TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 23, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #1,936 of 24,683
So is a V shape signature endemic to all of the phantom series?

Very much depends on the filter used, one filter can be V shaped while at the other end you are more neutral. We don't do flat boring sound signatures, but we do do detail clarity with good imaging. 

beerchug.gif

May 23, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #1,937 of 24,683
Very much depends on the filter used, one filter can be V shaped while at the other end you are more neutral. We don't do flat boring sound signatures, but we do do detail clarity with good imaging. 

:beerchug:

That is what is so intriguing and amazing about the possibility of how these products will sound. You get a bass sound signature and the ability to adapt it to what you prefer with the filters. So you get all of the wonderful potential detail clarity and soundstage that Bob wants to present as a base and then you can tweak to your liking.

That just seems amazing to me, especially at his price points. It's almost like you're getting a custom IEM.

This is why I have no issues purchasing one of his products without more reviews, it's clear to me that you can make it whatever you want but you will know that you will have a great place to start with the sound. You will be just giving it a small tweak

May 23, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #1,938 of 24,683
Waaaa. The Sabres are getting so close another week of production and then shipping may start. Just can't get here fast enough. That's in my humble opinion of course

May 23, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #1,940 of 24,683

beerchug.gif

Your filter system is definitely something I would want to experience. Is there one that would skew it more bass/mid centric? I do like a good v-shape though.

Waiting for the Master 6 kickstarter to see if I should go 6 or 4. Would the 6 be largely the same signature as the 4?

May 23, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #1,942 of 24,683

Some spare time on my hands so listening to tunes and thinking about the target markets for the upcoming Trinity IEMs and Trinity’s future.

Phantom Target Markets

The Master 4 is for guys like me who want an exceptional IEM for the money even where the quality of our audio source likely doesn’t warrant it.  I suspect the Deltas, Atlas and Sabres also meet that criteria but the Master 4s seem like an affordable enough upgrade and so they are aspirational.

The Master 6 on the other hand is for people with high-end equipment.  These are people who only listen to lossless music on zero distortion amped-up DAPs and want to hear precisely what the sound engineer intended when he/she was recording.

But who will be the target audience for the Hunter?  Well my guess is that Bob will be making them for those people who scorn lossless files and who aren’t really interested in what the sound engineer intended because that’s just not good enough.  They are (still) searching for source equipment made of rare materials mined from asteroids making it capable of extracting (past and present) brain waves from the ether and reproducing the EXACT sounds the artist heard from God when they first imagined the music.   1,000 units a year is probably about the right number for this target group…

The Future

So what does the future hold for Trinity?  Well, Bob will soon have a full line-up of exceptional IEMs (and possibly some cans) and will be able turn his focus toward a full-on marketing effort.

He already knows a little about marketing and his You Tube videos explaining various aspects of Trinity are fantastic.  They are brief but very informative and oddly, for now at least they are not even linked to the Trinity website.

Once the product line is complete and proper promotion kicks in, the rest of the world will begin to discover what head-fi’ers already know about the exceptional value for money Trinity products deliver.   

Trinity could become yuuuge, Trumping other brands and making Bob so wealthy that sometime down the road Trinity could sponsor an F1 team.  That would allow Bob to travel the world to attend races and offer up “tuning” suggestions. 

It could happen.  OTOH I might be the victim of an overly active imagination…
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #1,943 of 24,683

Some spare time on my hands so listening to tunes and thinking about the target markets for the upcoming Trinity IEMs and Trinity’s future.

Phantom Target Markets

The Master 4 is for guys like me who want an exceptional IEM for the money even where the quality of our audio source likely doesn’t warrant it.  I suspect the Deltas, Atlas and Sabres also meet that criteria but the Master 4s seem like an affordable enough upgrade and so they are aspirational.

The Master 6 on the other hand is for people with high-end equipment.  These are people who only listen to lossless music on zero distortion amped-up DAPs and want to hear precisely what the sound engineer intended when he/she was recording.

But who will be the target audience for the Hunter?  Well my guess is that Bob will be making them for those people who scorn lossless files and who aren’t really interested in what the sound engineer intended because that’s just not good enough.  They are (still) searching for source equipment made of rare materials mined from asteroids making it capable of extracting (past and present) brain waves from the ether and reproducing the EXACT sounds the artist heard from God when they first imagined the music.   1,000 units a year is probably about the right number for this target group…

The Future

So what does the future hold for Trinity?  Well, Bob will soon have a full line-up of exceptional IEMs (and possibly some cans) and will be able turn his focus toward a full-on marketing effort.

He already knows a little about marketing and his You Tube videos explaining various aspects of Trinity are fantastic.  They are brief but very informative and oddly, for now at least they are not even linked to the Trinity website.

Once the product line is complete and proper promotion kicks in, the rest of the world will begin to discover what head-fi’ers already know about the exceptional value for money Trinity products deliver.   

Trinity could become yuuuge, Trumping other brands and making Bob so wealthy that sometime down the road Trinity could sponsor an F1 team.  That would allow Bob to travel the world to attend races and offer up “tuning” suggestions. 

biggrin.gif

I'm not entirely sure the Phantom Master 6 is going to need those super-amped audio sources. I don't care anyway, I fully intend to run it out of my iPod Touch 5g
biggrin.gif
. Not that it wouldn't sound better with those high-end DAPs, but I favor smart-device convenience over dedicated sources. The Phantom Hunter definitely seems to be the kind of product for people who want absolute TOTL though.

