TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Sep 22, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #22,116 of 24,683
I got a pair of the Icarus III's two months after they "promised" they would ship.....I bought (paid for I mean) them at the LA Can Jam straight from them

Trinity has Zero credibility with me......the only thing we each have to "sell" to each other....when the Credibility is gone....there's nothing left to believe....

Sep 22, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #22,117 of 24,683
So this morning, I tried my airs. My right ear is on for about 10s then off for a second... then it comes back... and leaves again. I wasnt even moving...just lying in my bed in my tiny japanese bedroom.

Heres the thing though... even when they were on, I didnt like the sound quality. Not a sound signature problem... but more of a dac problem. Parts of songs that are supposed to be louder would end up the same volume or lower... theres some compensation mechanism. I also noticed rattling in my left ear on bass heavy sections. I also had my left ear cut out if the phone wasnt lying on my stomach.

I havent tried the battery life yet... but im cooking ribs all day today, so i will see how long they last..

I hope that trinity keep their word and make a v3 because v2s are at the level where i cant even relax with them. On a positive note the size is very good and the shape is comfortable, but then again, so are earplugs and they have a similar functionality to the airs

Sep 22, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #22,118 of 24,683
Seriously? You would buy a V3 of this (not that there was ever a V2)

Sep 22, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #22,119 of 24,683
So this morning, I tried my airs. My right ear is on for about 10s then off for a second... then it comes back... and leaves again. I wasnt even moving...just lying in my bed in my tiny japanese bedroom.

Heres the thing though... even when they were on, I didnt like the sound quality. Not a sound signature problem... but more of a dac problem. Parts of songs that are supposed to be louder would end up the same volume or lower... theres some compensation mechanism. I also noticed rattling in my left ear on bass heavy sections. I also had my left ear cut out if the phone wasnt lying on my stomach.

I havent tried the battery life yet... but im cooking ribs all day today, so i will see how long they last..

I hope that trinity keep their word and make a v3 because v2s are at the level where i cant even relax with them. On a positive note the size is very good and the shape is comfortable, but then again, so are earplugs and they have a similar functionality to the airs
"...how long they'll last..." - it seems like they last about 10 seconds from your description. Who cares what the battery life is when it doesn't connect? Its battery could go for 2 weeks for all I care, doesn't do a damn thing for me if it doesn't play music for more than 10-second stretches in that time window.

Sep 23, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #22,122 of 24,683
"...how long they'll last..." - it seems like they last about 10 seconds from your description. Who cares what the battery life is when it doesn't connect? Its battery could go for 2 weeks for all I care, doesn't do a damn thing for me if it doesn't play music for more than 10-second stretches in that time window.
Ur right about that.. but i can at least use the left side when i want to listen to music at work... i rarely put both buds in so i can still hear ppl talking to me. Not saying that its the product i paid for.. but I can still use it if it lasted the advertised time frame.... but it doesnt..it lasted around 80 mins

Sep 23, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #22,123 of 24,683
No i wont give them more money... but they said in the ks update that they would fix it and send a new version after a survey
I think you can see why I don't have much faith in that sort statement. Even if you disregard all the stuff in the past 600 pages, it echoes the "v1 isn't good, we'll fix and send out a v2" statement and we can all see how that's going right now.

Sep 23, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #22,124 of 24,683
I think you can see why I don't have much faith in that sort statement. Even if you disregard all the stuff in the past 600 pages, it echoes the "v1 isn't good, we'll fix and send out a v2" statement and we can all see how that's going right now.

Agreed. Both V1 and V2 are equally bad if they are even two different versions.
After everything that has been going on I have my doubts they will come through.
Even if they do fulfill all orders including the PM6, Hunters, and all the Icarus versions is the company even going to be around for the warranty?
Based on what we see here thousands of orders are still pending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back