TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 28, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #15,843 of 24,683
Friday morning Deftones <3
Thanks @Bobtrinity, these things are awesome... More impressions after more playtime ^_^
IMG_9231.JPG

master1.JPG
master2.JPG

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #15,844 of 24,683
I'm pretty sure we're all aware of that already. Please stop reminding us.
Dunno why it's so important to everyone that I not say that I wish the hunters would ship soon. The way I see it, I want the hunters to ship soon, and sometimes saying HUNTERS WHEN makes me feel a bit less agitated. Nothing here to be concerned about my friend.

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #15,845 of 24,683
Dunno why it's so important to everyone that I not say that I wish the hunters would ship soon. The way I see it, I want the hunters to ship soon, and sometimes saying HUNTERS WHEN makes me feel a bit less agitated. Nothing here to be concerned about my friend.

Everybody just let him be excited... If jaded folks have freedom to post so should everyone else. He's not being abusive or personally attacking anyone, right? Just block him if you don't wanna see it :)

I'm just as excited, less vocal about it

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #15,846 of 24,683
Well, I received my Masters yesterday and WOW. I'm ridiculously pleased with them.

They're head and shoulders above the PM4's. I haven't even rolled any filters but, wow, I really wasn't prepared for how good these would sound and or how versatile they would be. It's not just the sound but the fit and finish are great too. I really didn't think I would like the cloth cable and, in pictures, I thought the braided rubber looked so much better but in person I really prefer the new one. It doesn't catch on clothing nearly as easily and microphonic (over ear at least) are virtually nil.

About Trinity:

I can understand why people who've not received their products or received non-working units would be completely frustrated but I can only go off of my experiences and, I have to say, I AM A HUGE FAN OF TRINITY AUDIO. They are clearly in over their heads and things have gone a bit pear shaped BUT these are my personal experiences:

I ordered the original Vyrus (at pre-order price) and they came a bit late but I was satisfied with the value. Then I ordered the PM4 (also pre-order). They were also late but my emails about them were answered within a day and when they cameI was happy with them and I also thought they were a good value. A few weeks ago I saw that Hyperions were on sale and when I realized that I could pick some up for about $20 USD I pulled the trigger. I wasn't crazy about the SQ but with a case and tips, what a value! Then 4 days ago I thought I'd give the Masters a try because I'd given my Vyruses to my nephew and I wanted another option so I can take something I like when I travel (50,000 miles this year-to-date) and not worry about them too much. They arrived 3 days later and, holy cow, I LOVE THEM. My favorite by far. This is the most spacious, detailed, and smooth IEM I've ever heard and it's also the first one that makes me wonder if I've been down the wrong path the whole time with full-sized cans. Seriously can't wait to hear the Icarus III I ordered a couple weeks ago.

(only gripe: I wish my Masters weren't shiny. On me, they look tacky and I hate it.)

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #15,848 of 24,683
Trying to put tips onto the PM4s is an unreasonable pain in the ass. :confounded:

Baul1.png

Is this what kombis are supposed to fit like? I can't get them to fit straight for the life of mine

I found this at the start too. There is a trick to it though. You have to turn the tip inside out before you start. Also it is much easier if the filter is attached to the IEM.

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #15,850 of 24,683
re.the above remark about shiny, got to say I feel the same, not a big fan of the shiny look. That's why I got gun metal Hyperion, which looks really nice, the gun metal Hunters should look awesome. I'm hoping that the Icarus are still going to be made in the matt finish that is shown on the website. Hoping.........

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #15,851 of 24,683
Putting the tips on with the filter off the body is madness...

And yeah they punch like hell on the Grace

EDIT: I thought I wouldn't be a fan of the finish... but it feels so weirdly good. Whatever the new metal is (some zinc alloy?) it has an awesome weight/cool-to-the-touch-ness ratio to it that feels super premium. The polished finish tops that off and gives it the illusion of luxury jewelry or something. Whatever, I unexpectedly dig it.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #15,852 of 24,683
They do enjoy a bit of extra power. They are incredible paired with my iDSD.

Yeah, I'll have to give them some more juice soon and see how they go.

re.the above remark about shiny, got to say I feel the same, not a big fan of the shiny look. That's why I got gun metal Hyperion, which looks really nice, the gun metal Hunters should look awesome. I'm hoping that the Icarus are still going to be made in the matt finish that is shown on the website. Hoping.........

I have the gunmetal PM4's and I think they look great but shiny was my only option for Hyperions and Masters. I think I'll survive though.

Putting the tips on with the filter off the body is madness...

MADNESS.

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #15,853 of 24,683
EDIT: I thought I wouldn't be a fan of the finish... but it feels so weirdly good. Whatever the new metal is (some zinc alloy?) it has an awesome weight/cool-to-the-touch-ness ratio to it that feels super premium. The polished finish tops that off and gives it the illusion of luxury jewelry or something. Whatever, I unexpectedly dig it.

I didn't think I'd like the shiny finish either, and thought I'd go with the carbon fiber plates to stay low key. Now that I have the Masters, they do look kind of like jewelry and I went with the red plates and I love it.

5.jpg

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #15,855 of 24,683
I didn't think I'd like the shiny finish either, and thought I'd go with the carbon fiber plates to stay low key. Now that I have the Masters, they do look kind of like jewelry and I went with the red plates and I love it.

I wish I could use the CF plates, but I find they have a sharp edge that scrapes on everything :frowning2:

Love the feel of the metal plates because they have beveled, rounded-off edges that feel great and look really premium.

Bummed me out... I love the look of carbon fiber, I even have a carbon fiber wallet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back