May 23, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #1,944 of 24,683
  I'm not entirely sure the Phantom Master 6 is going to need those super-amped audio sources. I don't care anyway, I fully intend to run it out of my iPod Touch 5g
biggrin.gif
. Not that it wouldn't sound better with those high-end DAPs, but I favor smart-device convenience over dedicated sources. The Phantom Hunter definitely seems to be the kind of product for people who want absolute TOTL though.

Don't you worry that you won't get the full experience intended from the Master 6 with iPod touch 5g

I agree on audio source, for me its my iPhone 6(easiest and most portable) and I am concerned, I might be cheating the Master 6.

May 23, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #1,945 of 24,683

Don't you worry that you won't get the full experience intended from the Master 6 with iPod touch 5g

I agree on audio source, for me its my iPhone 6(easiest and most portable) and I am concerned, I might be cheating the Master 6.

Sorry man, gotta call you out on how you've put this - its a little too far into a kind of cultish worship of Trinity.

An IEM is a piece of gear. Put it into your ear, it does nothing. Plug it into a source, whether it be a $5000 DAP or a $50 phone, and it does nothing.

The music, or whatever sound you choose to play through it, that's what is important. There is no 'experience' of the Master 6, you can't 'cheat' it. You experience music, and you can cheat yourself and your tastes. If an IEM simply does not work for you, move on. The Atlas does not work for me, its not the Atlas' fault, but it would be mine if I kept listening to it in a vain attempt to 'do right by it'.

As for your actual concern, be aware that most high-end smartphones these days do not lack for power. And very, very few IEMs are designed to require more than what even mid range phones can provide. (Exclude Sony phones from this, apparently even some of their DAPs lack power for probably no good reason)
You can check the threads of some of the makers of rather expensive gear, you'll find plenty of users more than happy to use their several thousand dollar IEMs with their iPhones or similar, perhaps not all the time but certainly not worrying about it when they do. Can you do better? Define 'better'. More clarity, less distortion, more channel separation - probably, but again high end phones are rarely *bad* at these things these days.

I'm more worried - as I have been for every IEM I've bought, and will always be - that the tuning won't suit. But thats where Bob and Trinity get credit, for putting filters on nearly everything, and more importantly involving people like Brooko and Hisoundfi in the process allowing them to so helpfully provide previews and answer questions about different aspects, and from different points of view. 

May 23, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #1,946 of 24,683

Sorry man, gotta call you out on how you've put this - its a little too far into a kind of cultish worship of Trinity.

An IEM is a piece of gear. Put it into your ear, it does nothing. Plug it into a source, whether it be a $5000 DAP or a $50 phone, and it does nothing.

The music, or whatever sound you choose to play through it, that's what is important. There is no 'experience' of the Master 6, you can't 'cheat' it. You experience music, and you can cheat yourself and your tastes. If an IEM simply does not work for you, move on. The Atlas does not work for me, its not the Atlas' fault, but it would be mine if I kept listening to it in a vain attempt to 'do right by it'.

As for your actual concern, be aware that most high-end smartphones these days do not lack for power. And very, very few IEMs are designed to require more than what even mid range phones can provide. (Exclude Sony phones from this, apparently even some of their DAPs lack power for probably no good reason)
You can check the threads of some of the makers of rather expensive gear, you'll find plenty of users more than happy to use their several thousand dollar IEMs with their iPhones or similar, perhaps not all the time but certainly not worrying about it when they do. Can you do better? Define 'better'. More clarity, less distortion, more channel separation - probably, but again high end phones are rarely *bad* at these things these days.

I'm more worried - as I have been for every IEM I've bought, and will always be - that the tuning won't suit. But thats where Bob and Trinity get credit, for putting filters on nearly everything, and more importantly involving people like Brooko and Hisoundfi in the process allowing them to so helpfully provide previews and answer questions about different aspects, and from different points of view. 

ok, sorry. my comment is taken a bit out of context maybe.

All I meant was that maybe my audio source may not be the best to appreciate all the Master 6 has to offer.  Sorry.

May 23, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #1,947 of 24,683

Agreed.  I have a triple fi and I can't really distinguish the difference in sound when plugged into my smartphone vs fiio e17.  Both sound great to me and that's all that matters.

May 23, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #1,948 of 24,683

ok, sorry. my comment is taken a bit out of context maybe.

All I meant was that maybe my audio source may not be the best to appreciate all the Master 6 has to offer.  Sorry.

Yeah, I understand that and I don't think you have any ill-intent at all. Its a totally fair worry to have. 

My main concern is around a 'cult of Trinity' that is slowly taking shape, hardly just from yourself. From some users, its pretty clearly tongue-in-cheek, others not so much, and either way its a kind of hype. Inevitably leads to arguments, generalizations, and people taking things personally. 

I think part of the problem, though, is you just won't know until its in your ears. I'd hate for someone to tell you you 'must' have this x hundred dollar amp or dap to get the 'best' out of the Master 6 and then it just doesn't suit you at all - whether it be the Master 6 itself or some part of the chain.
My intent was to allay the fear that anything will sound bad out of a recent iDevice, if you're happy with how it performs with what you have now, then its unlikely to be the problem with anything else - more likely it'll be down to how well the Master 4/6/Hunter/any other IEM suits you.

May 23, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #1,950 of 24,683

Phantom Target Markets

The Future

biggrin.gif

LOL 

Not a bad analysis.
Let me know what ingredient to your imagination you're on and I'll take double 
evil_smiley.gif

I agree that trinity could be large, especially if they added one of those two year warranties on the products.  Hell make it three and I'm on board.  That would do it for me.

I wouldn't mind amping up the sabre, let alone, the master 4 with a martin HVA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back