TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Sep 11, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #21,856 of 24,683
If they dont send out a survey... and decide not to do a redesign, we are just screwed right?

This will probably be the last headphone I buy on igg or ks...Trinity managed to ruin a whole market for me because we have no recourse.

That would imply then that they aren't certain the product works and would open them up to some recourse for the buyers via KS and IGG. That being said, this statement is much closer to how I would have liked to have seen things handled and provides some of that transparency we've all been begging for.

In the end I think all of us probably would have handled this differently, but this is also what happens when you have your head designer trying to do PR and disaster mitigation for the company while 3 different projects have all simultaneously turned into dumpster fires.

On a side note, I wonder how many people returned the PM4 for a refund and if that's part of what started the cycle of pain.

Sep 11, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #21,857 of 24,683
If they dont send out a survey... and decide not to do a redesign, we are just screwed right?

This will probably be the last headphone I buy on igg or ks...Trinity managed to ruin a whole market for me because we have no recourse.

What are the chances that a company which is almost underwater is going to send out a survey and decide to spend even more time and money on a product that they never intend to market or sell?

The captain has abandoned ship.

Sep 11, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #21,858 of 24,683
What are the chances that a company which is almost underwater is going to send out a survey and decide to spend even more time and money on a product that they never intend to market or sell?

I only said "if" because it was a trinity guarantee. I fully expect there to not be a survey. But if the captain has abandoned ship, can we do anything about that... I fully expect to receive a faulty pair and have no further communications with TA... im just hoping...

Sep 11, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #21,859 of 24,683
I finally asked for, and got a refund for the PM6. Should have done this months ago. Sure they might arrive in two weeks, or maybe not. Probably not. But in any case I mainly bought them because they sounded like a great deal for the pre-order price. At this point I wasn't sure if they were an ok deal if they were less expensive.
Still got to wait out the KS Phantom Air's though...
When did you request and receive the refund? They told me today I should have it by Friday, though mine is for PM6+Hunter.

Sep 11, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #21,861 of 24,683

Right now, their only recourse is to deliver what's on kickstarter even if it's crap, refund paying customers off their site that requests it and hope to have enough preorders to keep them afloat to weather the passing storm. I don't think the captain abandonned ship, I just think they're a bunch of cabin crew with no leadership skills manning a boat with 20 leaks. :p

Sep 11, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #21,862 of 24,683
So... I'm wondering if my buddy actually received the V2 which is actually the V1. He played around with them over the weekend and the right earpiece died. It won't turn on.
Based on his experience they weren't usable. The battery was good for approx 75 min. The connection between the earbuds was the biggest issue, the sound quality according to him is not bad but it's a dud. Both V1 and V2 which may be both the same.
What's the warranty on the Air? I sure hope he is covered.

Sep 11, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #21,863 of 24,683
So... I'm wondering if my buddy actually received the V2 which is actually the V1. He played around with them over the weekend and the right earpiece died. It won't turn on.
Based on his experience they weren't usable. The battery was good for approx 75 min. The connection between the earbuds was the biggest issue, the sound quality according to him is not bad but it's a dud. Both V1 and V2 which may be both the same.

V1=V2. These guys are liars and they didn't do any fix at all

Sep 11, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #21,864 of 24,683
As I said before I have two V1s and a V2 and all three have connections issues between the buds and the best of the three (V2) gets 110 minutes. However, at about the 90 minute mark the connection issue gets so bad they're unusable. Honestly these things are junk. Plus the charging case might provide three charges at best. On KS Bob said it would charge them ten times. People I suggest you just write these things off because they're useless and we really don't have any recourse to recoup our money.

Sep 12, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #21,865 of 24,683
Let me get it straight. They raised approximately 130,000 GBP from KS alone which is currently around $170,000.
Based on what they claimed they had a prototype and just needed money to go into production which is no doubt, wasn't the case.
I don't think they are going to do anything with the Air really. I know it's super frustrating but maybe it's better just to write it off as suggested here.
I just hope for those who still have skin in game that they will fulfill the PM6, Hunter and Icarus 3 orders and the rest. I somehow starting to doubt that they are capable of doing so.

Sep 12, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #21,866 of 24,683
Right now, their only recourse is to deliver what's on kickstarter even if it's crap, refund paying customers off their site that requests it and hope to have enough preorders to keep them afloat to weather the passing storm. I don't think the captain abandonned ship, I just think they're a bunch of cabin crew with no leadership skills manning a boat with 20 leaks. :p

Yeah, although Bob apparently wasn't the captain. He wasn't a full time employee either, so someone is still holding the steering wheel no matter what, and should be held accountable.

Sep 12, 2017 at 12:56 AM Post #21,867 of 24,683
although Bob apparently wasn't the captain
Yeah, he is now saying that he "was only a contractor" and designed the IEMS basically to order. I'm not convinced. Why did they bring in Dan to take over the shipping, logistics, product planning and all the other management functions if it wasn't Bob doing that originally? Who was fulfilling those tasks before Dan? Who was the manager?
There is an interesting conversation on IMR acoustics Instagram, in which Bob distances himself from the last IEM models that Trinity made, claiming that they were not even "his sound"! That he was following orders. I don't know what to believe, but here is part of the answers he gave when questioned about the Hunter and PM6. Does he not like them? Didn't he have any say in their sound signature?
I still think he was more than just a contractor, I thought he was the one who started the company, it always was presented that way, but truth will probably never be clear.
Screenshot_2017-09-07-22-01-27.png

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #21,868 of 24,683
Warranty on the Air is......air. Just gonna have to accept it as a write-off.

Sep 12, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #21,870 of 24,683
Yeah, he is now saying that he "was only a contractor" and designed the IEMS basically to order. I'm not convinced. Why did they bring in Dan to take over the shipping, logistics, product planning and all the other management functions if it wasn't Bob doing that originally? Who was fulfilling those tasks before Dan? Who was the manager?
There is an interesting conversation on IMR acoustics Instagram, in which Bob distances himself from the last IEM models that Trinity made, claiming that they were not even "his sound"! That he was following orders. I don't know what to believe, but here is part of the answers he gave when questioned about the Hunter and PM6. Does he not like them? Didn't he have any say in their sound signature?
I still think he was more than just a contractor, I thought he was the one who started the company, it always was presented that way, but truth will probably never be clear.

Didn't he say that Icarus III was the best sounding iem he has ever made?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back