TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 21, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #20,117 of 24,683
These have the sound that I wanted from the Masters that I was disappointed with... Overall look well built and as they are smaller than the Masters have a better fit and feel less intrusive

Completely agree. I wasn't enamoured with the Masters from the moment I first put them in (although they improved with a bit of use), but, even box fresh, these seem pretty great - even at their rrp. History suggests they'll be better once they've settled a bit too.

If these are anything to go by, I slightly wish I'd sprung for the IV now...

Jul 21, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #20,119 of 24,683
Nice!!

Shame there are only bright colored faceplates. What do they look like without the plate at all?

On the Trinity website it clearly states black carbon plates would be included, and it was kinda disappointing not to get them, but honestly I think its not worth making a fuss over. Without the face plates they are plain gunmetal, looks pretty good actually, however without the plates there are a few holes that leave the internals exposed to dust/dirt etc, so personally I won't be leaving the plates off, changed mine to the one red/one blue look. Looks pretty good to me :wink:

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #20,120 of 24,683
Oh.... and they are a gunmetal colour, not silver like in all the prototype photos!

And no black carbon fibre face plates, only red, blue and yellow carbon fibre.

If the memory serves me right, those were the exact face plates shown in the product description for the Icarus ||| ; only yellow carbon fibre plates, no black (I would have preferred black ones).
Gunmetal color is - to my taste - better than silver, so I would be looking forward the day I get the mail notification for the preordered Icarus III.

Icarus | is the one I am really waiting for; It will probably take time; would be happy to skip the contraption which is my current mobile setup...

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #20,122 of 24,683
On the Trinity website it clearly states black carbon plates would be included, and it was kinda disappointing not to get them, but honestly I think its not worth making a fuss over. Without the face plates they are plain gunmetal, looks pretty good actually, however without the plates there are a few holes that leave the internals exposed to dust/dirt etc, so personally I won't be leaving the plates off, changed mine to the one red/one blue look. Looks pretty good to me :wink:

Can the plates be installed upside down?

Jul 21, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #20,123 of 24,683
I'm happy to see some movement. I'm also glad to hear that the Icarus III is definitely smaller than the Master. I do wish for those that are waiting for the PM6/PH that we start seeing some posts about folks receiving those as well.

Jul 21, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #20,124 of 24,683
I have received a package as well today! Very pleased so far, the sound is much more musical than the masters (having said that, for some listening sessions I like/want a very analytical iem). I am currently using my listening tracks to interrogate these straight out of the box. I will burn them in tonight and then listen again tomorrow.

Jul 21, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #20,125 of 24,683
Oh.... and they are a gunmetal colour, not silver like in all the prototype photos!

And no black carbon fibre face plates, only red, blue and yellow carbon fibre.

If the memory serves me right, those were the exact face plates shown in the product description for the Icarus ||| ; only yellow carbon fibre plates, no black (I would have preferred black ones).
Gunmetal color is - to my taste - better than silver, so I would be looking forward the day I get the mail notification for the preordered Icarus III.

Icarus | is the one I am really waiting for; It will probably take time; would be happy to skip the current contraption which is my current mobile setup...

Yeah, according to the Trinity page for the Icarus III, there was only supposed to be colored plates, no black carbon fibre.

• Interchangeable metal and carbon fibre faceplate colours (Yellow/Blue/Red)

Jul 21, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #20,126 of 24,683
Does they sound like $200 iem? :)
Limitlesspace I am a poor man whos money goes on feeding the fam. They don't allow me to spend that kind of money on iems :wink: but I can say this. For the £75 I spent on them they really do sound very impressive. Mids to me sound much improved than the Masters as well. And I say this simply playing out of my LG G5 Hi-Fi Plus with B&O PLAY module and an old C&C BH2 for a bit of amping

Jul 21, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #20,127 of 24,683
Interchangeable metal and carbon fibre faceplate colours (Yellow/Blue/Red)
That's a recent change, because above is still "Each Icarus III comes with interchangeable metal and carbon fibre face plates in black, yellow, red and blue to suit your style."
It also used to say "Kombi tips" now changed to Spinfits - which some will prefer, certainly me.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #20,128 of 24,683
That's a recent change, because above is still "Each Icarus III comes with interchangeable metal and carbon fibre face plates in black, yellow, red and blue to suit your style."

Touche, lol. But it isn't a recent change, the part I quoted has said that for quite some time. I looked at least a month ago and it read the same. I should have read the body of the text instead of just the bullet points though.

Jul 21, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #20,130 of 24,683
Yeah, according to the Trinity page for the Icarus III, there was only supposed to be colored plates, no black carbon fibre.

• Interchangeable metal and carbon fibre faceplate colours (Yellow/Blue/Red)

From the Trinity website:
Each Icarus III comes with interchangeable metal and carbon fibre face plates in black, yellow, red and blue to suit your style.

Black plates would have looked super cool with the gunmetal bodies too.

Oh well, just glad to have got them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back