS page is a bad product and unusable.
Did someone contact the new guy at Trinity? Is he a company employee of a contractor like Bob was?

Sep 25, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #22,135 of 24,683
Unfortunately it's not just KS. Things went south since the beginning of the year if not earlier.
The Air project was not as advertised either. Trinity created a picture perfect which led to this big mess.
The PM6 and Hunters are nowhere to be found and the Air based on the KS page is a bad product and unusable.
Did someone contact the new guy at Trinity? Is he a company employee of a contractor like Bob was?

It's a shame because ive ordered and received other items from them and they've always bent over backwards for repairs.

Sep 25, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #22,136 of 24,683

Its not only a problem with the ks... But being from KS leaves us no cancellation or return recourse...

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #22,138 of 24,683
Maybe we should all stop complaining already and let the thread slowly fade away. That way, a new wave of oblivious customers can fund the production of our IEMs from last year. In fact we should all flood all Trinity threads about how awesome our IEMs are. Sucks for the incoming customers but screw it, gotta be selfish if I won't want to waste $250.

Sep 25, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #22,139 of 24,683
Maybe we should all stop complaining already and let the thread slowly fade away. That way, a new wave of oblivious customers can fund the production of our IEMs from last year. In fact we should all flood all Trinity threads about how awesome our IEMs are. Sucks for the incoming customers but screw it, gotta be selfish if I won't want to waste $250.

You win the internet. :)

Sep 26, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #22,140 of 24,683

I'll gladly chalk this up to a lessoned learned if this prevents others angst of the sh!t show TAE has put us through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back