TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 23, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #1,951 of 24,683

Yeah, I understand that and I don't think you have any ill-intent at all. Its a totally fair worry to have. 

My main concern is around a 'cult of Trinity' that is slowly taking shape, hardly just from yourself. From some users, its pretty clearly tongue-in-cheek, others not so much, and either way its a kind of hype. Inevitably leads to arguments, generalizations, and people taking things personally. 

I think part of the problem, though, is you just won't know until its in your ears. I'd hate for someone to tell you you 'must' have this x hundred dollar amp or dap to get the 'best' out of the Master 6 and then it just doesn't suit you at all - whether it be the Master 6 itself or some part of the chain.
My intent was to allay the fear that anything will sound bad out of a recent iDevice, if you're happy with how it performs with what you have now, then its unlikely to be the problem with anything else - more likely it'll be down to how well the Master 4/6/Hunter/any other IEM suits you.

I appreciate your comments, all very valid and spot on!  I understand, I have to listen with my ears.  I really worry, I won't appreciate the high end IEM from any manufacturer due to my ears and perceptions. I realize my sensitivities and needs are individualized to me and different from many of the members here.  

I made my previous purchases based on certain user reviews on head-fi. There are some excellent members whose reviews have allowed me to determine the sound signature I prefer and what to look for in an IEM.

I have not and will not go out and buy amps/DAC before listening to see if I need something or want it. 

Thank you for reminding to be realistic and not get misguided.

May 23, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #1,952 of 24,683

I appreciate your comments, all very valid and spot on!  I understand, I have to listen with my ears.  I really worry, I won't appreciate the high end IEM from any manufacturer due to my ears and perceptions. I realize my sensitivities and needs are individualized to me and different from many of the members here.  

I made my previous purchases based on certain user reviews on head-fi. There are some excellent members whose reviews have allowed me to determine the sound signature I prefer and what to look for in an IEM.

I have not and will not go out and buy amps/DAC before listening to see if I need something or want it. 

Thank you for reminding to be realistic and not get misguided.

You were being serious?  I thought you were just playin' around with logic.

May 24, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #1,954 of 24,683
Haha, the Cult of Trinity, that's a snazzy name. I agree @ajaxender, hype is a double-edged sword; just enough to get people excited and a little buzz to get a product off the ground is great, too much and we get unrealistic. As for source: go for something musical. If you can enjoy the musicality out of something, I'd say you're doing something right. To this day, I haven't owned anything that can be considered an "audiophile-approved" DAP. I had an iPod Touch 2g for a while and now I run everything out of an iPod Touch 5g. Enjoying every minute of it. I added a small amp for a while in the form of a Fiio E6; allowed me to not run down my battery as quickly with power-hungry IEMs like the Havi B3. Then I ditched that cuz I got annoyed with carrying it around
tongue.gif
. Bottom line, find something you can enjoy your music with.

$400 IEM out of an iPod Touch? You bet your ass I'm doing that!

May 24, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #1,955 of 24,683
Hype is good.
Let People be excited if they want to.
Its pretty clear that Trinity has a lot of fans who are starting in this world, and beacuse of the way Bob does things they can "grow" together with the Company. If you started with a Delta when it came out, the Sabre and Master 4 are a Logical steop up.
I have not seen this type of Connection between other brands and their customers on this Forum.

BTW; im not using a DAP beacuse it sounds that much better than my phone, its more about the convinience of having all the Music stored in one place that is easy to adjust (i hate iTunes) and add new Music. Also im on my phone the whole time, using it for Music as well would not be optimal as it would interefere with the other things... I guess if i had a android and could use it so simply to just drop files i would leave the DAP at home :)

May 24, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #1,956 of 24,683
  Hype is good.
Its pretty clear that Trinity has a lot of fans who are starting in this world, and beacuse of the way Bob does things they can "grow" together with the Company. If you started with a Delta when it came out, the Sabre and Master 4 are a Logical steop up.
I have not seen this type of Connection between other brands and their customers on this Forum.

Hype can be good, but too much and we might be too unrealistic. Bob will sell something that is of stellar build quality and will sound better than the competition at the price point. That's all I can say is really certain.

But agreed, few brands have such a good rapport with the community they cater to.

May 24, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #1,957 of 24,683
  Hype can be good, but too much and we might be too unrealistic. Bob will sell something that is of stellar build quality and will sound better than the competition at the price point. That's all I can say is really certain.

But agreed, few brands have such a good rapport with the community they cater to.

I think for a lot of Folks, the Trinity iems will be the only iems they have, or at least the only "high end" ones.
This means they will spend less time comparing and juding them based on the competition and what they heard before, and more time acctually enjoing them :)

May 24, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #1,959 of 24,683
I think for a lot of Folks, the Trinity iems will be the only iems they have, or at least the only "high end" ones.
This means they will spend less time comparing and juding them based on the competition and what they heard before, and more time acctually enjoing them :)

Well I happen to have lots of iem's by great manufacturers (Sony, UE, Aurisonics, Klipsch, Phonak,Senn) as well as budget iem's (KZ, Rock, Cosonic, VJJB) plus some of the nitch tweakers like TK's and FLC. Sure I have Trinity Techne's and Delta DV2's now and Vyrus, Sabre's and Phantom 4's on the way. Bob has proven tume after time to release an excellent product and for me any hype I garner upon Trinity is well deserved:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Am I fanatical? Hardly but dollar for dollar Trinity deserves a fair amont of hype honestly:thumbsup:.

Of course this is just one music livers opinion and you know what they say about those:smirk:

:beers:

May 24, 2016 at 7:07 AM Post #1,960 of 24,683
Hype is good.
I have not seen this type of Connection between other brands and their customers on this Forum

I agree 100%. I believe this is because Bob wants more than anything else To have something that's fun and sounds enjoyable which is ultimately what many people want.
I firmly believe he understands what we want because he listens to our concerns. What more could you want from a company. They provide excellent service and provide nice sounding equipment with the ability to tweak it, that way anyone and everyone can get the sound they desire.

He hooked me with this approach. Look at the Master 4. He initially dropped it, but then he saw the how many people seem to desire this option and I believe he ended up providing it because the community wanted it. This proved to me that he really has a concern for his customer.

May 24, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #1,961 of 24,683
Haha, the Cult of Trinity, that's a snazzy name. I agree @ajaxender
, hype is a double-edged sword; just enough to get people excited and a little buzz to get a product off the ground is great, too much and we get unrealistic. As for source: go for something musical. If you can enjoy the musicality out of something, I'd say you're doing something right. To this day, I haven't owned anything that can be considered an "audiophile-approved" DAP. I had an iPod Touch 2g for a while and now I run everything out of an iPod Touch 5g. Enjoying every minute of it. I added a small amp for a while in the form of a Fiio E6; allowed me to not run down my battery as quickly with power-hungry IEMs like the Havi B3. Then I ditched that cuz I got annoyed with carrying it around :p . Bottom line, find something you can enjoy your music with.

$400 IEM out of an iPod Touch? You bet your ass I'm doing that!
There has long been a belief that the clearest audible differences come from using a different set of headphones. Change any other component ; source/DAC/amp/cables/mains plug/bit rate of music; if the volume level is matched the results won't be as obvious.
Therefore the more money could be arguably spent on an iem and its money well spent as it seems you have an easy no frills way to access all your favourite music.
Sound thinking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back